The new iphones are no where to be found in my neck of the woods

Yeah that;s pretty much the way ot goes with the iPhone. Will probably be that way for a month or so.

Meanwhile I upgraded my Original iPhone with the new 2.0 software last night and it is great. I LOVE THE APPS STORE!!!:banana:

We were just at our local mall (Oakridge) and they still have supply but the line is still about 40 people deep, even to just get into the store.

--Daneen

I finally talk myself into getting one (we are issued smartphones at work) so this will be a toy, and I can't find one at all. :(

To those that have them, are they worth the hype?

We were in the Florida Mall last night and the queue was soooo long :headache:

is it worth it?
I have not put mine down yet. So much fun.

So what apps have people gotten?

Don't have the new phone, but I got 2.0 on the old one.

Loving the App Store so far. I got CroMag Rally, iMaze, At Bat, Enigmo, Near Pics, weatherbug, Monkey Ball, Jott, checks please and the coolest so far....Shazam!! It is so fun, it can identify practically any song. You just hold it up to a speaker to hear the song and it tells you what it is. My DS's love it because they are always wondering what songs they hear in movies are.

Don't have the new phone, but I got 2.0 on the old one.

Loving the App Store so far. I got CroMag Rally, iMaze, At Bat, Enigmo, Near Pics, weatherbug, Monkey Ball, Jott, checks please and the coolest so far....Shazam!! It is so fun, it can identify practically any song. You just hold it up to a speaker to hear the song and it tells you what it is. My DS's love it because they are always wondering what songs they hear in movies are.

wow! you are having fun! I've got a bunch of the free games and apps. I'm going to have to get some itunes credits and download some games. I have to get Super Monkey Ball.

I can only imagine the plethora of games and apps that will be available in 6 months.

Shazam!! It is so fun, it can identify practically any song. You just hold it up to a speaker to hear the song and it tells you what it is. My DS's love it because they are always wondering what songs they hear in movies are.

My BIL just told me about this one and I am downloading now.

I have not spent a lot of time downloading, but DH downloaded one that makes your phone sound like a light saber when you swing it around. Not useful, but quite fun and shows you how much you can do with the accelerometer.

--Daneen

I got my iphone for Christmas of 07 - LOVE it .... while I wait to pick kids up at school I respond to e-mail. When I get that 15 minute break at work - I surf the web for disney stuff while everyone else complains about work !! I
have used it as an ipod while I walk - I can not say enough about the uses.

Once you have one ... it's over !!!!!

they don't sell I-Phones at all where i live - not the old version or the new..

and no one knows when they'll finally get here..

none of the phone companies here are willing to agree to Apple's terms (to pay apple a percentage of ongoing revenue earned on the phone)

some people have bought phones when visiting the US, and then they do whatever you have to do to 'break' them so that they can use them here...

i was thinking of doing that, but since the new phone wasn't available last month when i was in the states, i'll have to wait for my next visit to the states...

We were at the Apple store last night to get my iMac fixed, and I felt like I was going into a nerdy night club. There was a bouncer if you will, standing outside the store only letting people who had appointments in. He even had a clipboard and walkie-talkie... I felt like a VIP.

While there I looked at the new iPhone and IMO it is a vast improvement over the original. The only drawback I can see is the increased price in the iPhone plans from AT&T.

~Simon :wizard:

By the by... I am one of those Apple nerds. And there was definitely no shortage of iPhone's. :)

My BIL just told me about this one and I am downloading now.

I have not spent a lot of time downloading, but DH downloaded one that makes your phone sound like a light saber when you swing it around. Not useful, but quite fun and shows you how much you can do with the accelerometer.

--Daneen

wow. just found the coolest app Pandora's Box. a jukebox on my phone. amazing. i had to wake up my wife to show her this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter