*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

We normally drink a variety of drinks so washing happens. Never thought of bar soap but still, having the dish soap and sponge, plus paper towels is something one gets used to having after staying DVC.
Shows how antique I am. And, my family typically stayed in kitchen-equipped motels when I was a kid.

Some of those provided a box of Ivory soap flakes for dishwashing as this was before Ivory came out with liquid dish detergent.

Many of the rooms also had small Ivory soap bars. In a pinch, Mom would rub a bit inside the cup or glass and add water to wash it. Same soap, different form.
Little things, but definitely something to plan for if staying here if one is used to a normal studio.
Yes, when it's been some time since you've stayed in a Disney regular room and are accustomed to the kitchenettes or full kitchens, it's easy to lose that "fake it" mentality.

They did have real mugs…two of them…and real glasses…4 of them.
The drawer also included some paper plates, bowls, and plastic wrapped silverware like the other studios.

But no other normal kitchenette items. Like dish soap and such because it doesn’t have one. The coffee pot is the single cup so they don’t need washing, but I dirtied a few wash cloths when I did indeed spill the coffee.

Not sure how to wash out the cups and mugs…??? Honestly, for anyone who is used to some things in the deluxe studio, it may take planning when going to these.

I am sure some will enjoy them but it was definitely a one and done for me.
That's kind of how I feel about it. We love VGF1 studios and 1BR's. Probably going to be using our points for VGF points for SAP if we have trouble getting into the original building.
We're going in September so I will try to take a look for myself if they will have a model available.

We just stayed in a vaulted room and the layout was different and a little disappointing. Standard Resort Studio Room #9528 (I thought I took photos but I can’t find them now.) The room was still beautiful! The entry was tight and narrow and the desk was connected to the dresser and didn’t have the mirror. We were only there for two nights so it wasn’t a huge deal, but having 3 daughters I was counting on that area for my teenager to be able to do her hair and makeup. We didn’t have any issues with noise inside the room. (I heard the walls were thin. Our room was NOT a connecting room.)
They were having a DVC Castmember party our first night and the music from it was so loud at the quiet pool. This was our night to enjoy the pool and watch the fireworks. We ended up walking to the dock to watch instead. 💕 🎆 🏰
Then, the next morning (our morning to sleep in) we were awakened at 7 am by them roofing Boca Chica. We were in the room closest to it and they were roofing the end section closest to us. 😔
We were able to enjoy Moonlight Magic at AK our second night. It was little crazy in the beginning with cast members not really knowing what was going on as far as the popcorn buckets, snack certificates, and complimentary ice cream (at least at the few places we tried). However, by the time the party actually started, everything seemed pretty smooth. We really enjoyed the evening! We were able to ride Expedition Everest 3x and Flight of Passage and Navi River Journey once. The bus situation back to VGF was also a little disappointing. At the end of the night, we waited over 20 minutes for a bus and the line was so long that the people in front of us made it on but we did not. We definitely had the longest line as I looked around. I think maybe because VGF and PVB share a bus. 🤷‍♀️ Another bus came about 5 minutes later though and we had seats this way, so it was definitely worth waiting.
While our experience with VGF had its ups and downs, we all agreed that the room, hallways, and lobby were absolutely beautiful and we’re glad we stayed there! We loved how close the rooms were to the elevator and how close it was to the main building (although when it was raining, we did miss the covered walkway). As a family of 5, we prefer more space, but I wanted to try the the new rooms. In the future, we would probably book connecting rooms or stay in a larger villa in the original building. While we use all of the sleeping areas, the room did seem smaller than BCV (which we switched to after.). I was concerned after staying at VGF, we would be disappointed in the “tired” smaller studios at BCV. (We had only stayed in a 2 bedroom there previously.) The room had a lot more space in the entry (so much so that one of my girls slept on a twin size air mattress in that area so she didn’t have to share a bed with one of her sisters).
Our view from BCV wasn’t much better (we faced a road) than VGF, but it was quieter as there wasn’t any construction. I know someone has to get these rooms and we weren’t there long enough that we really used the balcony anyway. So again, not a big deal. Once again, we were close to the elevator which is nice when we were schlepping our bags back and forth to the car. This was a last minute trip (booked about 40 days out) that I was able to piece together by stalking the site, so I was happy that we were able to stay and make it work. (I did NOT make any room requests, so that may have been the reason that we had these views and rooms. Since I pieced the rooms together, I had to wait for Member Services to link them. I called three different times waiting about a week between each before they were able to just link them while I was on the phone since I was within 5 days at that point.) I never could get our 3rd night at VGF and our last two nights became available at BCV around the 7 day mark, so we decided to just switch so as not to have to move 3 times. My entire family enjoyed VGF. It was the first time all 5 of us had stayed there. (I had stayed previously with my oldest.) They even asked if we could just stay and not switch to BCV which says a lot because they LOVE Stormalong Bay.
We have now stayed at PVB, VGF2, and BCV in studios in the past year and think they all have their pros and cons, but would gladly stay in any of them again. (I have been saving our points for the VGF Grand Villa in December! I can’t wait to surprise my girls and nephew! It will be his first trip and is only a few days before his 7th birthday! 🥳 )
I think trips are what you make them. We can focus on the negatives or the positives! Owning DVC has made it easier for me to know that we will be back and not feel like everything has to be perfect. I prefer to be Pollyanna and be thankful we were able to go and enjoy our time together as a family!! I can’t wait for December! 🎄

Returned on 7/23 and stayed in one of the Resort Studios, room 9125. Seemed more spacious than the regular studios and of course, fresh and clean. The construction was unobtrusive and we didn’t notice any excessive noise.

The CM's were good and resort was spotless. We spent most of our time at the Pools and in a Cabana.
IMG_0803.jpgIMG_0799.jpg

Returned on 7/23 and stayed in one of the Resort Studios, room 9125. Seemed more spacious than the regular studios and of course, fresh and clean. The construction was unobtrusive and we didn’t notice any excessive noise.

The CM's were good and resort was spotless. We spent most of our time at the Pools and in a Cabana.
View attachment 689777View attachment 689778
They are more spacious - 447 sq. ft. in the resort studios v. 374 sq. ft. in the original deluxe studios.
Thanks for mentioning this, I’ve read a lot of resort studio bashing v. deluxe studios & no one’s mentioned the size difference. I’ve wondered if that was due to the layout or having 2 beds making the resort studios seem the same size as the deluxe studios or if the resort studio naysayers haven’t actually stayed in deluxe studios & can’t compare, so it‘s nice to have the perspective of someone who’s enjoyed both types.

Last edited:
They are more spacious - 447 sq. ft. in the resort studios v. 374 sq. ft. in the original deluxe studios.
Thanks for mentioning this, I’ve read a lot of resort studio bashing v. deluxe studios & no one’s mentioned the size difference. I’ve wondered if that was due to the layout or having 2 beds making the resort studios seem the same size as the deluxe studios or if the resort studio naysayers haven’t actually stayed in deluxe studios & can’t compare, so it‘s nice to have the perspective of someone who’s enjoyed both types.

Yes, the biggest space distinction we noticed was the space around the beds. In the Regular Studios the bed was uncomfortably close to the wall. We're normally in a 1BR or a GV when it's all 12 of us so I've not stayed in the VGF studios that often.

We just returned from GF 2. We were assigned to room 9517- 5th Floor -Lagoon View (picture attached). We requested a different room due to the lack of a balcony. We moved to the 2nd floor (9225) and had a great experience. We requested and received a toaster, bowls, and wine glasses. We loved how close we were to the main lobby and pools. IMG_7301.jpegIMG_7304.jpeg

Hi all,

Looking for Resort Studio room suggestions for an October trip. Standard View, would love: pool view, not ground level or too close to lobby noise, and also a full balcony. We usually get Boardwalk view at BWV so I’m a bit spoiled ☺️ . I don’t need exact room numbers but if I could get a range of room numbers or best way to request this with member services I would be most grateful! I’ve tried touring plans images but am just not familiar enough with the building.

Many thanks!

We just returned from GF 2. We were assigned to room 9517- 5th Floor -Lagoon View (picture attached). We requested a different room due to the lack of a balcony. We moved to the 2nd floor (9225) and had a great experience. We requested and received a toaster, bowls, and wine glasses. We loved how close we were to the main lobby and pools. View attachment 691121View attachment 691122
Yikes! That is a very weird looking sofa. If I get that instead of a balcony I will be greatly disappointed!

Yikes! That is a very weird looking sofa. If I get that instead of a balcony I will be greatly disappointed!
Me too - if I care enough about the view to pay the extra points for Lagoon View then I’m going to want to enjoy said view from a comfortable spot rather than craning my head sideways as I sit on an uncomfortable looking sofa w/ my back to the view 😠.
They need to reclassify the non balcony studios, maybe they could call them ‘substandard views’ and offset them by charging more for the larger turret studios 😆.

View attachment 689777View attachment 689778
Is this ground floor, lagoon view?

It was mentioned by a PP you will not get paper towels in BPK… although they were not in our room upon arrival, if you request them, they will bring them to you! 🙂
As a repeat cash stay person at GF (spending way too much for club level and TP view rooms), looking into DVC, being scared by the cost and commitment, seeing a post about requesting paper towels has me genuinely confused. I don't understand DVC. I have no meaning to this post other then I just don't understand it...yet.

As a repeat cash stay person at GF (spending way too much for club level and TP view rooms), looking into DVC, being scared by the cost and commitment, seeing a post about requesting paper towels has me genuinely confused. I don't understand DVC. I have no meaning to this post other then I just don't understand it...yet.
There is no kitchenette in the BPK building… so a sponge, dish soap and paper towels were not a standard issue for this room. However, when I asked for paper towels, they also provided a sponge and dish soap, although I did not request it.

That's kind of how I feel about it. We love VGF1 studios and 1BR's. Probably going to be using our points for VGF points for SAP if we have trouble getting into the original building.
We're going in September so I will try to take a look for myself if they will have a model available.
I don’t have many VGF points, but I agree they will be SAP if I can’t get into the original building. Now, I am happy to say that we have a one bedroom for our December weekend stay, and just a short one night Easter stay to see the Easter Eggs.

I don’t like the pool, not large or deep enough for my tastes, so, I never expected long VGF stays, but I have been pleased so far. We also enjoy Kona for breakfast, and that’s a quick ECV ride over.

It was mentioned by a PP you will not get paper towels in BPK… although they were not in our room upon arrival, if you request them, they will bring them to you! They also gave me a sponge and dish soap. 🙂

View attachment 691595

Good to know they can get them. But it doesn’t help when you spill something and need them only to realize they are not there! LOL

Maybe they should prepare little kits with those things and put in the rooms!

I don’t have many VGF points, but I agree they will be SAP if I can’t get into the original building. Now, I am happy to say that we have a one bedroom for our December weekend stay, and just a short one night Easter stay to see the Easter Eggs.

I don’t like the pool, not large or deep enough for my tastes, so, I never expected long VGF stays, but I have been pleased so far. We also enjoy Kona for breakfast, and that’s a quick ECV ride over.
We just added 1 night at BPK SV studio at the beginning of our trip to try out the new rooms, then over to the Villas for 7 nights SV 1br. We like to alternate at VGF between 1br and studios depending on how many points we have at the time. We'll see how the new rooms are, don't see me staying there more than a few nights though. We really like the original Villas so hoping for the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter