The Naturalization Ceremony Episode with Bob?

SamSam

http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I've been listening to the Bob Memorial Shows again, as I wait for a new Podcast and decided I wanted to go back and listen to the hilarious episode Bob did on the Naturalization Ceremony - the one where the team just kept side-lining him (hilarious episode).

I can't locate it in the archives, not sure how it's listed or what year it was. I went through 06 and 07 looking for it and couldn't find it. If someone remembers the date, I have a file containing all the podcasts going back to mid '06.:)

I might be wrong but I believe it was pulled or at least that part of the show. To bad, I thought it was funny. :sad:

I might be wrong but I believe it was pulled or at least that part of the show. To bad, I thought it was funny. :sad:

I know there was 2 versions of it, and the original will no longer be available, but I thought the 'filtered' version was still available.
Anyone?

I think they should make this episode available to those of us who want to hear it. Its not our problem that others cant take a joke and we shouldn't be penalized for it. Your opinion is not my rule!

Hi Folks,

While I am not in charge of this....I doubt that episode will see the light of day ...at least not from us.

I could also be wrong.

While we were being silly (okay...wildly silly), others were horribly offended and they were rather vocal about it.

The vast majority of the "inappropriate" (notice the quotes) banter was lifted directly from a Will and Grace episode. John and I were (and are) huge fans of that show and can still quote dialogue from it. When I steal...I steal from the best.

We have been called names, threats were made, people stopped listening, people wrote letters to Disney, people created websites stating how much they hated us, and the villagers brought pitchforks and torches.

We have apologized for offending and/or hurting people.

This was never our intent.

Thanks,
Kevin

@DisneyKevin do you think more people understand your humor now as opposed to back then and know that bob was in on the jokes? I can't imagine outrage now at you guys just being...you guys at least people have gotten to know you now and can lower the pitchforks

Hi Folks,

While I am not in charge of this....I doubt that episode will see the light of day ...at least not from us.

I could also be wrong.

While we were being silly (okay...wildly silly), others were horribly offended and they were rather vocal about it.

The vast majority of the "inappropriate" (notice the quotes) banter was lifted directly from a Will and Grace episode. John and I were (and are) huge fans of that show and can still quote dialogue from it. When I steal...I steal from the best.

We have been called names, threats were made, people stopped listening, people wrote letters to Disney, people created websites stating how much they hated us, and the villagers brought pitchforks and torches.

We have apologized for offending and/or hurting people.

This was never our intent.

Thanks,
Kevin

In my opinion Kevin, those people aren't listeners you want anyway. Some people have nothing better to do than cause trouble where no trouble was intended. My father owned a business for 40 years and used to use the phrase "I'm firing you as a customer" when someone became just to difficult to deal with. Not making this episode available will never bring back the people who were "offended" by it in the first place. I think the memory of Bob and how he handled the situation is more important than the feelings of people whom you will never win over anyway. I understand your not in charge of this btw lol. Just my vent and opinion.

The vast majority of the "inappropriate" (notice the quotes) banter was lifted directly from a Will and Grace episode. John and I were (and are) huge fans of that show and can still quote dialogue from it. When I steal...I steal from the best
Only last night, I watched 3-4 episodes. They do re-runs on one of our cable channels, it's right up there with Friends in my opinion. Hilarious show and while I was about 11-12 years old when it first aired, I can imagine it was quite controversial initially.

Also, I have no idea what this show discussed, but now I want to know :-(

I started listening to the podcast too late to hear the first run of the show, but after listening to enough of the memorial shows I went all the way back to the beginning. The original edit of the show is gone, but listening to the next month of show after that where every joke was followed by an apology for engaging in "hate speech" was one of the funniest stretches of show I've heard....

I started listening to the podcast too late to hear the first run of the show, but after listening to enough of the memorial shows I went all the way back to the beginning. The original edit of the show is gone, but listening to the next month of show after that where every joke was followed by an apology for engaging in "hate speech" was one of the funniest stretches of show I've heard....

Yeah....there was that.

Not something I want to relive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter