The Non-Foodie Food Report-Deluxe Style 5/22-6/1(Final Thoughts)

I added up our receipts when we returned home and we ended up saving about $400 which is pretty good. But there is always that logic of if paying out of pocket would I have dessert at every meal (DH probably would not have had one) or would I have needed all of these snacks?

I'm surprised to see that you came out $400 ahead. As I was reading I wasn't sure if you would since you seemed to eat at lower cost locations (breakfasts, counter service). It actually gives me a little hope. I never thought the DxDDP would be for us because I wouldn't want to try to "maximize" the plan. But it looks like its not too hard to at least break even.

Maggie

I'm surprised to see that you came out $400 ahead. As I was reading I wasn't sure if you would since you seemed to eat at lower cost locations (breakfasts, counter service). It actually gives me a little hope. I never thought the DxDDP would be for us because I wouldn't want to try to "maximize" the plan. But it looks like its not too hard to at least break even.

Maggie

I was a little surprised we saved so much too. We did cancel Turf Club which would have cost much more than wherever we ate that night. (POR foodcourt maybe?) I loved the deluxe plan b/c we love breakfast but it was a waste with DH. He just doesn't eat much. If I was going with someone who actually likes to eat the meals would have been a little different and the savings much higher.

When I was planning our ADR's I just couldn't seem them to trim them down, so I ran the numbers over and over again to upgrade to deluxe. I priced out what DH would eat which based on his eating style is usually the cheapest item and counted on him not getting a dessert at each meal and most of the time I would break even or have a little bit of savings. I decided it would be much easier to have everything prepaid so I went for it. DH actually surprised me by not ordering a cheeseburger at Le Cellier and had a few desserts. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter