The New 2008 Beach Club and Yacht Club FAQs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
P6110749.jpg

Child's Mickey sundae at Beaches N' Cream.

I have heard of a movie that occurs on the beach at the BC/YC. Does anybody know if it is like the campfire at the fort wilderness. Do they offer smores and are there any characters there (like chip n dale)? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Yippee for new thread! :thumbsup2

And yippee cause I just added a night to my upcoming August trip at the Beach Club! :cool1:

I have heard of a movie that occurs on the beach at the BC/YC. Does anybody know if it is like the campfire at the fort wilderness. Do they offer smores and are there any characters there (like chip n dale)? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Is there a Ft Wilderness FAQ somewhere? I am sure the answer would be there. Just a thought. Or try the camping forum.

Ok, now I want to stay here. But I was always under the assumption that it was all DVC so I never gave it much thought. Of course we never had the $$ to afford it either, but we're hoping our next trip will be a special treat as we don't plan on going until all of our debt is paid off and we've saved enough for a "deluxe" trip.

Okay the pictures are getting me soooo excited! 5 weeks from today we'll be there. BC for 8 nights, then 6 nights at the Poly. I am so excited for our Magical Gathering - maybe we'll finally get to try the Kitchen Sink!

I saw a bbq pit there and one night a cm was cooking over it. I would think that's what it was. No characters. It's not done on the grand scale the one at FW is. It's more movies on the beach and that's it. They have one at the CR also.

Love the new thread! I have a question, though. You have bathroom amenities (shampoo, etc) listed for concierge only. Don't all the rooms have little bottles of shampoo, etc. in them? Does concierge have large bottles, is that the difference? Also, can you get turn-down service if you're in a standard room? We were able to get it when we stayed at AKL last year, and my TA said you could get that at all deluxes. Thanks!

I saw a bbq pit there and one night a cm was cooking over it. I would think that's what it was. No characters. It's not done on the grand scale the one at FW is. It's more movies on the beach and that's it. They have one at the CR also.

Ya....several nights over Easter we saw them roasting marshmallows... I didn't see smores stuff...maybe I misssed that, but I have never noticed characters and don't think there are any there....I've been enough times I would have seen something.:rotfl:

Love the new thread! I have a question, though. You have bathroom amenities (shampoo, etc) listed for concierge only. Don't all the rooms have little bottles of shampoo, etc. in them? Does concierge have large bottles, is that the difference? Also, can you get turn-down service if you're in a standard room? We were able to get it when we stayed at AKL last year, and my TA said you could get that at all deluxes. Thanks!

All rooms get the H20 Aquatics products. They are very nice quality & fresh scented. I believe concierge/standard - they all get the same stuff. You can REQUEST turndown, but good luck getting it. :( We were less than 50% on our stays. But I am going to keep trying!! I love turndown. It is automatic on club level.

Lives4Disney :)

No characters but s'more packs are sold. You'll get a schedule of the month's movies when you check in. Last month, Friday was mystery movie.

Looking good, Tete.:thumbsup2 So many great pictures of the resort everyone.:goodvibes

Hi tete, you have pretty much everything I was going to send you. You are all set really. I will forward you the villas information so you can add it to your thread.

Man I have a TON of pics! :cool1:

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/ekmurphy12/IMG_0699.jpg[/IMG]

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

Channing - How about Lobby pictures. I just love YC lobby and BC lobby pics would be great as well to show location of restaurants, etc.??

I just realized, I do not have any pics of the lobbies, except from years ago, with my family in the photos!

Siobhan, thanks for starting this new thread...& thanks for the nice comments Katesdad...

I am going back to the YC 7 then GF on July 1 so if there are any specific pics you want let me know.:goodvibes

Lives4Disney :)

Channing - How about Lobby pictures. I just love YC lobby and BC lobby pics would be great as well to show location of restaurants, etc.??

I just realized, I do not have any pics of the lobbies, except from years ago, with my family in the photos!

I just was at both on Saturday and have lobby pics! Will post ASAP!

I know what you mean...almost all my photos have family in them as well.

It will be fun to see pictures of the newer decor in the BC lobby. I didn't care for it at first but now love it.

Thanks to everyone for posting such wonderful pictures! It really helps a lot!
:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter