The OfFicIal wOmen's wOrld sOccer cUp thrEAd

Apparently there is all this manufactured controversy over the score and the women celebrating each score. Even the classless disgraced Hope Solo weighed in with her opinion.

This is the World Cup, the top of the game for the women who make far less than the men, but that is for another thread. Alex Morgan hit five goals in a World Cup match!

I bet if you go back and watch the 2007 World cup game where Germany defeated Argentina 11-Nil, they did just as much celebrating.

Good for them celebrating every goal. This is not rec or high school with a mercy rule. In the groups, points matter! The US had no control over group placement or that the #1 team would be playing the #34 team!

It was hardly a spectacle! It was a goal in the World Cup. Good for them!

If you want to talk controversy, talk about the way Neymar rolls around the field when he gets a splinter!

The closest equivalent I can think of in terms of men's sports would be when the US Men's National Basketball team plays a team like Nigeria and would win by like 70 points. It's somewhat unavoidable, but no less cringe-worthy, especially when they're alley-oop'ing and doing stuff like that late into the game. You can only do so much sometime to not totally blowout teams you're clearly superior too and intentionally not trying to score would be equally as embarrassing to your opponent, but after awhile, it gets to a point where the celebrations should really be more subdued, I agree.

I see the exact same level of enthusiasm throughout the game. The Germans didn’t let up and neither did the USNWT.

Both celebrations were consistent throughout the game!

No one is questioning the number of goals.

If you think the goal celebrations on that clip were the same as the celebrations from some of the US players the other day, I don't know what you are watching.

Sorry, what did you mean in quote below?
The German team had the same level of enthusiasm from their first goal to the 11th. It never went down. Heck the only one that should be complaining is the team from Thailand and I seriously doubt the chatter is coming from them.

The German team had the same level of enthusiasm from their first goal to the 11th. It never went down. Heck the only one that should be complaining is the team from Thailand and I seriously doubt the chatter is coming from them.

True but the level of celebration was never over-the-top.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter