*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Any new members/owners at VGF receive a “Welcome Home” at VGF? I was told that VGF owners don’t get a “welcome Home” as it’s the one resort that doesn’t offer it.
just curious if its possible or if it’s a no.

Part of the reason that getting your first trip at VGF is tough is because it was an existing resort expanded and all rooms have been declared into the condo association.

That means all rooms are available for booking for current owners, They don’t have the extra rooms like they do at new resorts, like RIV, which still has rooms not yet declared that can be used for those welcome home stays.

But, you would still be able to get assistance for your first booking, even if it is at another resort, as long as you are booking that trip 7 months or less.

Part of the reason that getting your first trip at VGF is tough is because it was an existing resort expanded and all rooms have been declared into the condo association.

That means all rooms are available for booking for current owners, They don’t have the extra rooms like they do at new resorts, like RIV, which still has rooms not yet declared that can be used for those welcome home stays.

But, you would still be able to get assistance for your first booking, even if it is at another resort, as long as you are booking that trip 7 months or less.
Thank you, that was very helpful!

Mary Poppins Retheme Extends to Regular Guest Rooms at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

The Boca Chica building has reopened after a multi-month refurbishment, and while Boca Chica will not be absorbed into the Disney Vacation Club offering at Grand Floridian, it did receive the same Mary Poppins retheme of the rooms and common areas. We stopped by Grand Floridian today to take a look at the newly reopened building!

Cast Members told us that the rooms received the same retheme as the DVC rooms in Big Pine, minus the typical amenities that DVC would have over a standard guest room. Cast Members also indicated that all of the rooms at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa would eventually receive the “Mary Poppins” retheme. Cast Members were not sure which building would be next to close for refurbishment, and the Disney World website does not list an end date for the overhaul project.

Any new members/owners at VGF receive a “Welcome Home” at VGF? I was told that VGF owners don’t get a “welcome Home” as it’s the one resort that doesn’t offer it.
just curious if its possible or if it’s a no.
Forgive my ignorance but what is this "Welcome Home"? We are new owners, and have our first stay booked at VGF but it's not until late spring next year - I'm assuming "Welcome Home" is your first stay and ensuring it's at your home resort? Again, forgive my ignorance - still learning all the lingo!

I’m late to the Coronado love party but if anyone is visiting that area and looking for a lovely meal, I highly recommend Chez Loma. Great French food, my favourite restaurant of all time. Wish it wasn’t so far from Toronto.

Does anyone happen to know if you can request a roll of paper towels from Housekeeping for the Resort studio room? Heading down next week and read somewhere that they aren’t in the room so wondering if I actually need to pack them!

Forgive my ignorance but what is this "Welcome Home"? We are new owners, and have our first stay booked at VGF but it's not until late spring next year - I'm assuming "Welcome Home" is your first stay and ensuring it's at your home resort? Again, forgive my ignorance - still learning all the lingo!

The Welcome Home stay is an incentive program where they help brand new purchasers to book their 1st trip if they want to travel less than 7 months from the time of purchase when there might be little or no inventory available. DVC can pull back some of their own inventory. It won't necessarily be at your home resort nor even 2nd or 3rd choice but often they can find something. Not guaranteed however. It is no longer an option on the table once you have booked any stays.
This usually is information provided in your purchase packet. Or at least used to be.

Hi. Pretty sure the answer is not any more, but I read on page one of this awesome thread that evening turndown service was included with the resort studios. That isn't any longer correct? We have an upcoming resort studio stay in 2023 and that sounds amazing, but I'm assuming it ended with the pandemic. So looking forward to staying at the new resort studios regardless! Thanks.

Hi. Pretty sure the answer is not any more, but I read on page one of this awesome thread that evening turndown service was included with the resort studios. That isn't any longer correct? We have an upcoming resort studio stay in 2023 and that sounds amazing, but I'm assuming it ended with the pandemic. So looking forward to staying at the new resort studios regardless! Thanks.
Back when BPK was part of the regular resort, it was included. However, DVC members do not get turndown service.

Really? It states that on page 1? The resort studios only opened in June so shouldn't be any mention pre-pandemic. (Yep - there it is on page 1. That would not be the case though)

No WDW DVC rooms other than AKV Jambo concierge rooms have received turn down services. I don't know if that has come back to those rooms although I'm guessing not since that's the way it happens these days - gone, never to return if they can keep it gone.

Really? It states that on page 1? The resort studios only opened in June so shouldn't be any mention pre-pandemic. (Yep - there it is on page 1. That would not be the case though)

No WDW DVC rooms other than AKV Jambo concierge rooms have received turn down services. I don't know if that has come back to those rooms although I'm guessing not since that's the way it happens these days - gone, never to return if they can keep it gone.
I copied and pasted from the website, and it still does state that it’s part of the amenities to this day!! But I know it’s not the case. Removed it. I’m wondering if it was never changed from when it was BPK Resort Rooms, as it does not mention any of the DVC amenities, such as a microwave? 🤔

1665596580839.png

I copied and pasted from the website, and it still does state that it’s part of the amenities to this day!! But I know it’s not the case. Removed it. I’m wondering if it was never changed from when it was BPK Resort Rooms, as it does not mention any of the DVC amenities, such as a microwave? 🤔

View attachment 710331
That's probably all someone did when it changed - used the same text from when it was pre-DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter