The Music of Disney May Exercise Challenge

5/17- 17 minutes
5/18- 30 minutes
5/19- 17 minutes
5/20- 34 minutes

I just spent close to an hour pulling weeds and my watch didn't count any of it as activity minutes.

Do you want to count the hour? Pulling weeds is physical labor, IMO. I'm not going to add it yet since you didn't list it with the other dates and times, but please let me know if you want to count it. No one here would fault you for counting it towards your active minutes.

You know it... Spring cleaning is finished! Everything else is all done and paid now we wait for 18 days. I feel like the last year has flew by because we have been so busy now these last few weeks are going to crawl!

Don't tell anybody but I'm just as excited for the 2 weeks in Disney/Universal to follow! lol

Adding 40 min of cardio on Monday

510/750

Good for you! It might feel like the days are crawling by now, but that's so much better than being stressed out about getting everything done. Now you can just relax and enjoy.

What fun honeymoon plans!!!! I would be excited about that, too!

30 minutes in the garden this morning before the heat hit, then 60 minutes at the gym. (690/1000)
@sophy1996 , what a beautiful picture!! Your trip sounds wonderful!

Beauty and the Beast is so special for me - my daughter’s first Disney movie and her favorite. She wore her Belle costume till it fell off her! I’d love some sort of revue in Be Our Guest, too. I really dislike the way the Beast just pushes through on his way to the chair. It’s very unDisneylike and
un-enchanting.
I love the clip of the actors doing their parts, especially Jerry Ohrbach. I had the pleasure of seeing him on Broadway in 42nd Street - he was amazing! What a voice! He was a consummate stage actor.
I think the song that hooked me was Jiminy Cricket singing Encyclopedia. Lol!!! I still can’t spell that word without singing!!! The second is Someday My Prince Will Come- much to the dismay of my husband of 40 years!!! But I was quite young when I saw Snow White - rereleased ( I’m not that old!) and it just resonated with me.
On another note, is any one else missing Game of Thrones as much as I am?

We are probably the only people on earth who haven't seen GoT yet, but we plan to remedy that as soon as we finish watching Umbrella Academy. I've heard people are displeased with the ending of GoT, though, so maybe the show isn't worth the time now?

I love your Beauty and the Beast and Jiminy Cricket stories! And as for Someday My Prince will come, I actually ran across that last night while searching for more songs. It's a beautiful song!

Let's give a big round of applause to our latest color changer! ljcrochet has reached Pat on the Back Purple! Way to go!!!! :figment::figment::figment::figment:

This one is for BonnieF:

Like BonnieF said, this song is from the 1937 film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and was originally performed by Adriana Caselotti who was the voice and physical model for the animated Snow White. Frank Churchill and Larry Morey wrote the song.

Bonus video (warning: tiny child cuteness abounds):

+90, mostly walking around Unalaska, the location of Dutch Harbor, famous from The Deadliest Catch. Tons of eagles!

1295/1600

I was introduced to Disney through Mary Poppins (not on original release!). I still love almost every song from the movie, especially Feed the Birds and I Love to Laugh.

I've heard people are displeased with the ending of GoT, though, so maybe the show isn't worth the time now?
I was okay with the ending, but I felt the last season was rushed. But I loved the series - it is remarkable for so many reasons.
Thank you for Someday . . . I haven’t heard it in a long time! I do love so many of the new princess songs, especially How Far I’ll Go - the message to push your boundaries is important for us all.
I’ll add 30 minutes in the garden yesterday (720/1000). It’s amazing how mulch makes it look so lovely!

Do you want to count the hour? Pulling weeds is physical labor, IMO. I'm not going to add it yet since you didn't list it with the other dates and times, but please let me know if you want to count it. No one here would fault you for counting it towards your active minutes.
i think i want to count 20 mintues of the weeding. Plus an hour walk (with some running) so 80 minutes total for yesterday. Wonder if that means I can slack today lol

+90, mostly walking around Unalaska, the location of Dutch Harbor, famous from The Deadliest Catch. Tons of eagles!

1295/1600

I was introduced to Disney through Mary Poppins (not on original release!). I still love almost every song from the movie, especially Feed the Birds and I Love to Laugh.

Your trip just sounds better and better.

Mary Poppins had a great score! I have that soundtrack plus the one from Mary Poppins Returns and I never get tired of them.

Two more color changes! Congrats to BonnieF and ljcrochet for reaching Perfect Pitch Pink! :ccat::ccat::ccat:

We have a couple of other members very close to this color change, too, so keep up the good work!

Because sometimes laughter really is the best medicine:

Another Sherman Brothers treasure, this song features the voices of Julie Andrews, Dick van Dyke, and Ed Wynn.

Speaking of the Sherman Brothers, I found this quiz about them and their music. I haven't taken it yet, but just glancing at it, I think I won't do very well.

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/blogs/disney-buzz/2016/03/24/quiz-sherman-brothers/

I got 3 :rolleyes2
It was a great day to go to the beach - still a ‘locals’ day before the season starts. We took a nice walk after lunch so another 25 minutes today!! 805/1000
We’re going to the city tomorrow - my numbers are just going nuts! :ssst:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!