The Muppets Presents Great Moments in American History at MK starts October 2nd Schedule Post #67

I am really excited about this. Just wish that it was going to be ready when we are going down in September, but oh well, we will catch it the next year. I love the Muppets!

I LOVE this! I think the Muppets have been a missed opportunity in the past with Disney & I'm glad they are starting to take advantage of their reach. They may even start a new generation of fans if they do it right & can continue to expand the brand.

What are the chances we could experience this on our last day October 1st?? Dang!

You could find a spot down by Pecos Bills. It tends not to be as crowded there
Yeah, but I don't love the camera angles down there. My spot in Liberty Square has given me the best photos. Oh well, this is all still several months away

Muppets do not need to be in Liberty Square. I love them, but the theme of that land is perfect already.

Muppets do not need to be in Liberty Square. I love them, but the theme of that land is perfect already.

I don't understand this...They are going to be outside HoP?
They are going to be on the second floor of the Heritage House, performing from the windows
I think that disney is trying to get people to spend more time at liberty square while promoting a brand that they are trying to bring back

This sounds wonderful to me, my ONLY complaint is that it isn't supposed to open until fall, and we will be there in August. I was really hoping it would at least be in testing while we were there, but this makes it sound like testing might happen later, perhaps in September.

I'm kind of on the fence about whether the Muppets belong in Liberty Square, especially if they are going to be doing sort of an outdoor show (a completely indoor attraction would be different). I feel like this could either be really loud and annoying or really loud and funny :)

I guess if you want the "real thing" Philadelphia would be the place to go ;) And the tourism industry there would probably love to have the Muppets shouting out the windows of Independence Hall if they could.

Casting call has gone out for Jefferson James, town crier.
Jefferson James: male improvisational actor (must portray 20-30 years old) who sings, 5'10" and taller, to be James Jefferson, “JJ”, Town Crier of Liberty Square. JJ is a Revolutionary history buff who delights in sharing his knowledge of the Colonial era and Liberty Square with anyone who will listen, and he has teamed up with his good friends Sam Eagle, Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy and others to share some great moments in American history!

Hoping this is going to start before October 5th - we leave on the 6th. Another site suggested a start date of October 2nd but don't know whether or not this is just speculation.

Hoping this is going to start before October 5th - we leave on the 6th. Another site suggested a start date of October 2nd but don't know whether or not this is just speculation.
It's a rumor at this point. Nothing official yet

Does anyone have any idea how long they are going to be there? Think they will still be around Nov 10? I know it says "fall" and November is still technically fall. but at MK, Nov is already Christmas season!

Does anyone have any idea how long they are going to be there? Think they will still be around Nov 10? I know it says "fall" and November is still technically fall. but at MK, Nov is already Christmas season!

The official website says it is a new year round addition to Liberty Square.

Somewhere, last night, I saw read that Woody, Jessie, and another character would be leaving mk to make way for the muppets. Is that correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter