The Music of Disney May Exercise Challenge

No color changes so far today, but

Happy-Cinco-De-Mayo-En-Espanol-4.jpg

To help us get in the spirit of the day, I offer the theme song from one of my most favorite ways to chill in Epcot:

And for those who wish to memorize the lyrics so you can serenade your boat the next time you're on this ride, I found a sing-along version:

5/5 23 minute workout

Yikes! hopefully it was too bad to clean up and fix

At least we don't have any carpet in the house. I think the wood is going to be okay. The ceiling, though. Ugh. That section will have to be cut out and replaced. We have to wait until tomorrow to see if this is even covered by insurance, and if it is, is it worth paying the deductible. The AC will have to be repaired or replaced, we think. We've turned it off for now. That's probably not covered under insurance, but DH did say he just added a rider a few months ago that might cover it. We'll have to see. Of course this happened on a weekend. The water dumped all over DD's gaming pc set-up, multiple monitors, voice acting mic, nice headphones, etc. The only thing that no longer works is the keyboard. I don't know how the rest of it survived, but so far they all seem to be working. We've instructed her to use it heavily until tomorrow just to make sure. Her response "I've got this!". We have, of course, rearranged her room and nothing except bare floor is in that area of the room now. Hopefully this doesn't ever happen again, but I think that part of her room will remain free of belongings from now on.

At least we don't have any carpet in the house. I think the wood is going to be okay. The ceiling, though. Ugh. That section will have to be cut out and replaced. We have to wait until tomorrow to see if this is even covered by insurance, and if it is, is it worth paying the deductible. The AC will have to be repaired or replaced, we think. We've turned it off for now. That's probably not covered under insurance, but DH did say he just added a rider a few months ago that might cover it. We'll have to see. Of course this happened on a weekend. The water dumped all over DD's gaming pc set-up, multiple monitors, voice acting mic, nice headphones, etc. The only thing that no longer works is the keyboard. I don't know how the rest of it survived, but so far they all seem to be working. We've instructed her to use it heavily until tomorrow just to make sure. Her response "I've got this!". We have, of course, rearranged her room and nothing except bare floor is in that area of the room now. Hopefully this doesn't ever happen again, but I think that part of her room will remain free of belongings from now on.

Wow - glad most of the computer survived! And best of luck with the insurance. (We need a "fingers-crossed" emoji.)

90 minutes at the gym today and 30 yesterday doing some spring cleaning - many trips up and down the stairs. I think I need to downsize
(185/1000)
@Twilight Sparkle - what an awful mess! So glad no one was hurt!
Really enjoying the music!
The Colbert show was a lot of fun! The warm up guy poked a little fun at various audience members, and he had fun teasing my husband about his thick white hair. Hootie and the Blowfish were on - they were terrific!

Last edited:
90 minutes at the gym today and 30 yesterday doing some spring cleaning - many trips up and down the stairs. I think I need to downsize
(185/1000)
The Colbert show was a lot of fun! The warm up guy poked a little fun at various audience members, and he had fun teasing my husband about his thick white hair. Hootie and the Blowfish were on - they were terrific!
What fun! We’re going to see Hootie in August! Christmas present from my daughter.

What a mess! Hope insurance comes through for you.

Happy Monday, everyone! Our team made a good deal of progress over the weekend. I'm happy to report 2 individual color changes - piglet1979 and BonnieF - and our first TEAM color change! Welcome to club Bravo Blue!

It's a new day, a new week, and a chance to start fresh, so put any troubles aside and enjoy our latest Disney song. This one is from The Lion King and features the talents of Elton John, Tim Rice, Nathan Lane, Ernie Sabella,and Jason Weaver. Be sure to watch closely because supposedly one of the bugs Timon pulls out of a knothole is wearing Mickey Mouse ears. I've watched that part a few times and still haven't caught it, so please be sure to post if you spot them:

And, in case there are any fellow royal watchers or anglophiles here, I'm offering up a bonus song in honor of Baby Sussex's birth today. He's rather far from the throne, but I still can't pass up an excuse to share an additional gem from The Lion King:

Wow - glad most of the computer survived! And best of luck with the insurance. (We need a "fingers-crossed" emoji.)

Thanks! Yes, we were lucky in that regard. She bought every piece of equipment herself so I was pretty sad for her when I thought it was all a loss. So glad it wasn't!

A fingers crossed emoji would be so useful on these boards. It would probably be the most used option for watch threads, ADR's, etc. We definitely need one!

(185/1000)

Downsizing, yes! I want a one story house with nothing that has the potential to leak (except for a roof, I suppose! LOL!) located above our heads. (Too bad we don't have basements here) Stairs offer such a great exercise opportunity, though. Pros and cons to everything.

Thank you! Yes, thankfully no one was there when it happened.

So glad you like the music! I'm having so much fun choosing one each day.

I love Hootie and the Blowfish! How fun it must have been to see them in that setting.

Last edited:
What a busy month for all of us!
I'm popping in to add 145 minutes for the first several days of May.
15 from walking my dog the other day, 20 from walking at the mall on Saturday, and 110 minutes to really get caught up today (30 walking on my lunch, a 20-minute walk with the doggy, and 60 minutes on my bike).
Really enjoying the musical inspiration!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter