The One with the Breakfast Feet - A December 2018 TR *New PTR Link 6/13

The mini golf looks like fun! Sorry about the delivery hassle. Looking forward to reading more!

Hopping over from your last trip report! Can't wait to read about your experience with Disney at Christmastime and getting to hang with your mom and dad. Even at 28, I love to go to Disney with my parents so I can relate to how fun it can be!

That's so annoying about the delivery mixup!

I hope your dad ended up getting that rose gold bag

Glad to hear Fantasia Gardens was fun, especially since I'm hoping we do that on our arrival day too!

This trip was, of course, full of magic and laughter, but also a few unexpected surprises…raccoons, tornadoes, allergic reactions, and…breakfast feet.
Hello! I'm joining in. It sounds like an interesting trip!
I'm curious to see how your CSR stay was since I've thought about staying there sometime.

A visit to Earl of Sandwich is always great! It's not a Disney trip for us without heading over there for sure!

Following along, love it already! You have a great way of writing. Thanks for sharing!

That's annoying about your Prime delivery. I'm sure it's mostly because Disney isn't yet used to that service since it's fairly new but still it was like cat-and-mouse with the communication, that should've been far better handled.

Omg Earl of Sandwich Holiday Turkey and mini-golf, how fun! I'm sorry you didn't play your best. I feel that whole video on such a spiritual level because that's been me on many occasions.

Can't wait to read about the rest of your evening! :mickeyjum

Yeah it was really the communication part of it that was so frustrating. If they had just told us up front that they couldn't find the boxes and to check back later, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal.

I think I have beaten my dad at mini golf ONCE in my entire life:rotfl: I had already had a couple of bad holes, so when I saw the spinning snowflake I told them to video it because it was bound to be entertaining:laughing:

The mini golf looks like fun! Sorry about the delivery hassle. Looking forward to reading more!

It was so fun! We love mini golf and only ever get to play when we're at the beach or in Disney!

Hopping over from your last trip report! Can't wait to read about your experience with Disney at Christmastime and getting to hang with your mom and dad. Even at 28, I love to go to Disney with my parents so I can relate to how fun it can be!

:welcome: Thanks for joining in! We had such a fun time--we hadn't been just the three of us since my first trip back in 2003!

That's so annoying about the delivery mixup!

I hope your dad ended up getting that rose gold bag

Glad to hear Fantasia Gardens was fun, especially since I'm hoping we do that on our arrival day too!

I think I would have died laughing if he had. But alas, no, it was much too expensive to buy as a joke!:laughing:

The theming there is really cute! A couple of the holes are a little challenging (clearly), but it was a lot of fun!

Hello! I'm joining in. It sounds like an interesting trip!
I'm curious to see how your CSR stay was since I've thought about staying there sometime.

:welcome: It was definitely an interesting trip! CSR is beautiful, we just had some issues throughout our stay that were very unusual for Disney. I feel like a lot of it could be due to all of the chaos that is going on over there with the construction and everything, but who knows?

A visit to Earl of Sandwich is always great! It's not a Disney trip for us without heading over there for sure!

We had actually never been until a couple of years ago, but it's now a favorite of ours!

After our game, we walked back through the Swan to get to the bus stops. Along the way, we saw SANTA! Not just any Santa, but a Santa made entirely of chocolate!

enhance
Ah man, I really regret not getting into the Swolphin lobbies!

I hate that about your delivery! It would have been nice if someone had called back after you originally called....geez. At least it was "found".

I had forgotten about the holiday sandwich at Earl of Sandwich until right now! I have always wanted to try it and we will be there in December so I will get to. I'm so excited!!!

That chocolate display looks amazing! But holy calories!!!

following along love earl of sandwich looking forward to reading more

Oh it must have felt so great to get there, after having such an early morning!! I love the new refurbished rooms at CSR - beautiful! How frustrating about your prime delivery though!

Hi :wave2: following along. I've ready some of your other trips reports and I'm looking forward to hearing all about this one too.

Ah man, I really regret not getting into the Swolphin lobbies!

We just happened upon the display, but we were so glad we did!

I hate that about your delivery! It would have been nice if someone had called back after you originally called....geez. At least it was "found".

I had forgotten about the holiday sandwich at Earl of Sandwich until right now! I have always wanted to try it and we will be there in December so I will get to. I'm so excited!!!

That chocolate display looks amazing! But holy calories!!!

It was a long, unnecessarily complicated thing, but it did thankfully get all worked out!

The holiday turkey is there all the time, but they also had a holiday ham version that was actually holiday specific. My mom had been dreaming about that holiday turkey sandwich since May 2017!

Right?? My brain couldn't even process how much chocolate that was!

following along love earl of sandwich looking forward to reading more

Welcome aboard!

Oh it must have felt so great to get there, after having such an early morning!! I love the new refurbished rooms at CSR - beautiful! How frustrating about your prime delivery though!

It was honestly the best feeling ever! And the renovated rooms are SO nice! My parents were extra excited about the ceiling fan, too.

Hi :wave2: following along. I've ready some of your other trips reports and I'm looking forward to hearing all about this one too.

Hi! Thanks so much for joining in!

"This Is Why People Have Rage"
Day 1, Part 3: Thursday December 13, 2018

We were on a bus to MK by 4:20pm, but that wasn’t our final stop! We hopped of the bus and headed towards the walkway to the Contemporary. We did have to go through the MK bag check, but the lines weren’t bad, so it wasn’t a big deal.

We made our way down the path, talking about our plans for the rest of the night. As we got close to the Contemporary, Mom said, “I’m pretty sure that’s where something peanut butter is that I want.”

So detailed, right?:rotfl:

Once inside the Contemporary, we walked through the gift shop for a minute before walking down to look at…the gingerbread house! Or, more accurately, the gingerbread castle.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

It was so cute, and I loved looking at all the hidden Mickeys carved into the gingerbread. I did hear a CM tell someone else that it had started out taller, but at some point they had had to lower the towers because of some malfunction or something.

At this point, Mom had remembered what the “something peanut butter” was, so we made our way to the Contempo Café in search of some peanut butter pie.

enhance

Holy. Moly. Batman. This stuff was so good, but we were so glad that we shared. It is incredibly rich, but very very delicious.

enhance

Clearly, we enjoyed it!:laughing:

We actually ended up going ahead and getting our resort mugs while we were here because they had the Christmas ones, and I wanted to be sure to get one! (Dad let me have his mug, since I wasn’t officially on the DDP, and he doesn’t drink soda.)

enhance

We stashed our mugs in our bags and headed for the monorail. Next stop? The Grand Floridian! It was around 5:45 or so when we got on the monorail silver. We got off at the Grand, and wandered around the gift shop for a bit.

I think Dad had the most fun in the shop…

enhance

Then we headed downstairs, where we saw a PhotoPass photographer out in front of the tree! So we hopped in line and only waited a few minutes before it was our turn.

enhance

enhance

enhance

This photographer was very…specific with her instructions, and honestly, these pictures are super awkward. But we had a good laugh about it and went on our way.

Then it was time for the real reason we had come over here: the giant gingerbread house. You could seriously smell the gingerbread from pretty far away, and the whole thing was amazing. Mom and I both said that we had really thought there was more than one, but with the amount of work that it takes to construct something like that, I really couldn’t be surprised that there was just one! It was so fun to look at all the details, and we were glad that we had come out to see it.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

At this point, though, we were tired and hungry. We stopped in the CS place at the Grand, but nothing really stuck out to us, so we decided to wait and eat back at CSR. We went back up to the monorail and were soon on our way back to MK!

We got off there and headed straight for the busses. It was just after 7:00 when we got to the CSR stop. We waited…and waited..and waited. After about 20 minutes with no bus, Mom looks at me and says “This is why people have rage,” – this being the number of busses that had come for other resorts, but not ours. Finally, we got on a bus and were headed back to CSR.

When we got back, we went to the food court (which used to be Pepper Market, but is now called something else that I can’t remember). I got pasta with marinara sauce,
enhance

Mom got chicken alfredo,
enhance

and Dad got roasted chicken with veggies.
enhance

It was all pretty good and was just enough to tide us over for the night. We each also got a cup of soft serve ice cream for dessert.

After we were done eating, Mom went over to the front desk to see about getting refunded for the mini golf games, while Dad went to talk to Bell Services about our Amazon packages. We were able to get the refund for the mini golf, and I also got some celebration buttons for tomorrow while we were there. When we walked over to meet up with Dad, he told us that the guy had gone to get our boxes and had offered to drive us and the boxes to our room on the golf cart. Thank you very much, kind sir!:thumbsup2

This kind sir’s name was Wesley, and he was super nice and clearly loved his job. He chatted with us the whole way back to our room and helped us carry the boxes inside.

Once we were back in the room, we took showers and got ready for bed. It was just before 10:00 when I laid down to go to sleep—we had a BIG day ahead of us tomorrow!:cool1:

enhance

Last edited:
How fun going around resort hopping seeing all the holiday offerings! I love that they have Cindy's castle this year at the Contemporary (it was Frozen last I was there bleh), it's so cute and in a different spot. Love it and the Peanut Butter cake looks so YUM. I wants.

Your photos in front of the Grand tree honestly are so cute. I wouldn't know the posing was awkward at all. Like those seem like fairly normal poses. When my family was in Epcot and we got photos in front of the ball, they had us hug and pose similarly. The only awkwardness was I was sick at the time and just wanted to go to bed than take another photo lol

Your dinner at CSR is making me so hungry. Looks so so good and I didn't even realized they changed the name of their QS. I've been out of it.

Glad to hear everything got situated at the end of the night! :thumbsup2

“This is why people have rage,” – this being the number of busses that had come for other resorts, but not ours. Finally, we got on a bus and were headed back to CSR.
It's so true!

This kind sir’s name was Wesley, and he was super nice and clearly loved his job. He chatted with us the whole way back to our room and helped us carry the boxes inside.
Well, that kind of makes up for the waiting before. kind of...

The gingerbread house at GF looks amazing! I hope we get to see it this december!

So annoying about your prime delivery! Sorry, girl!

EoS and Mini-Golf sounds like the perfect afternoon!

The Contemporary gingerbread house is so cute!!! Also, I love the peanut butter pie at the Contempo, it's so yummy! :lovestruc ALSO also, those Christmas mugs with the black handle/lid are so cool! I've only seen the red ones before!

It looks like your night ended on a high note with good food and different things getting straightened out! I can't wait to read more!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter