The New and Updated Port Orleans Riverside FAQ Thread for 2008 --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother and I are staying at POR for the first time in December from the 24th to the 27th . . .

That's a wonderful time to be there. The Christmas decorations are beautiful and truly put one in the holiday spirit. Have fun!

How deep is the Kiddie pool? My 5 year old twins are very afraid of swimming in deeper water - they prefer abour 2 - 3 feet deep.

Is the kiddie pool near the large pool with the slide? My 8 year old will want to swim there.

Thanks!

There is a kiddie pool right by the bigger pool... they do also have lifejackets there...

I am going batty waiting for my departure date -- so close now I can almost taste it!

:yay: :dance3: :banana: :thumbsup2 :worship: :cheer2: :hourglass pixiedust: :dancer: party: :jumping1: :jumping2:

ok I think that's enough... I've made my point. :goodvibes

I am going batty waiting for my departure date -- so close now I can almost taste it!

:yay: :dance3: :banana: :thumbsup2 :worship: :cheer2: :hourglass pixiedust: :dancer: party: :jumping1: :jumping2:

ok I think that's enough... I've made my point. :goodvibes

:goodvibes :lmao:

Oh, I don't know about that! You could have used a few more smilies! :dance3:

going November 16-23!! Yay!! It will be me, dh, ds-7, ds-5, ds-3, and dd-1! I do have a question about refillable mugs- is there apple juice or something for the kids to get or just soda?
Thanks!

Great to see a new thread pulling everything together! I loved this resort last year. Favourite memories: walking in the gardens, empty pools because there were so many, excellent house keeping, great bus service (I know I know not everyone had that experience!), Pianoman Bob, good foodcourt, and taking boatrides down to the DTD.

In fact, I loved it so much that I've just booked a trip for early September! I had a trip planned for Christmas but the international airfares were so ridiculous at that time I decided today to change tack. I'm looking forward to relaxing in the resort again after a hard day's work in the parks :thumbsup2

Wow, New Z. Fabulous. I want to visit some day. It looks so gorgeous. Oh, and don't tell my DH, but Karl Urban is my secret love interest. (snicker, snicker) :laughing:

Thanks for starting the new thread!! We have 27 days until our 1st trip ever and I cannot wait!!! :)

I have a question for you though in regards to the buses. We are taking our own double stroller. Is there room to put these on the buses? It does fold up but is still pretty bulky. Do they have space underneath or in the front or back?

I'm just trying to decide if it might be better to just drive to the parks in our own vehicle. In the case of us doing that - parking is free right (as a resort guest)?

Thanks!!

I can't wait for our trip in December!! I love hearing good stories about POR, I was a little nervous staying there but I am really getting excited now!

Does anyone know where the smaller quiet pools in AB are? I am trying to figure out what building to request and that will play a factor. TY!!:dance3:

Building 16,17 18 and building 27 are right next to a quite pool, and minutes from the main building.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/port-riverside.htm

Since there is so much going on with TS Fay right now..it has me thinking...has anyone ever ridden through a hurricane at POR before? I imagine it's not fun (of course, it's better to be safe and bored than the alternative!) especially since the rooms aren't enclosed inside a huge building and the resort has the motel-like outdoor walkways. :scared1:

Since there is so much going on with TS Fay right now..it has me thinking...has anyone ever ridden through a hurricane at POR before? I imagine it's not fun (of course, it's better to be safe and bored than the alternative!) especially since the rooms aren't enclosed inside a huge building and the resort has the motel-like outdoor walkways. :scared1:

Yes, in 1996 I think it was. Erin?

I'll let you know how this one feels tomorrow... :)

Andre

Aside from personal preference- are there pros and cons to staying in the hotel bldgs vs the mansions?

My 8 yr old DD is facinated with the concept of staying in a mansion :) and I do understand they are less rural in decor than the others but are there other major differences?

I thought it might be a fun environment vs what we had at CBR (besides the grounds which I know are totally different!)

Also- can I book at the mansions or request them- is it likely I would get one. Or is it all first come first served and the y put people wherever?

I am planning an Oct 16-20 trip

thanks

I am interested in knowing this too!

Have a great vacation. :wizard:
Yes, in 1996 I think it was. Erin?

I'll let you know how this one feels tomorrow... :)

Andre

Have a safe and fun trip Andre. :tink:

Looking forward to new pics and your report. ;)

Just returned from our 1st stay at POR & we loved it! We look forward to returning next year :thumbsup2 We stayed in the mansions, Oak Manor. My only complaint is the knobs have been removed from the fridges, so take pliers or something to be able to turn it up! They are only set on 2 :confused3

Thanks for the fridge tip. That would drive me crazy!

Just returned from our 1st stay at POR & we loved it! We look forward to returning next year :thumbsup2 We stayed in the mansions, Oak Manor. My only complaint is the knobs have been removed from the fridges, so take pliers or something to be able to turn it up! They are only set on 2 :confused3

Got em packed. :thumbsup2

oh my gosh - I just booked POR for Nov 18th - 26th! To me, this is a very last minute decision!! I usually plan a year in advance.....my head is spinning!

I am a POR first timer...what does everyone think of Boatwrights? Do they serve B, L, & D ?? Anything on the menu a "must have"?

We've stayed at POR for the past several years.
Breakfast is the best meal at Boatwrights, but the prime rib and the Filet are good.
They used to have a pot roast dinner my wife drooled over, but that's not on the menu anymore.
As for where you are placed, it's sort of first come first serve, but the buildings in Alligator Bayou all have the trundle beds, and are usually used for parties of 5.
If they don't have a full house, you may be put in AB.
We prefer AB over the mansions, but that is just what we like.
All the rooms are the same with the exception of the trundles.
To us, the best location was Building 18 in AB.
It's close to the main building and bus stop, it has a quiet pool and laundry at the building, and it's nice and quiet.

I have to agree with the above poster. My hubby loves the sweet potato pancakes and I love the prime rib. You cannot loose here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter