The *NEW* Grand Floridian Resort and Spa FAQ thread (Nov 2007)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks- I think I am losing my mind. I know that somewhere I have seen a buffet or something where they used glass blocks in the food display and I was sure it was the GF concierge. I am planning a mothers day brunch and have some glass blocks left from a remodel job and thought I could use them, but need a pic... Does anyone know what I am talking about or have I completly lost it (that could be a possibility....)

Yes, they DO use the glass blocks there at the appetizer service. You have not lost your mind. :goodvibes Not sure where there are pics, though. Maybe on the older thread. I don't usually take pics of the food.:) I should sometime.;)

Thank you...now that I know I am not going crazy, hmmmm...wonder where I would have seen that. Can you describe how they lay it out to me?

Wow....I wasn't there much for the appetizers:confused: but I remember they used the glass bricks to add interest vs having all the serving bowls just at the same level. They had the bricks at different stacked levels...some items were on one block (they were pretty large glass blocks), others might be on like a brick that is bridged on two lower ones. (picture stair stepped bowls) They didn't go higher than a double stack I THINK. You know...just to make things easier to reach, too so you aren't totally reaching across an item to get a further one. Does that help?? I will see if I have a pic in my photobucket acct. Then we'll probably see that i am totally wrong.;)

Channing :)

I know what you are saying. A pic would be great if you have one...Geez, this is just like me to remember part of something but not how are why they used it....hahaha Thanks I have 4 left from a glass wall that we did in a shower. One is an end piece. We just moved out of that house and I thought I am taking these with me....my husband thought I was crazy (I was mad that he did not take them back - so I WILL make use of them), until I told him the used them in a food display. Now I just have to fiure it out...

My eyes are freaking out from skimming thru all those pics I have!!:rotfl:

I didnt find ONE picture of the lounge w/food in it during appetizers.:guilty:

Sorry!! I KNOW I have seen a pic of that somewhere, though, too......

Channing :)

gf248.jpg

hERE IS ONE OF MANY PICS FROM aLLeARSnET DOT com;
look under accomoadations for GF and under photos and under Sugar Loaf CL

When i am there in 44 days
I will try to snap some pics of the SL lounge .... but I might get arrested for stalking :rotfl2:

Has anyone been upgraded to SL from a GV?

It wasn't available when I booked, but I'm going to ask if it's available upon arrival. I don't mind paying the difference if it's available, but since I'll be checking in on my birthday I thought if they ever upgraded people it would be a nice magical moment :rotfl2:

The only upgrade I've ever heard of at the GF is Lives4Disney's 40th birthday upgrade to the Walt Suite. But she's a frequent visitor, I'm a GF first timer. It's also not a milestone birthday :sad2:

Has anyone been upgraded to SL from a GV?

It wasn't available when I booked, but I'm going to ask if it's available upon arrival. I don't mind paying the difference if it's available, but since I'll be checking in on my birthday I thought if they ever upgraded people it would be a nice magical moment :rotfl2:

The only upgrade I've ever heard of at the GF is Lives4Disney's 40th birthday upgrade to the Walt Suite. But she's a frequent visitor, I'm a GF first timer. It's also not a milestone birthday :sad2:

When I get my free upgrade to RPC there will be an opening at SL that week :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Like I'm going to get an upgrade to RPC:rotfl: :rotfl:

your chances of winning the lottery is better than getting upgraded to RPC:rotfl:

Never say never sweetie :goodvibes

It's the Second Year of a Billion Dreams. :wizard:

You might get a magical moment at check in.

Or a magical moment in the cabana :rotfl2:

Anyone find out if it was true that there is no more Adventures in Cooking? I am bummed about this

WOW! That is so NOT what I saw when I was there. There were no round tables decked out with food. It was only a very small spread in the back U shaped section which was very small. I looked in at about 12:30 pm and again at about 3:00. Maybe they pull out all the stops for dinner? I'm a bit dismayed. I definitely would have stayed if I'd seen food like that.

Tracy

WOW! That is so NOT what I saw when I was there. There were no round tables decked out with food. It was only a very small spread in the back U shaped section which was very small. I looked in at about 12:30 pm and again at about 3:00. Maybe they pull out all the stops for dinner? I'm a bit dismayed. I definitely would have stayed if I'd seen food like that.

Tracy

Did you hit the lounge during peak food serving times? I know they give you a schedule at check in. I know from other resorts (non-WDW) that they leave some food out throughout the day but have grand spreads at peak serving times.

RPC question that I know that has been answered before:

What are the deluxe rooms in the RPC that are just a few $$ more. What view do they have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter