The Music of Disney May Exercise Challenge

Congrats to ljcrochet for reaching Rave Reviews Red! :charac4: :charac4: :charac4:

Our TEAM is now at 80% and we have about three and a half days left to reach our individual and team goals.

Since the live action Aladdin film came out a few days ago, our Disney song of the day is Friend Like Me, written by Alan Menken and Howard Ashman. This version is from the original 1992 animated film and features Robin Williams as vocalist:

I thought about also including Will Smith singing Friend Like Me from the current film, but I just can't. I keep picturing The Fresh Prince when I hear him singing this song. It's just wrong. But, I stumbled on this fun video instead:

A bit of trivia: Friend Like Me (original) was nominated for an Academy Award and was Howard Ashman's last nomination before his death.

Last edited:
Wow... a lot of stuff has changed since my last check in on the boards.... LOL.
Adding lots of minutes now. Sorry it's been so long!
Sunday May 19th -- 60 minutes
Monday May 20th -- 35 minutes
Tuesday May 21st -- 35 minutes
Wednesday May 22nd -- 25 minutes
Thursday May 23rd (this was our wedding anniversary) -- 15 minutes
Sunday May 26th -- 65 minutes
Monday May 27th -- 10 minutes

760/880

:ccat: :hmghost: :ccat::hmghost::ccat::hmghost::ccat::hmghost::ccat:
Cheers to Elizabeth Smith for reaching Perfect Pitch Pink and to piglet1979 and Mike Namez for reaching goal and Glorious Green! Great job, you three!

I've slacked on featuring the Disney villains in our musical tour, but I'll correct that today:
Which villainous song is your favorite? I'm partial to Mother Knows Best.

A whopping 15 new minutes for me. (Not sure of my total since I’m on my phone.)

Haven’t seen anyone volunteer to pick up June??? If you’re hesitating, please jump in!!

If no one is available, I can do it, but may miss a couple of days due to travel.

Congrats to Elizabeth Smith for reaching Rave Reviews Red :charac4: :charac4: :charac4: and to BonnieF for surpassing her goal and reaching Glorious Green :hmghost::hmghost::hmghost:!

And our TEAM is just 2% or 228 minutes away from another color change. I bet we can reach at least 90% of goal by the end of tomorrow.

The Disney Channel is another source of Disney music that deserves a nod. This channel has given a start to young actor/singers such as Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus, Bridget Mendler, Dove Cameron, Sabrina Carpenter, Selena Gomez, Hillary Duff, Sofia Carson, Zac Efron, Cole Sprouse, The Jonas Brothers, and Jordan Fisher, etc. You can see some of their posters on the walls in Hollywood Studio's Rock-n-Roller Coaster, and you can hear Jordan Fisher nightly at the MK as one of the featured vocalists in Happily Ever After.

Here is a taste (a little long) of what the Disney Channel has put out over the years:

This one wasn't included in any medley that I could find, and my daughter really wanted it featured, so this is for her:

Were any of these shows a fixture in your past? My daughter and I had lots of bonding time over Girl Meets World (still heartbroken that one ended - lovely show), Liv and Maddie, Good Luck Charlie, and Wizards of Waverly Place. We are both looking forward to the new Disney streaming platform coming out in November and hoping that we can rewatch some of our old favorites.

A whopping 15 new minutes for me. (Not sure of my total since I’m on my phone.)

Haven’t seen anyone volunteer to pick up June??? If you’re hesitating, please jump in!!

If no one is available, I can do it, but may miss a couple of days due to travel.
I’ll take June on.

Thank you both for offering. I'd be pretty sad if our group ever disbanded due to a lack of hosts. Our little group is one of my most favorite things about the DISboards, and I love seeing it grow whenever someone new finds it. I can't remember how long I've been here, but I know I'm healthier and happier because of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!