The MURPHYS are LIVE from the BEACH CLUB (3/24-3/31) Now at the CONTEMPORARY ;)

Was just reading on the Theme Parks Strategies board, though, that MK was gridlocked in the afternoon and had insane wait times, probably owing to the taping and some areas of the park being shut to the public. Did you experience any of that?

They were filming on Main Street yesterday when we were there. It was between 3:00-6:00. I'm not sure what they filmed earlier that day. But if they filmed rides I'm sure it made the waits longer. I can remember when they filmed us on splash mountain. It took about 2 or 3 hours just to do that one ride. That stinks for the people waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

AK not too crowded today. We did our fastpasses for dinosaur and Everest. Now just finishing lunch at flame tree. :) Next we have safari fp's.

I have to say, the castmembers who are working the FP+ kiosks have the patience of Job. Just the few conversations I've overheard I think I would lose my mind trying to explain it over and over to people who don't understand. One castmember did tell me park hopping would soon be added, not sure how reliable that info is.

It's chilly today , definitely won't be swimming this afternoon.

We canceled Ohana and booked the fork & screen for tonight. The kids were begging. They think it's just the coolest thing ever. I'm a little bummed because I wanted to get over to the poly to see some construction. But maybe it would be too depressing.

Headed back to BC. :)

The sun never did come out today, they said high of 76 but it feels colder. But actually I don't mind a cloudy day. It was very pleasant to walk around.

Buses have been great so far this week. We've gone to mk and ak without any problems or long waits. The buses seem empty compared to how they were in our last trip in January. Maybe the full onset of spring break hasn't hit down here yet. ;)

I noticed the shops at AK had all he same frozen toys and souvenirs as I saw in Epcot yesterday. Still no sign or plush or rag dolls.

I will check around DTD tonight to see what they've got down there. The boys desperately want an Olaf. ;)

I can remember when they filmed us on splash mountain. It took about 2 or 3 hours just to do that one ride. That stinks for the people waiting.

Feeling clueless over here. Just jumped in to your trip report... clearly have no idea...

Why were you filmed??

Now just finishing lunch at flame tree. :)

We canceled Ohana and booked the fork & screen for tonight.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm Flame Tree... Would love to branch out and try something new there, but we both LOVED it so much and I'm going to have a hard time NOT eating there again this go-round.

What is Fork & Screen?

AK not too crowded today. We did our fastpasses for dinosaur and Everest. Now just finishing lunch at flame tree. :) Next we have safari fp's. I have to say, the castmembers who are working the FP+ kiosks have the patience of Job. Just the few conversations I've overheard I think I would lose my mind trying to explain it over and over to people who don't understand. One castmember did tell me park hopping would soon be added, not sure how reliable that info is. It's chilly today , definitely won't be swimming this afternoon. We canceled Ohana and booked the fork & screen for tonight. The kids were begging. They think it's just the coolest thing ever. I'm a little bummed because I wanted to get over to the poly to see some construction. But maybe it would be too depressing. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

What's the fork and screen?

What's the fork and screen?

It's at the AMC downtown disney. You can order dinner while you watch a movie. The seats are really nice, big comfy recliners. They have a full dinner menu and bar. :)

We've had a bit of an unraveling here today. The boys have reached their maximum tolerance with each other in this tiny room, our oldest has been sick the last two days, and the lack of internet has only made things worse. We've decided to move to the contemporary tomorrow. We will check out in the morning. The beach club is a great resort, but I knew when we didn't get the daybed and our room was so small it was going to be difficult. I checked every morning to see about moving but they've been unable to offer us anything else. If we had a chair in the corner or any other small bit of space to get them separated we'd be fine, but with the dormer we lost all of that corner area. It just feels a bit claustrophobic.

The split stay will be fun and give us a change of scenery. :thumbsup2

Loving your report so far. Glad you don't think the parks are too crowded, as easyWDW says spring break is in full force this week. And the rooms at the BC are a good bit smaller than at Poly or CR, so good thing you're moving. One question: Did you cancel your ADR at 'Ohana yesterday, or did you cancel today and thus get the penalty charge?

Holy Heffalumps!!!! How did I miss this??!!! Happy Birthday..er..uh...happy BELATED birthday!!

Loving your report so far. Glad you don't think the parks are too crowded, as easyWDW says spring break is in full force this week. And the rooms at the BC are a good bit smaller than at Poly or CR, so good thing you're moving. One question: Did you cancel your ADR at 'Ohana yesterday, or did you cancel today and thus get the penalty charge?

I canceled it last night , so no penalty ;)

703D162E-ED7C-46B4-B0E6-E4EAFE22ADDC_zpsgarn7no0.jpg

44C3A65C-695C-4AA5-AC60-C67B8B9BF4CC_zpsu1kj8zdd.jpg

I think the animals like a cloudy cool day :)

Can't wait to hear about Fork and Screen! Sorry about the room situation at BC :(, but I'm excited to hear about your experience at CR. We just switched our resort from GF to BLT so we can have more space!

I agree with you about the BC dormers being small and there were 5 of us.

It will be a nice change of scenery to move over the MK area. Enjoy the rest of your trip.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter