The NEW official, unofficial Boardwalk Villas/Boardwalk Inn thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am staying at the BWV, checking in this Friday, January 8 (we have one night at PO on Thursday).

I have never stayed at an EPCOT resort. We did one stay at the Poly concierge at Xmas, but the rest of the time we have stayed offsite in a timeshare.

We are attending a wedding with a reception at the Wedding Pavilion and a reception at Atlantic Dance Hall, with an Illuminations dessert party on the Isle de France.

We have a one bedroom and my parents a studio. My brother has ressies at the Boardwalk hotel, so we can visit there, too!

I am excited.

Julia

I am staying at the BWV, checking in this Friday, January 8 (we have one night at PO on Thursday).

I have never stayed at an EPCOT resort. We did one stay at the Poly concierge at Xmas, but the rest of the time we have stayed offsite in a timeshare.

We are attending a wedding with a reception at the Wedding Pavilion and a reception at Atlantic Dance Hall, with an Illuminations dessert party on the Isle de France.

We have a one bedroom and my parents a studio. My brother has ressies at the Boardwalk hotel, so we can visit there, too!

I am excited.

Julia

Wow, sounds like you have a fantastic trip planned! And you will be there in just a week!!!

Please be sure to report back here when you return and let us all know how BWV was! Enjoy the wedding and congratulations to your friend or relative who is getting married there! :)

We will be ay BWV in May staying in a studio with garden/water view. I am looking forward to it, I like the idea of being able to walk to Epcot.
Any room request suggestions? :)

I am excited.

Julia

You will be hooked. We've only stayed at the Dolphin, but it's so convenient. The Poly is convenient too, except DHS (and nothing is convenient to AK). But we're walkers and love being in the Epcot area.

We just changed our March stay to be GF/BWV 2 BR/ BC 2 BR (1 for 2 nights waitlist for 2 br). We had a 1 BR boardwalk view but upgraded to the 2 br for the extra space and lost the view. But wait listed for that. There is no chance to see the BW from a preferred view is there?
I dont know much about the resort. Can you see fireworks? What should my room request be?

Sorry to bomb you with questions.

Also planning Dec 2010 hoping to be BW boardwalk view for that at 7 mo.

Just jumping on board!

My family (Me, DH, DS10, DD8, DD6, DS4, DS1) is staying at the BWI CL in May! I've been reading every thread about BWI that I can. I've never stayed there, always stayed mod, but have always wanted to. Can't wait!

Checking in!:goodvibes

We'll be at Boardwalk Villas from February 21-27th. We had originally booked Animal Kingdom Lodge but have switched to BWV. I am thinking we made a good decision! With the AP discount, we got the week for $1,550! Plus since we are splitting the cost of the studio, we are each paying $750 for a week at the BWV. Worked out pretty well!!

I am really looking forward to this trip. We've stayed at the YC before and loved the whole atmosphere of the Epcot resort circle. It is really something! I'm hoping we like the Boardwalk as much as the YC/BC but there was no more availability at the BC villas.

Can't wait to learn more! Our trip is getting closer and closer.:woohoo:

So, is there a counter service at BWI/BWV or what? Where does one refill the refillable mug? We can't find any info!

TIA!

P.S. I'm the top one on page 2 & 3. Teehee.

:goodvibes
I am excited too! We will be there in 25 more days! We are staying in a 2 BR villa. :yay:

We are staying in BWV the 19th-25th. 1st time staying there and we are very excited!! Im hoping for a refurbished room too.....but just to be in WDW and not at home is great.

I have a question for anyone who has stayed at the BWI before, is it worth staying there if you book a standard view? I would love to stay there, but when I priced things out a boardwalk view (which I would love) is just not in the cards for us. If we did stay at the BWI it would be in a standard view room, I noticed those were listed as parking lot, garden/grounds, etc. as the view.

Do you think you'd be disappointed in the BWI if you stayed in a standard view room and didn't overlook the boardwalk?

Just a side note, we do spend a good bit of time in our room and use things like the balcony/patio. I don't mind a view of the grounds (because I'm sure they are beautiful), but I don't want the rest of my group to feel disappointed because they are at the Boardwalk Inn and can't see the boardwalk or don't feel that atmosphere.

I have a question for anyone who has stayed at the BWI before, is it worth staying there if you book a standard view? I would love to stay there, but when I priced things out a boardwalk view (which I would love) is just not in the cards for us. If we did stay at the BWI it would be in a standard view room, I noticed those were listed as parking lot, garden/grounds, etc. as the view.

Do you think you'd be disappointed in the BWI if you stayed in a standard view room and didn't overlook the boardwalk?

Just a side note, we do spend a good bit of time in our room and use things like the balcony/patio. I don't mind a view of the grounds (because I'm sure they are beautiful), but I don't want the rest of my group to feel disappointed because they are at the Boardwalk Inn and can't see the boardwalk or don't feel that atmosphere.

There are a couple of photo threads that show the views and they look great. One is a balcony view thread and there's also a BWI specific photo thread. The grounds are beautiful opposite the Boardwalk, too. HTH!

We may upgrade from the CSR, but I need the lowdown on the place first. Tell me about pros and con, food choices, is there a kids club on site? Transportation pros and cons? Tell me all! :goodvibes

Another question--what is the laundry machine like in the 1 & 2 bedrooms? We want to do some laundry in the evening and hope it's not too loud. Also, how efficient is it--how long will it take (average)?

This thread is easier than posting new threads, but I will on the DVC board if I have to.

Thanks!

re-launching us....

Maybe we can be put in the sticky (since this one also includes BWV)

And any thoughts on the washer/dryer?

re-launching us....

Maybe we can be put in the sticky (since this one also includes BWV)

And any thoughts on the washer/dryer?

We're here right now in a 2 BR BW villa. I've been doing laundry all week. Yes, it is a stackable unit and has a fairly small capacity. However, it is NOT a HE unit, so it washes very quickly. :cool1: Also, no complaints with the dryer either. They are not really quiet though IMHO. :confused3

Just came back from BWI 12-26/12-31, with 13yr son, 19yr nephew, & 21yr nephew we all loved it. The room was 4th floor facing the boardwalk, comfortable beds & sofa. Plenty of pillows and towels. Boys liked ESPN and being able to walk to EPCOT(5min)Mission Space/Test Track and the Studio(20min)Rock'n Rollercoaster/Tower of Terror. Entertainment on the boardwalk is for all ages. And we all thought the pool/slide was a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!