The One Where We Go to Disney as Fiancés - A February 2023 PTR **Update 7/5****

KailaH

Earning My Ears
Hey Everyone!!!

Buckle up for what might be the longest PTR ever! My last 'failed' attempt at a PTR was in 2018. To put that into perspective, I graduated high school in 2018 and now I am graduating college! I am going to school for Hospitality Management which leads me to the next character to be feature in this PTR. *drum roll please* MY FIANCE!!!
We met while working at Disney World, and it has been a complete fairytale since the day we met. We have since moved to North Carolina to settle down and begin our lives together. Disney is where we fell in love, and I cannot wait to be back surrounded by the magic!
We obviously are HUGE Disney adults, so we are going to make this trip the best we could ever make it!
I am going to try and update 1-2 times a week! In the meantime, enjoy the first ever picture of us at AK. More introductions on us later!

We are getting so excited for this trip, and I might be going a tad crazy because we cannot even book yet! Jonah has never been to Disney World on vacation. He has always been a local, so he has only done day trips. I grew up going to Disney on family vacations since I was a very little girl. I think my first trip was around the time I was 1 year old. Fast forward to November of 2020 we met on a dating app, and we have been inseparable ever since. We were both working for Disney, so many of our dates and adventures involved the Disney Parks, so they hold a very special place in my heart. About 3-4 months ago we moved to Boone, North Carolina to try and settle down. He proposed to me about a month after moving here on the Blue Ridge Parkway which is one of my favorite spots overlooking the mountains. We have not been to Disney since mid-February of this year, so we are itching to plan a trip. Enough of me rambling.... on to the important stuff! This information is tentative, but I will update as plans become more solidified.

Intros!
Who: Me and Jonah (my fiancé)
What: Disney... DUH
When: February 11th - February 19th 2023
Where: Pop Century or a Deluxe resort if the price is right ( really want to stay on the monorail)
Why: My birthday is on Valentine's Day. I also graduate this August, so we are going to celebrate that as well.
How: We will most likely be driving as Jonah has family in Florida that we will want to visit on our off days!

Tentative Park Day Plans

February 11th
TRAVEL DAY
ADR: The Boathouse

We absolutely love this restaurant and we went on many date nights here! You have to try the filet mignon sliders.

February

12th
Park: Magic Kingdom
ADR: BOG breakfast or Crystal Palace Breakfast
Liberty Tree Tavern lunch or dinner

February 13th
BIRTHDAY ADVENTURE
ADR: Topolino Terrace breakfast

We plan on driving to Jonah's hometown and going to a restaurant called "Manny's Chophouse." This is my favorite restaurant and the perfect place for an early birthday dinner with his family.

February 14th (My Actual Birthday)
Park: Hollywood Studios
ADR: Oga's Cantina and Hoop De Doo Revue Dinner

Activities: Build a lightsaber and a Droid

February 15th
Park: Animal Kingdom
ADR: Tusker House Breakfast
Fantasmic Dining Package at Mama Melrose (if offered)
We would love to do the Wild Africa Trek, but I am not sure if that will be in the budget for this trip!

February 16th
Park: EPCOT
ADR: Space 220 or Teppan Edo Lunch
Chef's De France dinner or Garden Grill Dinner

February 17th
REST DAY
ADR: Beaches and Cream or other Resort TSR

We would love some resort restaurant
recommendations

February 18th
Park: Magic Kingdom
ADR: Chef Mickey's Breakfast

If you have any dining recommendations, please feel free to leave them as a suggestion. We are always looking for new places to try!
COUNTDOWN: 267 Days

I'm here to read about all the planning.

Congrats on your engagement and upcoming graduation.

It really is perfect that you met your love while working in Disney.

Lots of great plans so far. February is a great time to go. Being there for your birthday and Valentine's time will help enhance the Magic.

I'm here to read about all the planning.

Congrats on your engagement and upcoming graduation.

It really is perfect that you met your love while working in Disney.

Lots of great plans so far. February is a great time to go. Being there for your birthday and Valentine's time will help enhance the Magic.
Yay! :welcome:
I am so excited for him to experience all of the joys of a Disney vacation!

Major Update

We have a pretty big update! After going over our finances, we decided that we would not be able to make this trip happen. I was so upset because I was excited to go back to Disney. My fiancé could tell how upset I was about the trip. He decided that we could work out our finances and be able to go! We were out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse which is located about an hour away. During the dinner, he began to talk about how much he wishes we could make Disney happen. We talked about all of our dreams for the trip knowing it would never probably happen; however, on the way home he told me the best news ever! We were listening to the Happily Ever After Soundtrack when he turned the sound down and told me that we could book the trip. I was so excited that I almost started crying. We are unable to book the trip until Friday when we get paid, but I will update when that time comes. We have made a few changes to the trip, so I will get into that now. Also, stay tuned for mini-trip reports for my graduation in August and HHN in September.

New Tentative Plans

February 12th, 2023 (Sunday)
Travel Day to Disney World
Pop Century Preferred Room
Lunch: Fast-food or Airport
Dinner: The Boathouse

We will be meeting up with our old roommate at Disney Springs for shopping and dinner.

February 13th, 2023 (Monday)
Animal Kingdom
Breakfast: Tusker House
Lunch: Quick Service
Dinner: Hotel or at Other Park

February 14th, 2023 (Tuesday) (My Birthday)
Magic Kingdom
Breakfast: Crystal Palace
Dinner: Liberty Tree Tavern or Hoop De Doo Revue

February 15th, 2023 (Wednesday)
Epcot
Breakfast: Hotel
Lunch/Dinner: Space 220 or Teppan Edo (Thoughts?)

February 16th, 2023 (Thursday)
Hollywood Studios
Breakfast: Hotel
Lunch/Dinner: Fantasmic Dining Package
Activity: Build a Droid and Lightsaber

February 17th, 2023 (Friday)
Travel Day Back Home
Breakfast: Topolinos Terrace

That's great that you were able to keep your trip. I know what it's like to cancel a trip and it's just the worst.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter