The Muppets Presents Great Moments in American History at MK starts October 2nd Schedule Post #67

yulilin3

DIS Veteran
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ey-world-resort-this-fall-in-an-all-new-show/
Beginning this fall, the Muppets will be visiting Magic Kingdom Park, where they’ll take part in an all-new live show, “The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History.”

Sam Eagle, the fiercely patriotic American eagle who is forever trying to set a high moral standard for the Muppets, will join Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, The Great Gonzo and James Jefferson, town crier of Liberty Square, as they gather outside The Hall of Presidents to present historical tales in hysterical fashion as only they can. From the midnight ride of Paul Revere to the signing of the Declaration of Independence, the Muppets appear throughout the day to share with Guests, their own unique take on the founding fathers and the birth of the United States of America.

Featuring an original song and plenty of wacky Muppets humor, “The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History” will make its debut in October 2016.
sdij23r13.jpg

Last edited:
I'd prefer they keep characters out of Liberty Square, but I realize I'm in the fuddy-duddy minority on this.

If they're going to put characters in LS, I'm OK with this general idea, so long as they're not messing with HoP itself.

I'd prefer they keep characters out of Liberty Square, but I realize I'm in the fuddy-duddy minority on this.

If they're going to put characters in LS, I'm OK with this general idea, so long as they're not messing with HoP itself.
They are going to be on the second floor of Heritage House (old gift shop) and performing from the windows up there,at least, that's what I've heard.

I assume it's a puppet show? There's not going to be a human-sized Kermit, I would hope.

I don't mind characters in Liberty Square (#bringbackNaveen)

I do mind the Muppets being in Liberty Square. Keep them in Studios. Preferably in an area that I can avoid completely, not yelling out of windows above my favorite parade viewing spot

I don't mind characters in Liberty Square (#bringbackNaveen)

I do mind the Muppets being in Liberty Square. Keep them in Studios. Preferably in an area that I can avoid completely, not yelling out of windows above my favorite parade viewing spot

You think they'd be yelling out of the window during the parade?

You think they'd be yelling out of the window during the parade?

Not during, the speakers can only play one thing at a time. But I would absolutely expect them to be going before. That area has planter seating on one side, shade, and the handicap seating on the other which means lots of people sitting and waiting - It's almost a captive audience so why wouldn't they plan a show during that time?

This sounds fun! Although I wonder if it's going to be temporary since Studios is supposed to be getting a new Muppets area? Oh well at least it's something new for me to go see in an area we usually don't spend much time in.

I wonder if this will open the first week of October? Wondering if we're going to just miss it or not. Any ideas of when in October?

Based on the general reception, this will probably be wonderful for others.

For me, this will not be fun and entertaining. It is putting a property that I am not personally a fan of into my favorite area of Magic Kingdom (an area that I spend many hours in every week).

How the rest of the world seemed to feel about Froway is how I feel about this. I know it's not going to change anything, and it will probably lead to me finding a new 'spot', but it is what it is

Will it be a live puppet show or automated figures with a soundtrack?

Would be kinda cool if live. They could interact with guests watching/walking by below the windows

Will it be a live puppet show or automated figures with a soundtrack?

Would be kinda cool if live. They could interact with guests watching/walking by below the windows
Will almost certainly be an audio soundtrack. The Muppets voices are very specific and not something that can be duplicated with random other performers. The puppets themselves may be handled live.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter