The Muppets Mayhem Is a Brand New Series Coming to Disney+

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
https://www.ign.com/articles/the-muppets-mayhem-disney-plus-series-announcement
The world-famous Muppets are returning to Disney+ for a brand new comedy series called The Muppets Mayhem, starring Lilly Singh in the human lead role.

According to the Disney+ announcement, The Muppets Mayhem will take audiences on "a music-filled journey" as The Electric Mayhem Band swaps the stage for the studio to record their first-ever album with the support of a young music executive named Nora (Lilly Singh) who will manage and wrangle all of the mayhem that comes from working with the group.

The old-school Muppet band will take the spotlight in the new series, with Dr. Teeth heading up the group's vocals and keyboards, Animal taking to the drums, Floyd Pepper on vocals and bass, Janice on vocals and lead guitar, Zoot on saxophone, and Lips on trumpet, as they rock 'n' roll their way through the current day music scene in a quest to try and finally go platinum.

"We are so excited to bring the story of The Electric Mayhem Band to the front and center of this new series. They've been entertaining audiences since 'The Muppet Show,' which debuted 45 years ago, so it's wonderful that these characters are finally getting to play lead rather than supporting roles," said David Lightbody, executive producer and senior vice president of Disney Live Entertainment and The Muppets Studio.

The Goldbergs creator Adam F. Goldberg developed the series with Bill Barretta and Jeff Yorkes based on characters created by Jim Henson. Goldberg and Barretta are executive producers, with Yorkes co-executive producing. Michael Bostick and Kris Eber also executive produce alongside David Lightbody and Leigh Slaughter of The Muppets Studio.

Because....Disney doesn't do overlays of existing rides??? Loved Aerosmith - 30 years ago.

This has been bandied about before, but I am not sure Disney would put The Muppets IP on a roller-coaster of that intensity. RnRC is geared for bit of an older audience - not that any age can't love the Muppets, but I mean the "target demo," you know? I remember when everybody was complaining that 7DMT wasn't very intense - what did they expect from a Snow White ride in Fantasyland? If they rethemed Aerosmith, they would probably do it with an IP that skews older, like Marvel or other action/adventure type property, or just another musical act really.

This has been bandied about before, but I am not sure Disney would put The Muppets IP on a roller-coaster of that intensity. RnRC is geared for bit of an older audience - not that any age can't love the Muppets, but I mean the "target demo," you know? I remember when everybody was complaining that 7DMT wasn't very intense - what did they expect from a Snow White ride in Fantasyland? If they rethemed Aerosmith, they would probably do it with an IP that skews older, like Marvel or other action/adventure type property, or just another musical act really.
One word, Incredicoaster. They themed California Screamin' to a (kid friendly) family of superheroes, chasing a baby, eating cookies.

Will have to see how this series turns out, but I am optimistic, and it will definitely skew older than the Incredibles target audience. Dr. Teeth & Electric Mayhem are a ROCK band, after all. I just see so many great opportunities; Dr. Teeth telling us to put our heads back as we launch, Janice saying "GROOVY" as you go through the corkscrew, Animal breathless at the end of the ride, the merch! OMG! THE MERCH! Can't wait to be wearing a Dr. Teeth concert T in DHS. AND, Disney already owns the IP; no licensing fees, no limits like they have on the Marvel characters. It seems like such a no brainer.

One word, Incredicoaster. They themed California Screamin' to a (kid friendly) family of superheroes, chasing a baby, eating cookies.

Will have to see how this series turns out, but I am optimistic, and it will definitely skew older than the Incredibles target audience. Dr. Teeth & Electric Mayhem are a ROCK band, after all. I just see so many great opportunities; Dr. Teeth telling us to put our heads back as we launch, Janice saying "GROOVY" as you go through the corkscrew, Animal breathless at the end of the ride, the merch! OMG! THE MERCH! Can't wait to be wearing a Dr. Teeth concert T in DHS. AND, Disney already owns the IP; no licensing fees, no limits like they have on the Marvel characters. It seems like such a no brainer.

I will disagree in that I think The Muppets skews younter than THe Incredibles. While certainly The Incredibles movies are family friendly, they are closer in tone to Marvel stuff than to The Muppets, due to theri inherent action/adventure nature. That said, any Muppet fan knows that they are not always that family friendly, with a little tongue-in-ceek innuendo leaning into The Muppet Show back in the day, but I don't think Disney sees them that way.

So, who's been watching it? It's so good!
ME!!
On track 7 currently. Will prolly finish this weekend.
I have been enjoying it. I grew up on the Muppet Show, it was so good, the odd mix of guests, the humor, watching it again with adult eyes is always fun now (bought the DVDs). even though I loved the Muppet SHow.... I never 'grooved' to the various movies like I did with the variety show format... something about the Muppets in a story format just was not as much fun for me. I enjoyed them, but not like I did with those Sunday nights.

I watched the first episode of the Mayhem and kinda was like hmmmmm is this going to be like the movies for me.... but now I am very much 'groovin'. I love the little 'joke' snippets at the beginning... and OMG.... dont get me started on those marshmallows LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Would love a retheme of a certain coaster in HS... I would certainly make it worthwhile with my spending if they had EM and more Muppet merch to match.... I NEED A LOUNGEFLY ELECTRIC MAYHEM!!!!!!!!!!

ME!!
On track 7 currently. Will prolly finish this weekend.
I have been enjoying it. I grew up on the Muppet Show, it was so good, the odd mix of guests, the humor, watching it again with adult eyes is always fun now (bought the DVDs). even though I loved the Muppet SHow.... I never 'grooved' to the various movies like I did with the variety show format... something about the Muppets in a story format just was not as much fun for me. I enjoyed them, but not like I did with those Sunday nights.

I watched the first episode of the Mayhem and kinda was like hmmmmm is this going to be like the movies for me.... but now I am very much 'groovin'. I love the little 'joke' snippets at the beginning... and OMG.... dont get me started on those marshmallows LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Would love a retheme of a certain coaster in HS... I would certainly make it worthwhile with my spending if they had EM and more Muppet merch to match.... I NEED A LOUNGEFLY ELECTRIC MAYHEM!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'm about at 7 too - good stuff. I love Zoot - he's always been my favorite. He just plain doesn't know where he is.

"These marshmallow's expired in 1991!"
"Oh, good. We still have time." 🤣

You gotta just love the Mayhem's philosophy for living.

Yeah, I'm about at 7 too - good stuff. I love Zoot - he's always been my favorite. He just plain doesn't know where he is.

"These marshmallow's expired in 1991!"
"Oh, good. We still have time." 🤣

You gotta just love the Mayhem's philosophy for living.
Love Zoot!!! LOL although I was always an Animal gal..... Lips is so growing on me. I like how this show is expanding the backstory of these characters. Some like Animal were always popular and made frequent appearances, but other band members did not have as much "screen time". I am enjoying learning about how the band came about.

I think it was the Seattle, Wa Music museum... Pop Culture now? that had a great exhibit on Jim Henson and the Muppets. Remember going to that back in 2012 or so while at a conference (American College of Sports Medicine)... really nice museum with fun exhibits.

I just finished it - perfect cameo in the last episode! It was all so good.

We watched it over 2 days when it premiered and loved it. Like the Muppets and thought the trailer looked decent but it was even better than I expected. My DH who isn't a big Muppets fan was laughing sometime during each episode.
"Muppets Mayhem starring Dr. Teeth and Electric Mayhem" sounds like a great name for a roller coaster.
Don't necessarily want the theming to change over there, but if it had to I always thought making the end of that street a new Muppet land (and then retheme/remove the old Muppet studios area).
Dr. Teeth replacing Aerosmith for the coaster as mentioned, and the Tower of Terror becoming a Muppets ran hotel, and their shenanigans are what cause the elevator to go out of control. Could add in a new dark ride or updated MuppetVision when the Lightning McQueen show is too.

Sounds like I've got a lot to catch up on. I really love the Muppets 4D at Hollywood Studios and I watch the Muppets Haunted Mansion every Halloween. I'm glad to know this show is good. I'm going to give it a try next time I'm feeling the blues 🤣

I just finished watching the rest of the episodes. I hope there is a season 2
I enjoyed getting to know The Mayhem plus the non muppet characters. The episodes were so enjoyable and fun to watch.

I just finished watching the rest of the episodes. I hope there is a season 2
I enjoyed getting to know The Mayhem plus the non muppet characters. The episodes were so enjoyable and fun to watch.
it sounded like the door is open for a season 2 story wise,
as now the album is finished, they are going on tour

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter