The Music of Disney May Exercise Challenge

No color changes today, but our TEAM moved up a couple of percentage points, so I'll count that as a win.

Yesterday we learned that Under the Sea is based on The Beautiful Briny from Bedknobs and Broomsticks, so I thought it would be fun to feature that one today. "The Beautiful Briny" is a song written by the Sherman Brothers [gotta love the Sherman Brothers!] from Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Professor Emelius Browne (David Tomlinson [Mr. Banks from Mary Poppins]) and Miss Eglantine Price (Angela Lansbury [Mrs. Potts from Beauty and the Beast]) sing it while in the Naboombu Lagoon and getting comfortable there." (Disney Fandom)

110 minute hike yesterday evening ending with a fantastic unexpected viewing of a nighthawk feeding frenzy over the lake at dusk. Our daughter wasn't with us, but since she's our bird lover, I'm taking her tonight to hopefully give her a chance to see them. My husband counted at least 50 nighthawks last night. I was too mesmerized to count them.

940/1860

That sounds amazing!

I love Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Especially the Portabello Road song.

+50

980/1600

Second stop in Japan, also on Hokkaido. One of the cool things there are the red-headed cranes that were thought to be extinct-but it turned out there still were a few in the marshes.

A busy day but not a very active one - 20 minutes walking (480/1000)
I haven’t seen Bedknobs and Broomsticks in ages! I loved how Angela Lansbury’s skirt barely moved in the dance sequence!

That sounds amazing!

I love Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Especially the Portabello Road song.

+50

980/1600

Second stop in Japan, also on Hokkaido. One of the cool things there are the red-headed cranes that were thought to be extinct-but it turned out there still were a few in the marshes.

30 minutes since my last post

275/500

Bedknobs and Broomsticks is one of my favorites as well!

A busy day but not a very active one - 20 minutes walking (480/1000)
I haven’t seen Bedknobs and Broomsticks in ages! I loved how Angela Lansbury’s skirt barely moved in the dance sequence!

So glad I could provide a Bedknobs and Broomsticks fix for all of you! : )

Please join me in welcoming a new member to club Pat on the Back Purple! Congrats to PollyannaMom!!
:figment::figment::figment:

The weather is warming up here and making me long for the cooling drenching of Splash Mountain, so our Disney song of the day is:

This song was originally featured in the 1946 film Song of the South when it was performed by Uncle Remus. Zip a Dee Doo Dah is the only part of that film that continues to be actively marketed, most notably in the song's use on Splash Mountain.

Wish we were all at a park riding Splash Mountain together right now! We're already almost 90 degrees here today.

Hokkaido sounds wonderful! DD and I will have to research those cranes. How great that they've been spotted again.

They have a nature reserve with a resident population (including sick and injured cranes that are being rehabilitated) and then wild cranes fly in and out as well. The first crane we saw at the reserve was a wild crane that was just hanging out.

+45

1025/1600

Sailing up toward the Kamchatka peninsula of Russia. It’s definitely not hot here! 90 is nearly double what we have. But at least it’s sunny!

Congrats to BonnieF for being the latest member to reach Pat on the Back Purple! :figment::figment::figment:

Our TEAM is 502 minutes away from the same color change, so let's see if we can get this done over the weekend.

Speaking of weekend, Happy Friday!

966a1867da9a9828845eab1e55d83df8.jpg

So, send you weekday worries packing and:

This song is, of course, from the hugely popular film Frozen (released Nov 27, 2013) and can also be heard on the Frozen Ever After ride in Epcot's Norway pavilion and at Hollywood Studios in the Frozen Sing Along show (highly recommend - especially the holiday version). Let It Go features the vocals of Idina Menzel and the writing talents of Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez. Demi Lovato also recorded a version of Let It Go.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!