The Much Anticipated Bubba's Mom's Pictorial Trip Report To Universal-June 2007

The other hilarious part of the show, is the interpreter for the hearing impaired. She sits up front just off-stage, and boy did they have fun with her! Some of the signs were practically X-rated.... :rotfl2: Some of the "signs" for what they were saying, had everyone rolling in laughter! I mean, the audience, the interpreter AND the peeps puttin' on the show. I didn't find it too "PG13" and Bubba laughed at all the jokes...even tho most of them went over his head!

My DD princess: :worship: (who, as I mentioned before is a sign language interpreting major)thought this was hilarious. We were wondering if you remembered any of the "act" - we want to see if she knows any of THOSE signs:rotfl2: If not, I will have to pay special attention during my trip (sorry, traveling w/o the kids these days) since you convinced me to add UO/IOA back onto our itinerary.

:ssst:
My DD princess: :worship: (who, as I mentioned before is a sign language interpreting major)thought this was hilarious. We were wondering if you remembered any of the "act" - we want to see if she knows any of THOSE signs:rotfl2: If not, I will have to pay special attention during my trip (sorry, traveling w/o the kids these days) since you convinced me to add UO/IOA back onto our itinerary.

You won't have to pay special attention...as they just may make it part of the show (as they did w/ us). I can't remember what he was talking about because the "sign" didn't seem to "go" with what he was saying.... but the "sign" was looking like a reference to a h*** job! :eek: All in all...a good show with a lot of laughs....I was kinda disappointed when they DIDN'T say "this isn't Disney, we don't have to be nice to you" :guilty: Oh well...maybe next time....

btw...are you reading at work again....

You busted me for reading at work today:surfweb: when the boss is away.............:dance3:

Most likely no reference to their show not "being like Disney" because they knew that a special someone was in attendance::MickeyMo ???? Was this the day he tagged along with your family:rotfl:

I wish you brought Mickey to the show- they would have given you some stick for it!

Okay homies.........

DAY 4......Friday, June 29.....DIS meet day! :disrocks:

Well, got off to a late start today....can't remember why though! DBIL & crew were already at the parks before we were up and finished breakfast! DH & DS were about ready to go by the time I finished in the shower, so I sent them ahead (they really get no joy out of watching me get ready...I'm rather boring that way :rolleyes1 ). So, not too long after they left, I quick called DH on the phone and told him Bubba's AP was in MY badgeholder :headache: Luckily, they only got as far as Margaritaville! I went down and met them where the path from RPR meets the walking path to the parks (I ran because I felt bad I forgot I had it!) So, Bubba has his AP, we say our good-bye's, they head off to IOA to meet DBIL, I head back to the room to finish getting ready.

I headed over to IOA about noon and didn't encounter very long lines at the entrance. Once inside, I called DH to find out where they were. He said they were over at Popeye, so I started my way there. As I walked over the bridge to Marvel Island, I was passing a couple and overheard part of their conversation.... He says to her, "You mean to tell me, they have a :charac4: ride here?" :lmao: I just smiled, shook my head, and kept walking. As I passed Spiderman, I did a double take, because the EP line looked backed up to the entrance.... I think it was, and based on the time of day, it wouldn't surprise me. (I did notice that whenever EP lines backed up, they didn't stay that way long...so, we'd move on to something else and come back later.) When I arrived at Popeye, DS & DH were there, waiting for everyone else to ride Popeye. (For some reason, Bubba wasn't in the mood to get wet?) So, when everyone came back, DH went on the ride with them while DS and I went atop Me Ship the Olive to squirt them! While up on top of the ship, we saw Popeye & Olive Oyl in the distance for photo ops.... but, they were too far for me to get a picture of (they were in the shade of the trees back away from the ship --off to our right). It was the end of their session anyway, and they walked arm in arm back to wherever it is they go to "decostume". After "our" raft went by, we headed back to the exit to wait for them. I offered to take a family picture for a family that just got off Popeye....it was the least I could do, since I just squirted them from Me Ship the Olive! :rotfl:

After Popeye, we headed toward JP, stopping on the bridge to plunk quarters in the water cannons and nail the poor, unsuspecting souls :rolleyes1 . There is something seriously wrong with seeing grown men jump up and down with excitement after nailing someone..... Colin must have saved his quarters for a long time to have so many..... We probably spent a good 15-20 minutes there (this time!)...So much time, that DSIL got pretzels and drinks from the nearby snack stand to munch on! :rotfl2:

After Colin about exhausted his supply of quarters, we continued on to Jurassic Park. Some of the kids went to the Splash Zone, while others went to ride (with the intent to get wet). They came back relatively dry....failed attempt at more wetness!

After JP, we headed over to Enchanted Oak to eat. We ate outside on the rear patio, because the inside was full! It was about 1:30, and the place was packed! I do believe Donna had stopped at Pizza Predattoria to pick up some pizza for some of the kids and and salads . Nobody said anything to her...so, guess what they don't know, isn't hurting them....of course, we did manage to still buy a lot of food there. After sitting awhile under the "umbrellaed" tables, it started to drizzle :umbrella: and we all moved "under cover" (under the eave of the restaurant roof). Knowing I was going to the DIS meet shortly, I opted not to eat there.

At 2:15, I decided to head to Margaritaville for the meet. I said my "cya laters" and headed out. Since I was "against" traffic at the POE, I decided to exit thru the Traders gift shop (which, I recommend all the time...simply to avoid walking "into" traffic...and if you're leaving during the day, not only are you not walking into a bunch of people walking IN, it's also air conditioned and not crowded--> unless you are leaving at the end of the day). It took me 15 minutes to get to the exit of IOA from Enchanted Oak.

I arrived at Margaritaville just after 2:30, and MetroWest, Letsbgoofy! & NashvilleTrio (disguised as NashvilleDuo) were already there waiting for me :rolleyes1 We were waiting on Kew80 & scrappyannie, melanie230 & keishashadow yet. After a bit, we figured Kew & annie weren't coming...they were probably doing the "birthday thing", keishashadow arrived and I called melanie230. I left Melanie a voice message and we all decided to get a table because it was 2:50pm. I never connected with her that day. :sad2:

We were seated in the corner by the surfboards and ordered drinks and munchies. (Somehow I missed Melanie's call, so I called her back and left her a message; turns out, she lost track of time, and got "stuck" in Terminator!) NashvilleTrio & her hubby Greg had the nachos, MetroWest had Cheeseburger In Paradise Letsbgoofy! & her hubby Patrick had the crab & mushroom dip and I had the chicken quesadillas, and keishashadow just had a Landshark lager.:drinking1

We all had a good ole time chattin' :chat: about the people here on the DIS, the Disney vs. Universal topic, strategies, Janet's AP issue, strange things seen and heard at UO, and just about the DIS and ourselves in general. It was just like chatting on the boards, only we got more yakin' in cuz we weren't typing! :laughing: My DH stopped by to take our picture on his way back to RPR from IOA. I tried to convince him to sit in on a picture, since he is technically a DISer....(lilkintnerboy), but he wouldn't go for it. :sad2:

Our meet ended about 4:30, and everyone resumed their vacation...except for MetroWest (who "cut" work that day FOR the meet)...he went to have some fun ;) . I returned "home" to RPR to find out our gang was heading to HRH pool for some swimming (RPR pool was closed due to "protein spill" :eek: :rotfl: ) I didn't feel like swimming, but I headed to HRH with everyone. Since we are a party of 16, we walked it.

We grabbed 4 tables at the Beach Club at the HRHand ordered snacks and drinks. Beach Club PIC. MENU: 1, 2, 3, KID MENU, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8,9, 10 and 11.
After Bubba did about 45 slides on the slide, it was time to eat "dinner". Someone ordered nachos, and someone ordered wings. My DSIL ordered the big salad, DH got the wrap, DBIL got the quesadillas, the kids chicken, the kids pizza, the kids grilled cheese, and the boys got mozarella stix. I do believe we are missing a bunch of pictures of food, but DH was in charge of the camera, and I'm not sure if everyone else didn't eat, or were full from snacks earlier, or we just missed their food? Our group. The kids end of the table.

After dinner, the kids went back to swimming, and before we knew it, the Dive-In Movie was about to start. Our server told us the movie was going to be Chicken Run, but it was switched to the SpongeBob Movie. Before we knew it, we were staying for the whole movie! Now it was about 9:30pm and I was getting chilly (& tired) sitting by the pool that night...so I ordered a hot chocolate! :drinking1

After the movie, we paid the bill (we all took turns picking up the tab...tonight was our turn....and boy was Grumpy upset!) Our bill for the 16 of us came to $421 :faint: (including tip). They even (generously) broke down the bill for us: food $148, liquor $51, wine $71, beer $62 and non-alcoholic drinks $13. Can ya tell the family are drinkers??? :rolleyes1

After we paid the bill, we strolled back to RPR.....after we got our stroller back from the lady at the next table who stole it from the entrance to the pool. :mad: (I knew something was up when I noticed she had a tot with her, and left the kid w/ husband, and reappeared a while later with a double stroller. She had conveniently flipped the part where your name is, up, so you couldn't see whose it was. If she had been smart, she would have taken the slip of paper out with our name on it, and trashed it...but, she didn't.) So, back "home" we go......

When we got back to the room, Bubba got showered off, got a snack, and tucked into bed to look at the pictures from the day.

I did a quick TR on the laptop and realized that I did not ride one single thing all day today :headache: ...had the meet, sat at HRH pool through end of Dive-In movie and headed "home"..... oh well......there's always tomorrow to ride! :thumbsup2

Speakin' of ..... stay tuned for Day 5! :goodvibes

excellent:thumbsup2

Bubba has a case of bed head:lmao: , how did he ever get it under control? Good thing his mom's a professional.

No wonder you looked so pulled together @ the meet, you hadn't rode anything;) . Come to think of it, i believe i was the only drenched rat.

Hey, you forgot to mention my guys, they checked in briefly before the meet...secretly think DH was thinking i was hooking up:rotfl: ; course he'd never admit it...tee-hee. It really was fun!

I cannot believe i forgot about the pool movies (again - d'0h); never crossed my mind.

excellent:thumbsup2

Bubba has a case of bed head:lmao: , how did he ever get it under control?

:ssst: water bottle and if that don't work, the 'big guns' come out....curling/flat iron! :laughing:

I'm actually used to that head of hair...it looks that way everyday! :guilty:

No wonder you looked so pulled together @ the meet, you hadn't rode anything;) .

I got up late, and by the time I joined everyone, they was riding wet... i try to stay away from wet rides in a white shirt....kwim?

Hey, you forgot to mention my guys, they checked in briefly before the meet

I'm sorry.... :hug: i can't remember them checking in....i only remember them from the last day :confused3

I cannot believe i forgot about the pool movies (again - d'0h); never crossed my mind.

not something I would make a point of seeing...but, "goin with the flow" :rolleyes:

love reading your trippies.

i'm glad....but it's only 1 trippie....just many days :goodvibes

cute little sign in bubba's pic/siggie

thanks....it's from Bubba Gumps restaurant...some of the decor....it was a wooden board that said, "Bubba was my best good friend" ...i loved it, so, p/s it into pic of him "pouting" at CW (facing HR)

board's kinda quiet w/o gemma around....ain't it??

and where's Tracie and her Beans??? she had better bring a note! :snooty:

Another fun installment.

So, you watched the Spongebob Movie? I can practically recite along. DS5 goes in and out of Spongebob phases and I've seen the movie... oh... 2 or 3 HUNDRED times.

I must admit, I still chuckle at the David Hasselhoff bit near the end.

Looking forward to Day 5!

Holy crap. How did I miss the entire TR? You have again, gone above and beyond. Bubba is such a sweetie!

Holy crap. How did I miss the entire TR? You have again, gone above and beyond. Bubba is such a sweetie!

Nah....you didn't miss the entire thing...I've only posted up to Day 4.... 2 days to go yet! :rolleyes1

Barb-
Where did you find that badge holder with the self-reeling thingy? (don't know what it's really called)

That's very cool!
melissa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter