*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Anyone have suggestions on room locations for 2 bedroom lake view? I don’t see how any view is better than another. I would rather have standard but there was none available.. I am going to add we do not want handicap room. We had one at riveria and do not want one ever again!
Piggybacking on this, our wait list for two bedroom standard view (originally booked lake view) just came through at some point yesterday so I would appreciate any room location suggestions for that.

Edited to add: never mind. Thank you @mrsap for your link!

Anyone have suggestions on room locations for 2 bedroom lake view? I don’t see how any view is better than another. I would rather have standard but there was none available.. I am going to add we do not want handicap room. We had one at riveria and do not want one ever again!
These are from the third floor lake view I think it was 1306. 559359559363559364

Last edited:
Looking for suggestions:
Have a reservation booked for September - Some plans changed that will now allow us to go in later October (allowing us to be there for the 50th celebrations).
I can borrow 12 more points and be in compliance with the 50% borrow rule. I need 14 more points to make the reservation adjustment. Any thoughts on how one would get access to another 2 points?

Looking for suggestions:
Have a reservation booked for September - Some plans changed that will now allow us to go in later October (allowing us to be there for the 50th celebrations).
I can borrow 12 more points and be in compliance with the 50% borrow rule. I need 14 more points to make the reservation adjustment. Any thoughts on how one would get access to another 2 points?
You can buy one time use points.

Looking for suggestions:
You are past the 7 month mark so, you can buy up to 24 OTU (one time use) points. I think it is $19/point still.

I will have to wait another 3 weeks or so for the one time use points to work (7 months out). Is there a way to “waitlist” or something or the sort?
Are you willing to book what you can and then take your chances on the one missing night at the 7 month window? Or can you do two separate reservations with that one missing night being in a smaller size unit while you wait for the 7 month window?

Are you willing to book what you can and then take your chances on the one missing night at the 7 month window? Or can you do two separate reservations with that one missing night being in a smaller size unit while you wait for the 7 month window?

That's a great idea, Didn't think of that. Unfortunately if I pull an extra night off in October Ill have some stranded borrowed points that become an issue next year. Looks like ill have to wait till the 7 mo window and cross my fingers its available.

Thanks all!

Finally closed on our VGF contract yesterday! Heading down in mid-April (on a cash reservation). If I am staying on a cash reservation, will we still need to pay for parking, or can we park for free since we are now members at our home resort?

Finally closed on our VGF contract yesterday! Heading down in mid-April (on a cash reservation). If I am staying on a cash reservation, will we still need to pay for parking, or can we park for free since we are now members at our home resort?

:welcome: and congrats!!! So exciting! I’ll be happy to add you to Page 1!

As far as paid parking goes, here’s the full explanation...

Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying in a Disney Vacation Club Deluxe Villa at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney's Vero Beach Resort or Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, regardless of whether they use Vacation Points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using Reservation Points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

A Member who chooses not to use Reservation Points for their stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel in an accommodation other than a DVC Deluxe Villa will be charged for standard overnight self-parking.

Disney Vacation Club Members who wish to shop, dine or enjoy activities for the day at a Disney Resort hotel are not subject to the overnight self-parking fee. Charges for valet parking will still apply.

I do believe you will still need to pay for parking. Free parking is tied to the DVC reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter