The NEW WL FAQ (Part 5) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we're here and I'm in love!! This is without a doubt the most beautiful resort I've ever stayed at, and I cannot believe I thought I wouldn't be impressed with the theming! Photos really don't do it justice.

We booked standard, but got the most amazing pixie dust upgrade to a countyard view, ground floor looking out onto the lake. We can watch the EWP without even leaving the patio, and we're right beside a smoking area (which was one of my big concerns about the Lodge, since DH is a smoker). The transportation has been great so far, and I love having the boat to the Contemporary to get to all our monorail dinner reservations. And it is so nice having everything under one roof, especially last night when it got cold even for this Northern girl.

When I get home, I'll post pictures of our amazing view. I cannot imagine a better room location or a better place to stay when we come to visit the Mouse. Even DS, who is so in love with Stormalong Bay that he was sure he'd be disappointed with anything else, loves this place and has decided that we should stay at the BC/BCV for summer trips and WL/VWL for winter trips! LOL

Wow! It sounds like you're having an amazing time!!!! I can't wait to hear more when you get home! Enjoy the pixie dust!!!!!

We didn't stay at the Lodge prior to renovations, but did feel like there was not a whole lot of drawer space on our Dec. trip. I wish they would have had more drawers in the nightstand to add just a little more storage. I was very impressed with the amount of hanging space in the closet, but who really brings a closet full of hanging clothes to WDW? Next trip, I may bring some hangers and hang up a few t-shirts to give us more room in the drawers for other stuff.

I'm bringing a hanging sweater organizer. It's one of those canvas and cardboard things, it has a Velcro sleeve that wraps around a closet pole and collapses quickly. There's never enough space in any hotel room!

We are seriously considering staying at WL for our July 08 trip. I am quite the Disney planner but OMG!:scared1: All of the information on this site. It is great! We have never stayed Deluxe before. Kids want to know about the Cubs Den?, arcade, pool, hidden mickeys, tours, bikes....I usually can fire off answers quickly but I am really going to have to study up on this one. All of the info is great!! I am so glad I found DIS to help me find out the little details of the resorts to help make our vacation even more :wizard: Magical!:wizard:

Thanks!!:worship:

We are seriously considering staying at WL for our July 08 trip. I am quite the Disney planner but OMG!:scared1: All of the information on this site. It is great! We have never stayed Deluxe before. Kids want to know about the Cubs Den?, arcade, pool, hidden mickeys, tours, bikes....I usually can fire off answers quickly but I am really going to have to study up on this one. All of the info is great!! I am so glad I found DIS to help me find out the little details of the resorts to help make our vacation even more :wizard: Magical!:wizard:

Thanks!!:worship:

I can't help with the Cub's Den because I don't have any kids yet, but I can say the arcade is small. There are only a few games. They do have little cards you can fill up with money to play the games.

The main pool has a small slide. It's a decent size, but it can be crowded. There is a pool bar nearby. They also have afternoon games for the kids. You can get the schedule at the front desk.

As for hidden Mickey's, you can also get a list at the front desk.

They do have a tour. I believe it is daily (or almost daily) at 9AM

Bikes can be rented near the beach area, not far from the pool.

Hope this helps with your planning!

Thank you, Liz, for the pictures of standard views! Was it noisy in the mornings since it overlooked the service area?

Okay, I have a rather silly question. I was looking at Wilderness Lodge on a sattelite map and noticed that the parking lot is quite a ways from the resort. Are you able to pull up under the awning at the front of the hotel when you come to check in? I am not worried about my car otherwise as we always use WDW transportation. We will have several suitcases and such to take to the room. Also, will they have carts that we can use to take our luggage to the room? It looks as most of the rooms are back from the front doors and, not that I'm lazy, but I would like to take most of it in one load. I have never stayed deluxe before. Is there someone to help you with your bags or is that just conceirge? Thanks for your help.

Okay, I have a rather silly question. I was looking at Wilderness Lodge on a sattelite map and noticed that the parking lot is quite a ways from the resort. Are you able to pull up under the awning at the front of the hotel when you come to check in? I am not worried about my car otherwise as we always use WDW transportation. We will have several suitcases and such to take to the room. Also, will they have carts that we can use to take our luggage to the room? It looks as most of the rooms are back from the front doors and, not that I'm lazy, but I would like to take most of it in one load. I have never stayed deluxe before. Is there someone to help you with your bags or is that just conceirge? Thanks for your help.

Yes you do just pull under the awning and they unload your stuff for you on a big cart. They fill out a tag w/ names etc and you go in and check in. When you have your room assignment just call and they bring it all to you.

Also re: the arcade.. the WL is very small and we never go. There is a direct boat to the Contemporary which is right next door. They have a great arcade. We would go over there for a few hrs. The arcade (contemporary) is closed now for construction so check on that I think.

We love WL and are DVC owners there. You'll love it!

Are there CD players in the rooms at WL? My kids sleep with music in the background and I really am hoping that I don't have to bring my own CD player...

Thanks!

Shannon

Where is the best place to request for a woodsview that is relatively close to the pool and Roaring Forks?

What is the bus stop situation like at WL? Is there more than one pick up and drop off location?

Does anyone have any suggestions for Bunk Bed rooms with GREAT view? Prefer MK view. Going 12/2009 and already planning and would love to have room numbers for the bunk bed rooms with great views!

Are there CD players in the rooms at WL? My kids sleep with music in the background and I really am hoping that I don't have to bring my own CD player...

Thanks!

Shannon

Hi,

There's not a CD player in the standard rooms at WL, but the radio has an auxilliary input (3.5mm Jack socket) that you can plug an ipod into.

Cheers

Where is the best place to request for a woodsview that is relatively close to the pool and Roaring Forks?

What is the bus stop situation like at WL? Is there more than one pick up and drop off location?

You want to request north wing to be closer to roaring forks. We had a ground floor room#1008 with bunk beds that was close to roaring forks and the pool and boat docks.

There is only one bus stop at WL. HTH.

We will be at WL on Friday. Quick question.... do they give you shampoo & conditioner in your room? Also is there a refrigator in each room?

There is a mini-fridge in the room.

Not sure about the shampoo/conditioner. When we stayed at POFQ it was an all-in-one shampoo/conditioner, but could be different for the deluxe resorts.

Mommy_Jen:

They do provide both shampoo and conditioner (as well as lotion, bath soap, and hand soap). It's the H2O brand product, with subtle Mickey designs.

Mommy_Jen:

They do provide both shampoo and conditioner (as well as lotion, bath soap, and hand soap). It's the H2O brand product, with subtle Mickey designs.

Oh cool! I hate using the all-in-ones, but hate taking up space with my own stuff. Does anyone have a picture? Are they scented?

We'll need to have access to a microwave during our stay. Is there one in the Roaring Forks that you can use?

You want to request north wing to be closer to roaring forks. We had a ground floor room#1008 with bunk beds that was close to roaring forks and the pool and boat docks.

There is only one bus stop at WL. HTH.

This is quite helpful-thank you! Do the buses serve only WL or do they often make multiple stops? One more question-is it quicker to take the bus from WL to Epcot or to go over to the MK or Contemporary and take the monorail?

Thanks so much!

This is quite helpful-thank you! Do the buses serve only WL or do they often make multiple stops? One more question-is it quicker to take the bus from WL to Epcot or to go over to the MK or Contemporary and take the monorail?

Thanks so much!

The buses share with the Fort Wilderness. WL is picked up first and then you go to to FW. I'm definately not a pro, but I would say that stopping at the FW will probably add 10 mins. to your travel time whereas if you go to MK or CR first, you will have to make transfers and wait on either the bus or monorail. If you did the monorail, remember you have to transfer at the TTC to the epcot monorial. For me, I would probably just hop on the bus at WL. Someone else may suggest better, but it would just seem less time consuming. HTH.

We'll need to have access to a microwave during our stay. Is there one in the Roaring Forks that you can use?

I know there is a microwave there, I don't see why you could not use it.
Have a great trip. We will be there Thurs 1/31.:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter