the mummy

reefnut

Mouseketeer
i havnt been to us/ioa if a few years so cant wait to ride the mummy. my gf isnt really into coasters so was wondering what would you compair the mummy to as far as speed and crazyness? more like the hulk,dd or more of a spacemountain type thing. thanks

when you go thru the regular lines for the mummy, be sure to check out everything on the walls and around you.

it is part of the story line.

the ride itself is part story and coaster in the dark.

very unique !

the coaster portion is like any other small type of coaster ride.
up and down hills at a good speed.

it is nothing to terrified over.

there are no loops on this ride.

tell your gf that she will enjoy the ambiance and theme of the ride but the coaster will go at a fast speed after you leave the last room.

when you go thru the regular lines for the mummy, be sure to check out everything on the walls and around you.

it is part of the story line.

FONT]

Do you miss a lot of this going through the express line? Would you recommend going through the regular line the first time even if it means a long wait?

Thanks!

Do you miss a lot of this going through the express line? Would you recommend going through the regular line the first time even if it means a long wait?

Thanks!

i stay on site and use the fotl for the express line.

but, i always hit the mummy when it first opens in the morning so i can see everything in the regular line.

you really do miss a lot when you by pass the regular line.

i love the table that is along the way in the line and the "secret" button....

if you have never done the regular line, and if the line is less than 20 minutes, go for it.

here are things you miss if you do not use the regular line.

I made a list from what other posters have said over the years to enlighten you of what is in the "regular" line.

The airblast in the ROTM queue can only go off every 30 seconds. There is a scarab and a "magic mirror." The "mirror" shows people on a bridge ahead of you in line. When the scarab turns bright blue, you can put your hand on the scarab. This will cause an air blast to the people on the bridge. Reactions vary.

Someone on each side has to put their hands on in order to get the MedJai symbol to light up above you. The air gun only works when the blue light is on.

when inside the mummy line, push the large button and watch the monitor.

when you push it, people on the "bridge" around the corner will get a blast of air.
also, when you see the table in the waiting line, have someone go to the other side of the table. both put your hands on it at the same time.
look up at the ceiling to see what happens.

Both are in the fist part of the temple queue. There's a HUGE box with a hand print on each side. Touch one side and it rumbles. Touch both sides and wait for something to appear overhead. The magic mirror with a blue scarab is in the same part of the queue. When the scarab is bright blue, touch the scarab to deliver the air blast.

In the next part of the queue is the holographic key to the book of the dead. If you try to reach straight-in, you get an air blast and the room goes dark for a few seconds.

Revenge of the Mummy -

*KONGfrontation, the building's former attraction, managed to leave several references in the Mummy ride. In the queue, keep your eyes peeled for several bananas scattered about.

*There are also some large gorilla hyeroglyphics near the giant Anubis figure.

*As you wind through the dark corridors at the beginning of the ride, look closely at the people from the crashed train. One of them is wearing a hat that says "Kong Rules".

*In the Treasure Room scene, wait for the treasure to light up, then quickly look to your left, near the middle of the piles. You should see a golden statue of King Kong himself.

*There are ride vehicles hidden in the dark Coaster portion of the ride, including some E.T. Bikes. When the lights flash revealing the mummies, look quick and you might spot them.

*There is a small rectangular chamber in the tomb portion of the queue. To the right as you enter there is a hole with treasure. Try to grab it.

Thanks!

but, i always hit the mummy when it first opens in the morning so i can see everything in the regular line.

if you have never done the regular line, and if the line is less than 20 minutes, go for it.

Cool! Thanks, we will do the same. :upsidedow

The Mummy goes pretty fast at one point. It kinda scared me & I really do not like coasters.

i havnt been to us/ioa if a few years so cant wait to ride the mummy. my gf isnt really into coasters so was wondering what would you compair the mummy to as far as speed and crazyness? more like the hulk,dd or more of a spacemountain type thing. thanks

reefnut, i just thought of something that might help you on your question.

the mummy coaster ride is totally inside of a building.

if you look at the building outside, you can see how tall it is.
the coaster ride does not go to the top of that building.
i mean, when you are on the ride, you can't look up and touch the ceiling inside.

maybe if your gf sees how the height of the building is, that will relieve her fears.

you have sections where the ride moves quickly from one room to another.
it then stops in those sections. it moves forwards and backwards for those rooms.

at the last room, the actual coaster portion of the ride begins.

maybe you could find a youtube on the ride?

it is nothing like the Hulk or Dueling Dragons on coaster force or action.
you move around in the mummy building like you would for the spiderman ride in that building.

if your gf still refuses to ride, go early in the morning and be the first in line to ride it. that way she won't have a long wait for you when you ride it.

she can also go through the line with you and do the chicken exit at the point where you would be loaded on the ride.

girlfriends are nice to have, but the mummy ride is worth having her wait for you to ride it......::yes::

Good ride... Hybrid dark ride/coaster. Its faster then Space mountain but isnt all that fast. Tell her to ride it atleast once.

I am the biggest coaster chicken and I love the mummy and everytime we go to Universal the mummy is a must do cause for some reason I love the ride and even got oldest DS hooked on it and even DW will humor me and ride it.
All I have to do is get youngest DS to ride it now :lmao:

FYI...a.the Mummy doesn't jump out of the coffin at the beginning anymore. They just have some stupid face portrayed on the coffin.:confused3

FYI...a.the Mummy doesn't jump out of the coffin at the beginning anymore. They just have some stupid face portrayed on the coffin.:confused3

yes, i noticed this too when i rode it. it might not mean much to some but i liked the mummy jumping out of the coffin so that was a little let down when i saw that.

damn..................

10.gif

yes, i noticed this too when i rode it. it might not mean much to some but i liked the mummy jumping out of the coffin so that was a little let down when i saw that.

I wonder when that started? We were just there in July and he was still
coming out of the coffin
I have never been thru the regualr line of the Mummy since we always stay onsite. I will have to do it next time
One of my fav rides! :thumbsup2

I know that happens when the ride is having "technical difficulties" but normally he comes out. I guess the mummy unions are wanting too much money and Universal is trying to save some money. :confused3

The Mummy is not scary to me at all. Like everyone else has said, there are no loops. It does go pretty fast at some points, it's all fun. It a very tame rollercoaster. I would compare it most to Space Mountain I guess. It is nothing like the Hulk.

The ride is fast, but as long as you know where the backward part is, it isn't that bad, kind of like space mountain...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter