*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Posting the same thing from the main GF thread:

@EpcotPhoenician and @GADisneyDad14 shared on the Poly thread that the walking path between Poly and GF is closed today and a fence is going up

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...t-information-questions.3844688/post-64310507

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...t-information-questions.3844688/post-64311078
Guess I’ll have to take the boat or the monorail to visit Captain Cook’s QS when I’m there in 70 days. Oh well, I do like boat rides.

We checked in yesterday and the CM at the main lobby said she moved our room to be further from the construction. We got a 5th floor pool view with big vaulted ceilings. So pretty!

One thing missing that I was looking forward to for my first GF stay tho, no slippers? Or was that always just the resort rooms not DVC?

We checked in yesterday and the CM at the main lobby said she moved our room to be further from the construction. We got a 5th floor pool view with big vaulted ceilings. So pretty!

One thing missing that I was looking forward to for my first GF stay tho, no slippers? Or was that always just the resort rooms not DVC?

They haven’t had the slippers on a long time and removed during Covid. But they were in the DVC rooms before thst.

Hello everyone. We just returned from our September Trip (Sept 10-16). We stayed one night at the new VGF Resort Studios, in room 9211 (Lagoon View). We have a full week coming in December with a Theme Park view. We really liked the theming of the new rooms. There was both a Single Kurig Coffee Maker, and a Microwave in our room. We had a great view of the lake, Poly and VGF DVC building. There was some noise, but nothing more than what we hear at other resorts. All in all, we loved this resort and we are excited to stay for a full week in 75 days.

IMG_3559.jpg

ED2500D7-F576-4B78-A493-97315923A1D6.JPG

Polynesian Village to Grand Floridian Walkway Modifications Imminent as DVC Tower Construction Expands

When talking with the front desk, Cast Members told us that a new pathway is being constructed that will run along Floridian Way. This new walkway will ensure that guests can still walk to Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and beyond should they want to. Cast Members did not know when the new walkway would open, but we’d imagine it will be days, not weeks. The new walkway can be seen in the digital map screenshot below, running alongside Floridian Way (yellow).

Here’s a look at the area from onboard the monorail. The walkway will run on the other side of the far wall and go around the construction site.

Grand Floridian Construction Update - September 2022

Roofing is complete on about half of the building, including the section closest to Big Pine Key. However it is still surrounded by scaffolding as work continues on the exterior.

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

The center part of Boca Chica is completely surrounded by scaffolding.

Significant work is under way on Boca Chica's northernmost stairwell. This is the part of the building furthest from Big Pine Key, but the sounds of construction tools are prone to carry across the pool courtyard.

Restaurant Narcoossee (below) is also closed and surrounded by walls, however there were no signs of active work on that facility. It seems unlikely that Narcoossee will reopen before Boca Chica returns to service.

Boca Chica's exterior is also covered by scaffolding along the shores of the Seven Seas Lagoon, while sections where the roof is being replaced are evident,

Crews have been working on the Boca Chicabuilding since June when Big Pine Key reopened. No word on exactly how long it will take to complete. However it is expected that the other three buildings--Conch Key, Sugarloaf and Sago Cay--will also be renovated, along with extensive work on the main building and lobby.

Funny, I saw that hotel on a TikTok and had to do a triple take!!!!! Looks just like The Grand!! Have fun!!!
Well, since this one was built in 1888, I’ll agree The Grand looks like IT… LOL. Will definitely have fun!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter