The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

Fun living within 60 miles of this resort. We decided to get one more holiday day in before our Magic Keys freeze up for the winter. Grabbed park reservations, and noticed a Standard Duo/hearing available. (pulling in 14 OKW points) for this Sunday!! Trying first time spontaneous stay test, like Florida locals get to do. We online check in (today), self park 6:30am range, leave bags in car, say hello to front desk, head off to early entry, and wait for room notification to get car items. Nice on check out day, can do early entry and still park there up to midnight.

My wife and our three small kids are planning on staying at a Garden Deluxe Studio in August (9 months, 2,5 by then). Does anyone have any opinion or has anyone seen a review of these somewhat standalone units (in a separate building anyway). I'm glad that there a chance we may not need to use the elevator at all.

Any general DLR DVC studio advice is appropriate too! This will be our first foray with a California DVC room. We rented a 1BR suite at DLH this year and it was great, space wise, but kinda lacked some nicer amenities that the DVC studio will offer. We have stayed at a DVC studio and 1BR at WDW with a lesser number of kids. And yes we are pretty ok with sharing a hotel room with our three small kids. My sister thinks I'm suicidal.

Last edited:
My wife and our three small kids are planning on staying at a Garden Deluxe Studio in August (9 months, 2,5 by then). Does anyone have any opinion or has anyone seen a review of these somewhat standalone units (in a separate building anyway). I'm glad that there a chance we may not need to use the elevator at all.

Any general DLR DVC studio advice is appropriate too! This will be our first foray with a California DVC room. We rented a 1BR suite at DLH this year and it was great, space wise, but kinda lacked some nicer amenities that the DVC studio will offer. We have stayed at a DVC studio and 1BR at WDW with a lesser number of kids. And yes we are pretty ok with sharing a hotel room with our three small kids. My sister thinks I'm suicidal.

We finished our stay last week in a Garden Deluxe Studio (0255) I absolutely loved it. The decent sized patio was perfect for my little one to play outside. Being on the second floor was slightly less convenient than I think the first floor since you have to take the elevator or the outside stairs. The location of the rooms are PERFECT for time spent at the palette pool or splash pad. We also loved that we could just go down the stairs and cut across the pool and out the gates to get food. There is also a water bottle fill station right by the pool bathrooms which were perfect for keeping our water bottles filled, yay for less money spent on water 🤣 I found the room easily accommodated the travel crib with Slumberpod. Really my only complaint about the room is the dang curtain situation. You have a sheet curtain and then the black out, which is great HOWEVER , they are both just one long curtain! Which makes going out the patio slider difficult if you want to keep the curtains closed (like at night or during nap time). It’s a first world problem I know 😂 but it’s was annoying trying to get in and out without dragging the curtain with me and making noise lol
Overall I wouldn’t hesitate to book again, especially in the summer!

We finished our stay last week in a Garden Deluxe Studio (0255) I absolutely loved it. The decent sized patio was perfect for my little one to play outside. Being on the second floor was slightly less convenient than I think the first floor since you have to take the elevator or the outside stairs. The location of the rooms are PERFECT for time spent at the palette pool or splash pad. We also loved that we could just go down the stairs and cut across the pool and out the gates to get food. There is also a water bottle fill station right by the pool bathrooms which were perfect for keeping our water bottles filled, yay for less money spent on water 🤣 I found the room easily accommodated the travel crib with Slumberpod. Really my only complaint about the room is the dang curtain situation. You have a sheet curtain and then the black out, which is great HOWEVER , they are both just one long curtain! Which makes going out the patio slider difficult if you want to keep the curtains closed (like at night or during nap time). It’s a first world problem I know 😂 but it’s was annoying trying to get in and out without dragging the curtain with me and making noise lol
Overall I wouldn’t hesitate to book again, especially in the summer!
This is really useful information, thank you! Interesting note about the curtains... It's nice to have any additional area you can send your kids but it's not so nice if the transaction cost of getting there means potentially waking up baby due to drowning in curtains and screaming for help.

It sounds like the proximity to the pool and splash pad is perfect. When we went this past August the kids are area at DLH was closed due to villas construction and we had to go to Paradise Pier Hotel's pool

We also have traveled with a slumberpod since 2019 with great success, Do you think there was enough space in front of the Murphy bed to put a crib with a slumberpod?

This is really useful information, thank you! Interesting note about the curtains... It's nice to have any additional area you can send your kids but it's not so nice if the transaction cost of getting there means potentially waking up baby due to drowning in curtains and screaming for help.

It sounds like the proximity to the pool and splash pad is perfect. When we went this past August the kids are area at DLH was closed due to villas construction and we had to go to Paradise Pier Hotel's pool

We also have traveled with a slumberpod since 2019 with great success, Do you think there was enough space in front of the Murphy bed to put a crib with a slumberpod?
Hmmmm it might be a bit of a tight squeeze walkway wise when the bed it down. We setup ours up in the little entryway next to the dresser and it worked nicely!

0146 Standard Duo is a hearing accessible. Won’t really notice other than the light lens in sleep area & bathroom. Very convenient room on that first floor, rear area. Low enough not to see over wall. Good for booking last minute or checking when others are full. No balcony. Close to bbq area.IMG_1817.jpegIMG_1818.jpeg

Thanks to MiceChat for the coverage of the DLH Lounge refurb/retheme. Here are some pics from their article:

Attachments

• IMG_8684.jpeg
    IMG_8684.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8685.jpeg
    IMG_8685.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8686.jpeg
    IMG_8686.jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8687.jpeg
    IMG_8687.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8688.jpeg
    IMG_8688.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8689.jpeg
    IMG_8689.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8690.jpeg
    IMG_8690.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8691.jpeg
    IMG_8691.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8683.jpeg
    IMG_8683.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 31
We there last night in the lounge. Live music. Drinks & food menu. Nice redesign. Open daily 5-close (close time has been about 10:30-11:30) based on activity to last call. We liked it better than the Palm Breeze. One item did liked about the Palm Breeze, when has a performer. They play it though the speakers out near the pool lounge chairs too.

Was just informed the price is going up from $230 to $239 end of Jan.? (for VDH)

I really thought the $217 resorts were going to come up to $230 before VDH ($230) went up.
I did too. That said, Riviera and Aulani are going from $217 up to $225.
Will be very interesting to see what Poly 2 and Cabins are priced at. It used to be all actively selling resorts were the same but apparently who knows nowadays!

Last edited:

facebook twitter