The Official Spring/Spring Advantage 2010 Thread!

I was Accepted for CareerStart Spring 2010 for QSFB! :thumbsup2

Web Interview: Aug 31st
Phone Interview: Sept 2nd
Acceptance Letter: Oct 5th!

:goodvibes

Ive been ACCEPTED into the DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM!!!! Spring Advantage 2010!!!!! I will work at Disneyland in food service!!!!!!!
I Interviewed September 28th
Accepted October 5th!!!!
YAY!!!!!

I'm happy for you, but darn that makes me feel like crap. I interviewed for DL Aug.31 and I'm still pending. I don't understand what's the problem. I have the experience, I chose 13 roles, and I was friendly in the interview (I even impressed her at one point). I don't understand. Why is it taking so long for me? Are they waiting until someone drops out? Why couldn't they just put me in first? What did I do wrong? I feel absolutely terrible. I just want to do this so bad. This waiting is killing me and to hear other ppl being accepted who interviewed just a week ago...omg it's like a punch in the stomach. Sorry to be Debbie the Downer. :sad2:

I'm happy for you, but darn that makes me feel like crap. I interviewed for DL Aug.31 and I'm still pending. I don't understand what's the problem. I have the experience, I chose 13 roles, and I was friendly in the interview (I even impressed her at one point). I don't understand. Why is it taking so long for me? Are they waiting until someone drops out? Why couldn't they just put me in first? What did I do wrong? I feel absolutely terrible. I just want to do this so bad. This waiting is killing me and to hear other ppl being accepted who interviewed just a week ago...omg it's like a punch in the stomach. Sorry to be Debbie the Downer. :sad2:

I know exactly what you mean Zoe. As you know, my friend was also pended, DW though. Neither of us can figure out why. It's bad enough being pended, but its really difficult when you can't figure out why. Like you, he's had a lot of experience, chose many roles, and said his interview went well. We just can't figure it out... And don't apologize for being a Debbie Downer, it gives others in similar situations something to relate to. Much better than seeing "OMG I GOT ACCEPTED SPRING 2010:cool1::cool1:" 100 times.

My girlfriend interviewed on August 25th and is still pending. She did great on her interview and is an experienced worker and put a lot of roles. It makes no sense why it would take so long. She talked to the recruiters today and they basically said again: if you don't hear back by december, then contact us.

Really?

Sorry :( I don't want to make anyone feel bad.
I honestly I think it all has to do with luck and timing
(Just like every other job).
The lady who told me I got accepted said they are having computer glitches, so that might be why some of you have yet to receive acceptance.???
I hope thats the case!!
I have experience working at a movie theatre...I think that helped A LOT. My interviewer seemed VERY interested in that. Working their gives me a lot of experience with working with concessions, guest services, ticket taking, and custodial (a lot of those things apply to Disney).

I've been browsing these boards for awhile and they've been a big help (thanks guys!) but I'm waiting until DCP comes to my school in order to apply. Now that I'm seeing so many people get in I'm getting really anxious about having to wait though. Should I just go ahead and do it online? I was really hoping to hear more information about financial aid and have the ability to (hopefully!) get an interview in person, but the wait is killing me! And I don't want to lose my chance just because I applied too late. My DCP meeting is still a whole month away! :( Does anyone have any experience with the on-campus presentations that can give me some advice? Thanks so much!

From what I've always heard, everyone interviews on the phone no matter if you go to the on campus presentation or not. What you may have been thinking of is the process for international college program kids. At THEIR presentations, they can interview in person. Everyone in the domestic CP interviews on the phone. I would go ahead and do the E-Presentation. Its exactly the same as the on campus presentation. You can always go to the on campus presentation as well if you want a chance to talk to a rep.

Sorry :( I don't want to make anyone feel bad.
I honestly I think it all has to do with luck and timing
(Just like every other job).
The lady who told me I got accepted said they are having computer glitches, so that might be why some of you have yet to receive acceptance.???
I hope thats the case!!
I have experience working at a movie theatre...I think that helped A LOT. My interviewer seemed VERY interested in that. Working their gives me a lot of experience with working with concessions, guest services, ticket taking, and custodial (a lot of those things apply to Disney).

No, don't be sorry, its great that you made it! I'm excited for you, it just tough for people in other situations to see all these people making it so fast.

I agree with you on the movie theatre thing. I worked in American Eagle back in high school so that really helped a lot, I guess I was pretty much a shoe in for merchandise and got accepted quickly. On the other hand, my friend who was pended has had more jobs but for less amount of time and never at a big company like American Eagle. He's had more work at lesser known stores and a waiter at a catering hall so that may have been a reason.

^ Thank you!!!!
I totally get what your saying. I would have felt so left out if I was still waiting for more then a month :(

I have a question...... I got accepted as food service. Cant anyone tell me the difference between QSF&B and a food service worker? All I know is Im getting paid a couple dollars over minimum.

^ Thank you!!!!
I totally get what your saying. I would have felt so left out if I was still waiting for more then a month :(

I have a question...... I got accepted as food service. Cant anyone tell me the difference between QSF&B and a food service worker? All I know is Im getting paid a couple dollars over minimum.

They're basically the same thing, the reason they have different titles at each resort has to do with differences in the way the Food & Beverage Line of Business is organised at each resort, as well as differences in the Collective Bargaining Agreements which govern each resort.

A Quick Service Restaurant Host/Hostess at the Walt Disney World Resort may also be trained and asked to work a Register and or Bussing duties during the course of their shift, in addition to serving food, at the same pay rate. A Food Service Worker Host or Hostess at the Disneyland Resort would not be asked to do either, as they are seperate job classifications and have different pay rates and training requirements.

A Quick Service Restaurant Host/Hostess at the Walt Disney World Resort can only work in that position in a Quick Service Restaurant. A Disneyland Resort Food Service Worker Host or Hostess can work in either a Quick Service or Table Service Restaurant.

Per the Collective Bargaining Agreement in place between the Walt Disney World Company (dba Disneyland Resort) and Workers United/Service Employees International Union Local 50, the "Food Service Worker" role is defined as follows:
Dishes up and presents food to guests in buffeteria restaurants, food courts, and quick service locations. Serves salads, entrees, accompaniments, and prepares beverages. Assembles, ortions, and packages all products as required. (e.g. places burgers in baskets, ladles chowder into bread bouless). Stocks serving line with food and serving supplies. Prepares and serves ice cream dishes such as ice cream sundaes, sodas, malts, shakes, banana splits, and freezes using preapproved recipes. May make waffle cones. May top pies, cakes, pancakes, and waffles as well as prepare fresh fruit orders. Cleans serving line and beverage equipment and maintains work area. May work in an exterior position to greet Guests, take orders and/or direct Guest flow. Works at the entry area of the table service and Character dining restaurants to greet Guests, direct Guest flow and process Priority Seating arrangements. Seats Guests and presents menus and spiels appropriate restaurant information. Maintains the cleanliness of the podium and lobby, monitors and replenishes supplies and completes assigned work as necessary.

The current starting pay rate for a Disneyland Resort Food Service Worker Host or Hostess is $9.60/hour. This will be increasing in the near future to $9.89/hour, in line with the recent contract extension agreement.

thanks glendalais!
wow!!!! thats a lot of different things!!!! I hope I have at least a little bit of fun doing it!!! I mean, I know its all work, and work is well...... work! Lol, but I at least hope I enjoy it to some extent :).
Im going to Disneyland and on the job tittle list for food services are:
1. Food Service Worker Host or Hostess
2. Food Cart Cashier
3. Food Prep
4. Food service worker (What I'm doing)
5. Quick service restaurant

On the info... they really do sound all the same... but Im just concerned about the TYPE of restaurant I will be working in....I don't really want to work at like a McDonald type, lol.

I got in for Spring for FSFB! I actually never got an email; they just sent the folder.

Anyway, I've been lurking for a while but didn't want to register/post until I got accepted. I'm officially in, so hi!

Web-based interview: today
Phone interview: Friday at 10am

Anyone have any last minute suggestions? I'm going to be a nervous wreck most likely!

Web-based interview: today
Phone interview: Friday at 10am

Anyone have any last minute suggestions? I'm going to be a nervous wreck most likely!
go look through blogs and the tricky question thread so the interviewer doesnt have the opportunity to throw you any curve balls
and just remember to smile :) good luck!

I got the email today saying I was accepted! For Lifefguard.

I'm actually undecided on whether or not I am going to accept.. Which is odd since I could NOT wait to find out and was dying to be accepted. And now that I am, I'm not sure if it's going to work out :(

^ I would accepted. the whole experience is the chance of a lifetime :) at least thats what I think

I got the email today saying I was accepted! For Lifefguard.

I'm actually undecided on whether or not I am going to accept.. Which is odd since I could NOT wait to find out and was dying to be accepted. And now that I am, I'm not sure if it's going to work out :(

Really??? You were one of the most excited of all of us! What's wrong hun? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter