*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Is there a breakdown of how many of new Resort Studios are in each category of standard, lagoon and theme park rooms? I have searched but wasn't able to find it.

Is there a breakdown of how many of new Resort Studios are in each category of standard, lagoon and theme park rooms? I have searched but wasn't able to find it.

There are 28 resort studios on the end, 7 on each floor. Those are the theme park view rooms.

The remaining 174 rooms are divided evenly between standard and lagoon, I believe.
The 87 on the south side facing the lagoon, and the 87 on the north side facing the pool/Boca Chica building.

Theme Park View Rooms
1662859263006.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello! We are excited to have found a last minute deluxe studio lagoon view for a night. We just want to experience the best of our view, have wine, cheese etc. No parks etc. I saw a picture of a lagoon view on FB that had a solid wall balcony!??? Does anyone know how many of these solid balcony rooms there are? I hate to splurge on the lake view points and stand up for 4 hours having our drinks..

TIA! :flower3:
Hello, we were given this room in early August. I posted pictures on this thread (room 9517). I think there is only one room. I called and had a different room in a few minutes. We loved the lagoon view! Have a great trip.

Do the standard view rooms also have balconies?

There are some rooms in the resort thst do no but I think it’s a mix of room types? Not sure.

But I do know at least some..if not many or all.. have them as we stayed and both the rooms did.

Do the standard view rooms also have balconies?
In the original VGF building yes they do.
I believe in the new BPK building there are a couple of resort studios w/out balconies but I’m not sure which views those studios are.

We just spent 4 days in a new resort studio and thought the room was amazing! Yes, the soundproofing could be improved but nothing too bad, didnt affect our sleep at all! We had a standard view on floor 3 and requested a room at the pool end as didnt want to be looking onto the Boca Chica construction zone.
I think our room was 9304.
We are new DVC owners and are sooo happy we chose VGF as our home resort. ☀️

Attachments

• D6DB4A2E-9E3B-43D8-8F44-052FE6A133EC.jpeg
    D6DB4A2E-9E3B-43D8-8F44-052FE6A133EC.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 85
In the original VGF building yes they do.
I believe in the new BPK building there are a couple of resort studios w/out balconies but I’m not sure which views those studios are.

There are 4 studios (all standard view) in the entire building that have a sitting room (we had one; it was huge and gorgeous!) with an extra TV and coffee table instead of balcony. These are in the center of the building facing the pool, and even though we normally are balcony people, these rooms are amazing and worth the lack of balcony if you're lucky enough to get one :-)

There are 4 studios (all standard view) in the entire building that have a sitting room (we had one; it was huge and gorgeous!) with an extra TV and coffee table instead of balcony. These are in the center of the building facing the pool, and even though we normally are balcony people, these rooms are amazing and worth the lack of balcony if you're lucky enough to get one :-)
I’m calling those the turret studios 😊, I’m curious what floor your turret studio was on. I think I read that the turret studios on floors 2-4 might have balconies, but the one on floor 5 does not, so if yours was on a lower floor that’ll confirm that none of the turret studios have balconies. I believe there’s a couple of more regular sized resort studios w/out balconies as well.

I’m calling those the turret studios 😊, I’m curious what floor your turret studio was on. I think I read that the turret studios on floors 2-4 might have balconies, but the one on floor 5 does not, so if yours was on a lower floor that’ll confirm that none of the turret studios have balconies. I believe there’s a couple of more regular sized resort studios w/out balconies as well.
We were on the 5th floor. It didn't look like any of the turret rooms below us had balconies either. I *think* our room ended with -04, but I'm not positive. We were at the top of the "turret" below.

1663070822603.png

I believe the balconies to the left of the turret would be for those rooms. No?
If you look at the wall behind the balconies to the left of the turret studios on floors 2, 3, & 4 there is no sliding glass door - it’s solid wall, my theory is that those balconies are accessed by the turret rooms next to them. Hopefully someone will get lucky & stay in one of them & report back, not sure why I’m so curious since the chance of getting one of those studios is pretty slim :)

If you look at the wall behind the balconies to the left of the turret studios on floors 2, 3, & 4 there is no sliding glass door - it’s solid wall, my theory is that those balconies are accessed by the turret rooms next to them. Hopefully someone will get lucky & stay in one of them & report back, not sure why I’m so curious since the chance of getting one of those studios is pretty slim :)
That's what I am thinking as well.

Nope! We were definitely in a turret room an definitely didn't have a balcony.
On the 5th floor though. There is no adjacent balcony up there.

FREE Games and Coloring Activities for Kids at The Garden View Lounge

Not only was a live pianist playing Disney tunes to set the mood, but The Garden Lounge (home to the former tea parties), was open. Guests were invited to come and participate in some complimentary activities!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b-300x225.jpg

A large variety of character coloring sheets were available for kids to pick up and work on. While coloring needed little instruction, the variety of games were a bit different. While anyone is welcome to pick out any game to play, a Cast Member was on hand to help kids navigate the differing rules of each game.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_8-300x225.jpg

The activities Cast Member was busy engaging with young guests when we visited, while parents were able to leisurely relax and keep watch at the tables nearby.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a-300x225.jpg

The Garden View Lounge often offers these types of activities in the evenings, so be sure to stop by the next time your family visit the Grand Floridian- anyone is welcome to participate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter