The MURPHYS are LIVE from the Yacht Club!!! (3/19 - 3/27)

I'm new here. I believe this is my first post, and I just wanted to say I'm really enjoying your live trip report. I have your Travel Channel special saved on my DVR and watch it all the time. I can't believe how much your boys have grown! You have a beautiful family. Thanks for the honest review of the Yacht Club. Have you ever stayed CL at AKL? I would love to do that someday.

AKL CL is one of my favorites. We've done it twice, once in a savannah view bunkbed room, then again in a one bedroom villa. Both times the CL staff and food offerings were amazing. They went above and beyond to make us feel special. The kids got all kinds of special treats the first time we went, and then the second time (dh and I's 10th anniversary - the trip report is linked on page 1) they gave us really cool gifts. :) The only downside is the lack of nightlife or things to do around the resort, other than that it's one of my favorites.

I'm glad you liked our show :) we had so much fun making it, sometimes it's impossible to believe it has been six years!!!

Hi, again. One more question. Can you let me know where that cute picture of your DS with the UP balloons was taken? TIA:goodvibes:goodvibes

There is a meet and greet with the characters from UP inside the Animation area at Hollywood Studios. When we were there (EMHs) the characters were already gone for the day, but we went ahead and let DS take a pic with the set. :) It LOVES that movie. We are going to try and get over there again to see Doug. ;)

Love the report. Just what I needed to read on my packing break...we leave Friday!!! Can't hardly wait.. :cool1:

Pack a little bit of everything. We've had warm days and cold nights. I regret I only brought one pair of pants and two sweatshirts. ;)

I have a question that maybe you can answer from your experience staying at the Boardwalk. My DS27 will be arriving at the hotel around 6 p.m. flying in from California on 11/28/10 (the first day of our trip) and the rest of us will be arriving around noon. I know it's a long time away but we were all trying to figure where to go our first day when he arrives. This will be many of the kids' first trip and he hasn't been to WDW since 1997 when he was 15. I wanted to go to Epcot (someplace close) so we could enjoy the afternoon and have lunch and then when he arrives, have dinner at Teppan Edo around 7:30 pm and then watch Illuminations. A couple of my kids suggested going to Epcot in the afternoon and after he arrives, head over to HS to eat at Mama Melrose's and then hit some rides since HS usually stays open til 11 pm in the past couple of years. I'm trying SO hard not to plan each day but I sort of have to to take in the parks late at night or EMH. I want everyone to have a great time and see as much as they can in the 6 days we'll be there. Has it been easier for you to just go with the flow? (I should insert here that he is a vegan so not sure what he can eat at Teppan Edo besides vegetables and Mama Melrose's has a couple of items on the menu I know he would like)

Epcot Pearl Suggestion
To the person that posted earlier about the epcot pearl..We did it last summer and it was priced about 17 if I recall correctly. What I did though for THIS trip this summer was buy a PEARL CAGE on ebay. Super cute, found DD a frog one and includes a chain and I got myself a sterling silver one that is a key with a chain. I think they were around 6 and 10 each? So when we get the pearl this summer I will bring them with me and pop the pearl into our cages and put on the necklaces.Just a thought - cheap too!:goodvibes

There is a meet and greet with the characters from UP inside the Animation area at Hollywood Studios. When we were there (EMHs) the characters were already gone for the day, but we went ahead and let DS take a pic with the set. :) It LOVES that movie. We are going to try and get over there again to see Doug. ;)

This is my DD17 favorite movie (at this very minute) and she just loves Doug. DS14 and DD17 know quite a few lines from the movie and this is the dinner conversation.

Once again, thanks and enjoy your day. Looking forward to more, more, more.:yay::yay:

Just read the report and jumping in. We had the show you were on recorded on our dvr and it was our favorite special we had. Had is the key word. On our last trip to Disney last month I did not check future recordings and it ran out of room. The special got erased. I know my wife will be happy that I found this report. Have fun.

Good Morning and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!! :cool1:

We are having a fantastic trip, after spending the day at SAB yesterday we decided to hit DTD. Youngest DS bought a Lego set and our oldest DS got an Airzooka. Today the sun is shining and it looks to be beautiful! :goodvibes High today 77, local news said it will be the most beautiful day so far this year for central Florida, HOORAY!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

We just had breakfast in the lounge and I have to say I am really tired of the same thing, luckily we had a Pooh breakfast yesterday to break up the monotony. Bread is always banana nut, they always serve cinnamon rolls, the kids have been hoping for donuts one day but none so far. They've been having cereal every morning.

We are headed to AK, then Epcot tonight for Le Cellier and Illuminations. :lovestruc

I have a question that maybe you can answer from your experience staying at the Boardwalk. My DS27 will be arriving at the hotel around 6 p.m. flying in from California on 11/28/10 (the first day of our trip) and the rest of us will be arriving around noon. I know it's a long time away but we were all trying to figure where to go our first day when he arrives. This will be many of the kids' first trip and he hasn't been to WDW since 1997 when he was 15. I wanted to go to Epcot (someplace close) so we could enjoy the afternoon and have lunch and then when he arrives, have dinner at Teppan Edo around 7:30 pm and then watch Illuminations. A couple of my kids suggested going to Epcot in the afternoon and after he arrives, head over to HS to eat at Mama Melrose's and then hit some rides since HS usually stays open til 11 pm in the past couple of years. I'm trying SO hard not to plan each day but I sort of have to to take in the parks late at night or EMH. I want everyone to have a great time and see as much as they can in the 6 days we'll be there. Has it been easier for you to just go with the flow? (I should insert here that he is a vegan so not sure what he can eat at Teppan Edo besides vegetables and Mama Melrose's has a couple of items on the menu I know he would like)

I'd probably just stick with Epcot. It's in close walking distance to the Boardwalk and since it's your first day you guys will probably be tired. Teppen Edo would be fun, we love it there. I wouldn't count on the Studios being open late until you know for sure. A lot of times they close early. :)

Epcot Pearl Suggestion
To the person that posted earlier about the epcot pearl..We did it last summer and it was priced about 17 if I recall correctly. What I did though for THIS trip this summer was buy a PEARL CAGE on ebay. Super cute, found DD a frog one and includes a chain and I got myself a sterling silver one that is a key with a chain. I think they were around 6 and 10 each? So when we get the pearl this summer I will bring them with me and pop the pearl into our cages and put on the necklaces.Just a thought - cheap too!:goodvibes

Thanks for the tip about the cages. I'll check that out. How was the quality though?

the pics. are so cute!:goodvibes That UP set is really neat! TIA for checking things out for me by the way. Oh, and since I had not read any of your previous reports and went back and checked some of them out. Also didn't know of your "celebrity" I had seen that special in the past but went back and watched the whole thing on YouTube!:thumbsup2 I'm jealous of the people who have it saved on their DVR...is it ever on Travel Channel anymore?

:bday: Hope you have a magical day! I am glad you reported that you were getting tired of CL breakfast. We are staying CL in the summer at the Poly and AK. I have one more ressie to make and thought breakfast would be a good idea to break up the constant cereal each morning.

Loving your live report!

Erika

Happy Birthday!!!!!
I hope today is extra magical:wizard: Plenty of sunshine, warm weather, short lines, lots of laughter, big hugs from your kids, and fab-u-lous food....not necessarily in that order;)

Happy Birthday!:flower3::flower3::flower3:

Hope you are having a great day, have loved reading about all your touring. Hope the weather continues to be beautiful.:yay:

Checked the Marketplace (beach club) and they did not have whole wheat english muffins, only the regular ones.

Thanks! My kids only eat whole wheat bread/english muffins. I guess I'll pack some in our luggage in case they aren't on board with the CL offerings (my oldest doesn't like muffins, or pastries, or bagels, and he will only eat Golden Grahams cereal). :rolleyes1 The youngest will be ecstatic that he gets to have muffins and fruit for breakfast for a week, though. ;)

princess:Happy Birthday!!!party: I hope you are having a great day. It sounds like the weather is perfect. Sit back and enjoy being Princess of the day.princess: Thanks for all the updates, and the info on the crossbody bag. I will have to check it out.

Hey Everyone!!!!!!!!!! :)

My birthday has been a whirlwind of FUN!! :thumbsup2 We spent the day at AK, did the safari, EE, Dinosaur, Tri. Spin, ate lunch at Yak and Yeti, the weather was GORGEOUS and the crowds were managable. :goodvibes We came back to YC around 2:00 PM to rest, well I thought I was going to rest but ended up doing laundry. Five days worth of dirty clothes for 4 people can REALLY add up. So laundry on my birthday, LOL, not exactly fun but it was needed. ;)

We ended up canceling Le Cellier and doing California Grill instead. WOW, what an amazing meal!!!! :cloud9: We had a wonderful bottle of wine, sushi appetizers, then the filet for dinner, oh, and they surprised me with a free dessert!! YUMMMMM :lovestruc We had a window table for WISHES which made for a perfect birthday meal. :woohoo: It was soooo awesome you guys. :)

TONS of pictures coming, but for now I am exhausted!

Tomorrow morning Epcot! Only three days left!!! :guilty:

Oh, almost forgot, I went down and got the list of movies playing on the beach:

Sunday: Herbie Fully Loaded
Monday: Fox and the Hound
Tuesday: Finding Nemo
Wednesday: Bedtime Stories
Thursday: Enchanted
Friday: Mystery Movie Night
Saturday: The Princess and the Frog

Oh, I just remembered about the snack credit info, I will have to get that tomorrow.

Anything else I can research for anyone???

Goodnight!!!! :wizard:

Belated Birthday Wishes to you! It sounds like you had an awesome day. So glad the weather got better. Enjoy the next three days and keep the updates coming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter