The Official What's For Dinner thread:Thursday 1-24-08? Recipe finder in OP. Enjoy! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Janice, thanks for the words of encouragement!

Wendie, So nice to hear from you!!! I wish you the best and feel really bad that you are having such a long recovery, etc. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Kathy, I LOVE Paula Deen. I would really like to get tickets for her show and go to her restaurant...someday. She is crazy like me...maybe all of us!!! ;) We should plan a WFD trip! :yay:

I am not sure what is for dinner...maybe left over lasagna or we may go to Applebees and a movie. I really want to see We Own the Night...nothing like Mark Wahlberg and Joaquin Phoenix (drool).

It's a HUGE football day here. So, I'm doing chili in the crockpot to top off some nachos. I'm hoping for something similar to the nachos at ESPN Club, which is where I wish I could be.

Wendie So good to hear from you! I'm so sorry about how difficult this has been for you. I've been praying for you and think of you often. I wish I could do something for you and if I lived closer you know I would have brought dinner by.

Lauren I don't think Paula would ever recover if we did a WFD trip to one of our shows. I'm sure we are all much crazier than she is. But what fun that would be! One day we are going to have to all plan a trip somewhere.

Melanie I'll certainly be pulling for your GA bulldogs today. I think most S. Carolina fans will be.

I made brunch this morning - pecan pie french toast. Tonight will be an early dinner out with my parents. I'm not really sure where we are going because I told my Dad to choose.

Dinner tonight is another party - this time, I'm just going as a guest! =) It's a "Texas" party so I'm thinking bbq will be on the menu. Band, dancing, drinks... should be fun! IF I can find something to wear ;)

DH is painting his office right now and I'm supposed to be working... I want to do some shopping but I have a work deadline to make so I'm having an internal struggle. I have a Limited coupon I really want to spend.

I made brunch this morning - pecan pie french toast. Tonight will be an early dinner out with my parents. I'm not really sure where we are going because I told my Dad to choose.

Ok, I really have to have that recipe!!! That sounds scrumptious!!!

Kathy, I LOVE Paula Deen. I would really like to get tickets for her show and go to her restaurant...someday. She is crazy like me...maybe all of us!!! ;) We should plan a WFD trip! :yay:

I am not sure what is for dinner...maybe left over lasagna or we may go to Applebees and a movie. I really want to see We Own the Night...nothing like Mark Wahlberg and Joaquin Phoenix (drool).

I think Gretchen is right, I'm not sure Paula could handle us but dang that sounds like soooooo much fun!!!!!

WENDIE - :dance3: :dance3: I'm so happy you're back, I missed you terribly!! Not sure if Kris told you but I told him if I were closer I'd have been there to lend a hand doing whatever the guys needed. THANK YOU for the kind supportive words, I'm on day 11, doing fairly well.

My internet and cable have been out all morning so I got busy in the kitchen and made a big pot of Chicken Andouille Gumbo, potato salad and baked a pumpkin pie. Smells so good!!

To all of my WFD friends - You guys have been a great support for me this past week. I'm asking for a special little prayer to get me through tomorrow. It's the 2nd anniversary of my Dad's death and I can already feel the blues heading in my direction.:sad1:

Kathy Try and stay busy. On my Dad's anniversery my StepMom and I went to a local arborteum and out to lunch. It was a good diversion for us and wiped us out. :hug: Now I go to WDW in May except this yeart of course.

That pecan pie french toast sounds soooo good. I love french toast.

I have to finish someone's dinner then of to Tastefully Simple :woohoo: I love to snack.:dance3:

Just posting quickly - I may be without internet until Monday unless a new modem does the trick.:headache:

Glynis and Janice this is the french toast recipe. You can obviously play around with the bread choice. It isn't the fanciest baked french toast I've ever made, but my pickiest eater likes it and sometimes that is good enough. And, to be honest, I love french toast too so I enjoy making it different ways.

Pecan Pie French Toast

12 slices bread (can use cinnamon, white, wheat, etc)
2 eggs
1 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 stick butter
½ cup brown sugar
Cinnamon (if you don’t use cinnamon bread)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Put butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan and heat just to boiling, stirring to combine as butter melts. After the mixture reaches boiling, stir in pecans and remove from heat.

Mix eggs, milk and vanilla in a bowl. Dip half of bread in mixture and place on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon if you didn’t use cinnamon bread. Place a spoonful of the filling on the bread. Dip the remaining bread in egg mixture and make a sandwich with the other bread on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon.

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes until toasted.

I sprinkle mine with powered sugar, but if you want it more moist or sweet, you can top with syrup.

We are going to my mom's house for dinner. She is making Swiss chicken. a few sides, and pineapple gooey butter cake. Mmmmmmmm!

WFD at your house?

My Mom is making us a chicken dinner and bringing it over... we had Nana's funeral yesterday and today is "decompression" day... everybody just needs to have a day to regroup, relax and rejuvenate. I think I'll go buy a couple of fish for our aquarium- big fat fancy goldfish. Other than that... no plans.

Kathy, I hope you are able to get on the internet. I am so proud of you...keep up the good work. Extra hugs for you today. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

You guys are right. We would probably have Paula Deen speechless!

Kathy
I have to finish someone's dinner then of to Tastefully Simple :woohoo: I love to snack.:dance3:

I LOVE tastefully simple!!!

Pecan Pie French Toast

Yummo!

My Mom is making us a chicken dinner and bringing it over... we had Nana's funeral yesterday and today is "decompression" day... everybody just needs to have a day to regroup, relax and rejuvenate. I think I'll go buy a couple of fish for our aquarium- big fat fancy goldfish. Other than that... no plans.

:hug: :hug: :hug: I just bought another goldfish not too long ago. These guys are so pretty. He/She (I can't tell the sex in goldfish) is already so big. One of my mollies just had 2 babies...they are so cute...and my guppy is preggers...

Well, my new bathroom turned into a new laundry room and family room too. While Tom is doing all this work, he has found some things that he was not too happy about (they did alot of things wrong) so he is fixing an making walls stronger. Hopefully by Xmas he will be done.

We didn't go out yesterday so we had chinese take out. Tonight I will make grilled chicken and salad. We have been over doing it this weekend.

Have a great day all!

Kathy Try and stay busy. On my Dad's anniversery my StepMom and I went to a local arborteum and out to lunch. It was a good diversion for us and wiped us out. :hug: Now I go to WDW in May except this yeart of course.

Thanks Janice, Ive got a busy day planned for after Mass and visit to cemetary.

My guys have requested Spaghetti Bolognese, which they love, and I like it because it's lighter than a traditional sauce. We'll have roasted asparagus with it.

Catching up here. Friday night we had mangotinis:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2037/1791262416_57bf9039bb.jpg

and I made a dinner of goat cheese stuffed chicken, mashed potatoes, and spinach. The photo looked ooky though so no picture.

Yesterday we went to Caili's skating competition. She did awesome! Second place in stroking, and first place in her individual rountine! She's really getting good. Here is a photo of her with one of her medals:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2134/1791253498_38b63a26ba.jpg

And here is a photo of her with Laura, so you can see more of the dress:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2308/1790413369_8b6c750b9c.jpg

After skating we all came back here and had turkey pot pie:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2149/1791263106_99b955bc70.jpg

and a big salad (no photo).

Today is my brother's birthday, so he got to pick the menu. It's going to be roast beef and gravy, asparagus, eggplant sticks, roasted potatoes, and chocolate cake. I am making myself some kind of chicken since I don't eat red meat.

GO RED SOX!!

Hi Y'all,

I'm home. Ugh, real life is not fun! Mario has done a good job of keeping things clean, but there was a fine coat of dust all over everything in the house! I had to come in & dust & vacuum before even unloading the car last night! Man, that just sucks away all the magic really too quickly.:sad1:

We did have a great trip! So much food & drinks & drinks! Especially a lot of drinks when we met up with our NOLA crew! What a good time that was! I haven't loaded in the pics yet. Lori will probably post some before I get to do it, I still have tons of laundry & dust removal to do!

Our WFDT friends came up a lot in our conversations with the NOLA crew, especially Becky's food & her Sox! Sox fans were everywhere in DW!

What did I miss here? Anything I should go back to check out when I'm caught up around here?

I saw Cailli's medal & cute pic! :thumbsup2 :cutie:

Lauren, Did you post any remodeling pics I need to go back to see?

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Sheryl

Becky - Great pics, especially the one of Laura & Caili. She looks beautiful and how proud of her you all must have been!!

Welcome back Sheryl , sounds like y'all had a great time. Did you get to meet up with Brenda & Jay?

This is such a cool thread!:thumbsup2 Thank you Lindsay for keeping it up. I've been in such a cookng rut lately and this thread is going to help me snap out of it. :)

Just stopping in quick while dinner is cooking. Jeff fixed whatever I did and I am back! He has something that stops those bugs cold, but I did not know and worried.

I see we have had some new friends here and I will welcome them properly tomorrow.

Glad you're back, Sheryl!

Good to see you here again Wendie!

Dinner tonight is pork chops and baked potatoes, carrots in sprite then in finished in honey and butter, steamed broccoli, garlic bread and salad.

Tonight we are having a Pork tenderloin, potatoes and a salad

Sheryl Glad your back. It sounds like you had lots of fun.

Nancy Glad your computer thing was minor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter