The Music of Disney May Exercise Challenge

upload_2019-5-24_14-15-29.jpeg

No color changes today, but we did move up a couple of % points as a TEAM. Maybe this long weekend will inspire some active minutes! Oh, how I wish we were going to be at the beach this weekend! BonnieF, if you go, please dip a toe in the surf for me.

Remember the Star Wars dueling violin video from earlier this month? I have another cover from the same artist to share. Unfortunately, this video for today's Disney song is as close to the beach as I'll get this weekend:

He's a Pirate, composed by Klaus Badelt, is the theme song from the Pirates of the Caribbean films. Within the Disney Parks, it is also featured in:

Celebrate the Magic
Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland
Happily Ever After
Ignite the Dream: A Nighttime Spectacular of Magic and Light

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

Last edited:
DnulrwMWkAEUePw.jpg

I just realized we are exactly one week out from the end of May, and we need a host for June. For one month, you, too, could be the recipient of heartfelt gratitude for keeping us all on track as we strive toward a common goal. This prestigious and rewarding volunteer position requires the ability to type and use a calculator. Creativity is optional and most definitely not required. Applicants should apply by submitting their desire to host to this thread. Those interested are advised to neither dilly nor dally. In the words of our dear Mary Poppins, "Spit spot!"; the first to apply gets the job!

upload_2019-5-25_13-20-16.jpeg
Happy Memorial Day
Friday was a gym day, so 60 minutes to add (925/1000)
@Twilight Sparkle - I am planning a beach day, but would you be happy with just digging toes in the sand? The water temperature is 55 degrees!!! If we’re lucky, first swim is around 4th of July!

Well I got sick yet again a day after posting (THANKS DS, I WANTED THAT RIGHT BEFORE SCHOOL ENDS), but I have at least been walking as much as I can to at least get some fresh air, and minimize The Sickness going around the house. Over the last two weeks my DS, DW, and myself have been varying degrees of sick; I finally got rid of it two days ago, wife actually got pinkeye at the end of hers last week so yay.

Tally so far (looking at my Samsung S9 tally)
585/900 all walking. Starting DDP Yoga next Monday after I get paid

So sorry I wasn't able to update our numbers before the shut down yesterday. I logged on to do so and ended up getting that surprise. When the boards finally came up today, I had to head out the door and am just now back on the computer. Unfortunately, my brain is tired, and I don't want to mess up any minutes for anyone, so . . . all that to say, I haven't forgotten you all and will be back tomorrow to get us back on track. Good night!

A lazy weekend so far, just 40 minutes in the garden (965/1000). But any benefit was wiped out with the visit to the ice cream parlor last night ☺ But, we did have a celebrity sighting - Buddy Valastro from Cake Boss. He’s quite friendly and not stand-offish. Summer season at the shore has begun!
@sophy1996, thanks for sharing your wonderful trip. It sounded amazing! But there’s no place like home after a long trip!!

Still getting used to the changes that were made this weekend, so this update might take longer than usual. A couple of discoveries:

Pro - lots of emojis

Con - our text colors are limited and not very vibrant

Last edited:
Great job! So many color changes happened this weekend! Big congrats to GrandAdmiralStrife for jumping straight to Pat on the Back Purple :figment: , to MikeNamez, BonnieF, and PollyannaMom for moving into Rave Reviews Red :charac4:, to sophy1996 and Twilight Sparkle (me) for reaching Glorious Green :hmghost:, and to our TEAM for moving up to Perfect Pitch Pink princess:!!! (That was a lot - if I missed any, please let me know)

Catching up on our songs . . . I think I owe us three, so grab a beverage of your choice, sit back, relax, and enjoy!

This one never fails to lift my spirits, and it happens to be my ring tone. If you've seen the movie Tomorrowland or taken in Carousel of Progress, you know it and hopefully love it:
Anyone care to guess who wrote it?
The Sherman Brothers, of course!

Continuing with the whole "dream" theme:
This song is from the 2010 film Tangled, and was written by Alan Menken and Glenn Slater. Vocalists include:
Rapunzel (Mandy Moore)
Flynn Rider (Zachary Levi)
Hook Hand (Brad Garrett)
Big Nose (Jeffrey Tambor)
Pub Thugs
I've Got a Dream is also featured in the castle stage show, Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire, performed several times a day at WDW.

Finally, to round out the bunch:
A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes is from the 1950 film Cinderella. Mack David, Al Hoffman, and Jerry Livingston wrote it, and Ilene Woods was the vocalist. Later, Lily James gave it new life in the 2015 live action version of Cinderella:

A lazy weekend so far, just 40 minutes in the garden (965/1000). But any benefit was wiped out with the visit to the ice cream parlor last night ☺ But, we did have a celebrity sighting - Buddy Valastro from Cake Boss. He’s quite friendly and not stand-offish. Summer season at the shore has begun!
@sophy1996, thanks for sharing your wonderful trip. It sounded amazing! But there’s no place like home after a long trip!!
Yum! Ice cream! Celebrity sightings are always fun.

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

Just finished a 50minute walk on my lunch. It was too beautiful outside not to go.

690/750
Same to you! Send the beautiful weather down here, please. We are in scorching sun mode now. You'd never know we had had such a rainy winter and spring. The ground looks parched.

View attachment 403099
Happy Memorial Day
Friday was a gym day, so 60 minutes to add (925/1000)
@Twilight Sparkle - I am planning a beach day, but would you be happy with just digging toes in the sand? The water temperature is 55 degrees!!! If we’re lucky, first swim is around 4th of July!
Ha! Ha! Yes, toes in sand works, too, though I'd jump right in that 55 degree water! I might not stay in long, but I'd at least get in. It gets so hot here (already is) that I take cold showers all spring/summer/part of fall. I also used to swim in the cold, mountain rivers in the Smokies. That always felt so good after a hike!

Well I got sick yet again a day after posting (THANKS DS, I WANTED THAT RIGHT BEFORE SCHOOL ENDS), but I have at least been walking as much as I can to at least get some fresh air, and minimize The Sickness going around the house. Over the last two weeks my DS, DW, and myself have been varying degrees of sick; I finally got rid of it two days ago, wife actually got pinkeye at the end of hers last week so yay.

Tally so far (looking at my Samsung S9 tally)
585/900 all walking. Starting DDP Yoga next Monday after I get paid
Good to see you again! I was getting worried about you, and it sounds like I had reason to do so. Hopefully you are all well on the way to recovery now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter