The Oogie Boogie Bash 2022 Thread (ALL DATES SOLD OUT)

I’m sure all the tickets on eBay right now are just intentional resellers, but sometimes something does come up.
I do wish Disney provided exceptions for refunds, as legitimate events do come up that make it difficult to get to the parks and the tickets are expensive to have to forfeit.

But, I think there is a difference between people selling them for $300 each (making about a $150 profit) and people selling for at-cost. When I've looked on eBay in years past, I've always seen them marked up significantly. There is a way to check how much things have sold for, so it's easy to go back on tickets that already sold to track pricing. If someone sold them on eBay for $189 ($179 for Halloween night and we'll add on a $10 hassle/credit card interest "fee"), that would be easier to give a pass to than the markup they're always listed at. I just wish people wouldn't take advantage.

All October dates are gone.

We are staying at DLH and done have regular tickets on our OBB day. Is it better to use the GCH entrance at 3pm?
Last year we used our MKs to enter the front gate just before 3, using a separate line from the guests waiting to enter with party tickets. It was super quick, as was the in-park check-in. So if you have day tickets, I would advise getting there before 3 to be a bit ahead of the party crowd. I don’t know if the GCH entrance would be better or worse.
I am also curious about using the GCH entrance with our party tickets. Does anyone know if you can enter DCA through the GCH entrance using party tickets and not regular park tickets? We plan on taking it easy that day and enjoying the hotel before going to the party. This will save me from having to buy 4-day tickets, and instead, I will just buy 3-day tickets.

Wasn't able to get tickets for the time we will be there. Oh, well. Maybe if we make it back out to the west some other time. Is there anything else to do in the area for a teen over Halloween?
How old is the teen? Universal and Knott’s both have Halloween events, though they are much more “intense.” (Still totally safe, but more for like 16+ up that love horror movies.) If you do either, I highly recommend front of the line tickets if it’s in October, lines get to 60-120 minutes fast.

I am also curious about using the GCH entrance with our party tickets. Does anyone know if you can enter DCA through the GCH entrance using party tickets and not regular park tickets? We plan on taking it easy that day and enjoying the hotel before going to the party. This will save me from having to buy 4-day tickets, and instead, I will just buy 3-day tickets.
I’m sure we used our OBB party tickets at the GCH gate last fall. (And if I recall correctly I think we even got in 10-15 before 3pm. Shh, don’t tell anyone!)

The name doesn't actually matter on the ticket until it's used (and then just the picture matters). You could have bought and put in any name even your own a second time. This is why if someone is unable to go they can gift their OBB ticket to a lucky person. They just can't sell it (against the terms of the purchase).

The listings on eBay are often taken down when caught (they're fairly easy to report and eBay does remove them as selling them is against the terms of the tickets). Disney has also been known to cancel tickets if they find out they were sold by an unauthorized third party.
That’s good to know! I might actually have one I can’t use and give away to a friend and just don’t want them to be screwed at the gate.

I’ll also keep an eye open for any reopening of dates…

Last year you could go through DCA entrance with OBB tickets. I had heard the main entrance lines were long so I was considering it. But the front gate lines weren’t that long on our night and we got in after a few minutes. I think even a little earlier than 3.

I wonder if the new villains being added will increase the amount of treat trails? Those were awesome last year!

Last year you could go through DCA entrance with OBB tickets. I had heard the main entrance lines were long so I was considering it. But the front gate lines weren’t that long on our night and we got in after a few minutes. I think even a little earlier than 3.
I had friends meet me in the park, a little "late" too, I think we met up around 4pm or so and they mentioned about a 10 to 15 minute wait to get through the front gates. I actually had booked a stay at the Grand to use that entrance and was in within maybe 3 minutes. I was VERY sad to find out that to EXIT back to the hotel at the end of the night, they made us go out the front gates... so much for my $500+ a night to save myself some walking at the end of the night.

I figure if I had left ten minutes or so before the park closed out I would have been fine, but we did Spiderman one last time and actually got OFF the ride a few minutes after the park officially closed and by the time we had walked over to that area the cast members were already walking in a line pushing guests towards the main gate....

I had friends meet me in the park, a little "late" too, I think we met up around 4pm or so and they mentioned about a 10 to 15 minute wait to get through the front gates. I actually had booked a stay at the Grand to use that entrance and was in within maybe 3 minutes. I was VERY sad to find out that to EXIT back to the hotel at the end of the night, they made us go out the front gates... so much for my $500+ a night to save myself some walking at the end of the night.

I figure if I had left ten minutes or so before the park closed out I would have been fine, but we did Spiderman one last time and actually got OFF the ride a few minutes after the park officially closed and by the time we had walked over to that area the cast members were already walking in a line pushing guests towards the main gate....
That's a huge bummer. I wonder if that entrance/exit closes with the park during normal operating hours?

We got in line for Soarin right when the park was closing and left through the front gates after park closure as well. It’s a good tip to know you can do that on party nights same as regular park nights. We watched the second parade, went straight to Villain’s Grove with about a 5 minute wait, and then hit Soarin. It was a great way to end the night.

Yes- you can wear your costume in at 3:00 and we did last year. Actually, we were using our regular day tickets as we had been in the park that morning and just gone back to the resort to change. We actually entered through the regular line a little bit before 3:00 telling them we were using our regular day tickets and would go get our wristbands in the in park station before the party- no issues at all. Very easy and barely a line at the in park station. Lots of people will be lined up outside the park in costume waiting to enter at 3:00 with their party tickets.

The normal food options would definitely be open until the park closes for the party. I can't remember if everything stayed open during the party- but some places did. I know Flos did. I would recommend eating before the party as you don't want to waste party time.

It was not running last year- but typically the Incredicoaster, swings, Pixar pal a round, jumping jellyfish, zephyr and Pixar Pier games close during WOC.
Thank you! I’ll see what the weather is like to decide about wearing costumes versus changing.

Last year, we had tickets to MNSSHP at WDW because I had a work conference in Orlando.
The after hours thing? Boo Bash? WDW sadly didn't have MNSSHP last year. That was one of the reasons we went to DLR and OBB. I think you got the great end of that deal, getting to go to OBB instead! Glad it worked out for you.
Last year we used our MKs to enter the front gate just before 3, using a separate line from the guests waiting to enter with party tickets. It was super quick, as was the in-park check-in. So if you have day tickets, I would advise getting there before 3 to be a bit ahead of the party crowd.
This is a trick we learned back in our MNSSHP days. Works at WDW too. At WDW, they let MNNSHP guests in at 4:00. We would go back to the resort and change after lunch and we would often get back at 2:30 or 3:00 and had no trouble entering in costume even though it wasn't 4:00 yet. We always just said we would enter with our regular day tickets and get our MNSSHP tickets scanned and our wristbands inside, at the in park station.

Not sure how early you would get the same response at DLR. I think we entered at most 30 minutes before the party crowd was allowed in last year-- maybe even more like 3:45 or 3:50--- but I would guess it would be the same. It is definitely the way to go if you have already used a regular day ticket. There is always a big crowd trying to get in at party entry time.

We had decided we’re not going to use one of our regular tickets on 10/29, figuring we can do something else in the morning before heading to the park around 3PM. But my wife is having second thoughts because she has read horror stories on FB about long waits to check in and get into the park, with someone saying it took 3 hours. Could it really be that long of a wait?

We had decided we’re not going to use one of our regular tickets on 10/29, figuring we can do something else in the morning before heading to the park around 3PM. But my wife is having second thoughts because she has read horror stories on FB about long waits to check in and get into the park, with someone saying it took 3 hours. Could it really be that long of a wait?
You can go back and read last years oogie boogie thread but I feel like if someone waited 3 hours then there was something else going on. If I found myself waiting more then an hour I'd re rout to the GCH entrance or something.

You can go back and read last years oogie boogie thread but I feel like if someone waited 3 hours then there was something else going on. If I found myself waiting more then an hour I'd re rout to the GCH entrance or something.
I actually went through and read that thread (I’m an obsessive planner lol) and it seemed the first couple parties were the ones that had the major issues. It seemed like after the 2nd or 3rd week they had figured out the kinks. If you’re going to a later party I would watch this thread when the parties start happening and see what if any issues they are having and adjust from there.

Oh no - the lines have never been that long!

Have you been to rope drop at Disneyland before? To compare, the lines have never been longer than that. We've found they're always shorter and usually get in within about 30 minutes (if that). If you wanted to lessen your wait, you could wait until 3:30Pm or 4:00Pm and the lines should be shorter.

One thing to keep in mind is that the in-between time (normally between 3pm and 6pm) can become pretty crowded because you have regular park guests and party guests merging together.

All OBB dates are sold out..

And..

Disney had updated the website to state they are sold out, so you are unable to even check dates.333648FB-B6D8-49A4-A3E0-B6940977E20E.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!