• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Most Magical Time of Year in the Most Magical Place on Earth! Nov. 2010 NEW 4/5!

So sorry about your camera card. I can't believe they couldn't retrieve your old pictures. :confused: That is one of my fears on vacation. I like the idea of bringing my old camera. Then your battery goes low too. That actually happened to me during the MVMCP parade the battery just died. Luckily I was able use my phone.

The food looks good at CP. Great pics with Tigger and Piglet. At least you can see your favorites soon.

We stayed at the AKL for the first time, just a pool view, and loved it.

It's hard to believe the little card just died like that. :confused3 I have no idea why it happened!

We stayed at AKL on our previous trip and really enjoyed it. :thumbsup2

DAY 2 – Pt. 4

On the walk from Crystal Palace to Frontierland, I had a bit of a bounce in my step. I was actually really excited to ride Splash Mountain for the first time!
2753227f.jpg

2f8e627d.jpg

We handed over our Fast Passes from earlier and quickly made our way through the queue. Since we were FPing this one, I didn’t get a chance to really take in the new sights, but I loved everything I saw in the SM waiting area.

Eventually, it was time to board our log. By this time, I was starting to get nervous! The ride seemed so peaceful, but everytime we would go up an incline I asked Miguel if we were at the big drop. Of course he said yes everytime! Soon enough, we were at the big drop! I braced myself and…I loved it! It was just enough of a drop for a thrill, but not too big that it traumatized me. Here’s the ride photo!
2438bc85.jpg

Surprisingly, we didn’t get very wet, which was nice because it wasn’t that warm out. We thought about taking another ride on BTMRR, but Frontierland was getting pretty crowded!
a4465621.jpg

By this point, we were ready for a break and decided to head back to the hotel. We both wanted to get out of our semi-wet clothes and I was dying to charge my camera!

On the way out of the park, we stopped for some photos…
3abb44ba.jpg

5a5d50ac.jpg

And to admire some more of the sights on Main Street
d588c47e.jpg

d3b3ffbd.jpg

On our way out we noticed the monorail was up and running again, so we chose that method as our way back to the TTC.
a5a40754.jpg

95e1946a.jpg

4a224806.jpg

I love getting to see the GF and the Poly up close on the monorail!
82b2343b.jpg

dc7d95a8.jpg

bffab8d8.jpg

When we returned to POR, we mostly rested for a few hours before we decided to head back out to the park. We gave my camera some time to charge and I (unfortunately) worked on some homework, and then we decided to venture out.
1076e199.jpg

602ab013.jpg

dbfc5c75.jpg

56bd01da.jpg

3743ba33.jpg

Normally, I love driving to the parks, but this particular night I got the urge to take the bus. We made our way to the depot where we waited for probably about 20 minutes before boarding a bus to the MK. We would later find out that this was a very good decision…

Great update. The ride on Splash Mountain looked like fun.

Boo to having to do homework at the hotel. I've been in that position before, and it's not fun.

Yay! Glad you enjoyed Splash. Like I mentioned earlier, that is one of my favorites!

I hope you and Miguel had a wonderful Christmas :santa:

Splash is great-- glad you liked it!! Ooo, what a cliffhanger-- can't wait to hear why taking the bus was a smart idea. Hope you had a nice holiday!

Great update. The ride on Splash Mountain looked like fun.

Boo to having to do homework at the hotel. I've been in that position before, and it's not fun.

Thanks! :goodvibes I really enjoyed Splash Mountain - much more than I thought I would!

Yeah, I wasn't too excited about the homework. Unfortunately I had an essay final to finish. :sad2:

Yay! Glad you enjoyed Splash. Like I mentioned earlier, that is one of my favorites!

I hope you and Miguel had a wonderful Christmas :santa:

It's a favorite of mine now, too! We had a wonderful Christmas! Thanks so much for asking! :goodvibes

Splash is great-- glad you liked it!! Ooo, what a cliffhanger-- can't wait to hear why taking the bus was a smart idea. Hope you had a nice holiday!

I loved it! I can't believe I waited so long to experience it!

We had a wonderful Christmas! :goodvibes I hope you did, too!

I'm glad you finally got to ride Spash! It's so much fun! Although, now that I know it's impossible to ride anymore without getting wet, I'm always going to ride it last so I know I'll be leaving soon so I can go get changed! :rotfl:

I love the windows on Main Street, so cute! :thumbsup2 I love looking at the Poly and GF from the monorail too, makes me want to stay at those resorts someday! Especially the Poly! :lovestruc

your ride on Splash Mountain makes me want to brave it next time we go.... which, to my surprise on Christmas, is going to be in September 2011 :) YAY!!!! DH surprised me and our son with going again- this time with his dad, sister, and possibly brother!!! SO EXCITED!!!!

Can't wait to hear more about your night and trip on the bus to MK and why it was a good idea to take the bus!

Hope you and Miguel had a Merry Christmas too :)

Just stopping by to say that i hope you and Miguel had a very Merry christmas and that I hope you have a good new Year!! :goodvibes

I'm glad you finally got to ride Spash! It's so much fun! Although, now that I know it's impossible to ride anymore without getting wet, I'm always going to ride it last so I know I'll be leaving soon so I can go get changed! :rotfl:

I love the windows on Main Street, so cute! :thumbsup2 I love looking at the Poly and GF from the monorail too, makes me want to stay at those resorts someday! Especially the Poly! :lovestruc

I loved Splash! I can't believe I've never ridden it - it was such a fun ride! :goodvibes

your ride on Splash Mountain makes me want to brave it next time we go.... which, to my surprise on Christmas, is going to be in September 2011 :) YAY!!!! DH surprised me and our son with going again- this time with his dad, sister, and possibly brother!!! SO EXCITED!!!!

Can't wait to hear more about your night and trip on the bus to MK and why it was a good idea to take the bus!

Hope you and Miguel had a Merry Christmas too :)

You should try it! It was a lot of fun! :thumbsup2

I'm so excited for you!!! What a wonderful Christmas present! I hope you'll do a PTR for your trip! :goodvibes

Just stopping by to say that i hope you and Miguel had a very Merry christmas and that I hope you have a good new Year!! :goodvibes

We had a wonderful Christmas - thanks so much for asking! :goodvibes

im thinking about it lol
I would probably be more active on it then my delayed TR I'm still working on. I should just sit down a day i'm off and put the rest of the days up, but with DS time doesn't always come available hehe :)
I pry wouldn't start till 6 months in i think.... idk yet. I will let you know if i do though :)

im thinking about it lol
I would probably be more active on it then my delayed TR I'm still working on. I should just sit down a day i'm off and put the rest of the days up, but with DS time doesn't always come available hehe :)
I pry wouldn't start till 6 months in i think.... idk yet. I will let you know if i do though :)

Yay! I hope you do! :goodvibes

DAY 2 – Pt. 5

After a quick bus ride, we were back at the MK! We had no plans for this evening, which I was actually kind of excited about. Normally, I really dislike not having dinner plans. I’m ok with CS lunches, but I really prefer a TS dinner. Since I knew we would be having such a big lunch at CP that afternoon, I planned for us to just play it by ear for dinner. So with no plans other than the MSEP and Wishes, we were free to do what ever we wanted!
9d2a76a0.jpg

85441f9d.jpg

1b559870.jpg

We hung around at the front of the park for a while just taking pictures, until I heard a very familiar voice. Finally, I realized it was the Fairy Godmother! It was the castle lighting ceremony!

I had so hoped to see this since we missed it in January, but I honestly didn’t think we would make it back to the park in time so I didn’t stress on us seeing it. It kind of slipped my mind to be honest. As soon as I heard the voices though, I practically ran down Main Street, hoping the castle wasn’t fully lit. Miguel, who was a little confused, tagged along!

I was so excited when we waded through the people to find that the castle did not have its lights yet! We had made it in time!
8dbd94e0.jpg

We got as close as we possibly could, and then slowly, the lights appeared!
5705fed2.jpg

3ce50278.jpg

681a1332.jpg

d642e8a0.jpg

It was so magical and I’m so glad we got to see it!

Sine we were so close to the castle, we stopped for some pics with the PP photographer. Unfortunately, it was very crowded, so the shots didn’t turn out that great.
3e04c5dc.jpg

These turned out a little better, though!
86d91461.jpg

87397ba2.jpg

f60250e7.jpg

Up next, we had one thing on our mind – more Splash Mountain! That’s right – I loved it so much during the day that I wanted to ride it again – at night, when there was a chill in the air!

We walked right on and had a wonderful ride. This time though, we got soaked!
af9be891.jpg

By this point we were getting a little hungry so I suggested Pecos Bill’s since we were close by. This was a place we enjoyed back in January and I certainly didn’t mind eating there again!
d6c4e4c8.jpg

I had a cheeseburger, and Miguel chose the BBQ. Both were very tasty! Typical CS stuff, but they really hit the spot, plus, we love the fixins’ bar!
b17ec0af.jpg

b23f8826.jpg

After a yummy meal, I was feeling a little adventurous. It was time to experience something new…

Love the pictures! I have yet to see the castle lighting ceremony with the Fairy Godmother, we always miss it! I'm sure it's beautiful! The crowds don't look too bad that night, for being right after Thanksgiving!

Haha, love the pics with the statues! :thumbsup2

You're brave for going to Splash at night when it was cool out...I wanted to when we were there, but I wasn't chancing getting soaked! :laughing:

Can't wait to see what you did next!

Great update! Glad you made the lighting ceremony-- it looks just beautiful! Definitely a goal of ours to visit during the holidays and see it.

love the pictures!!

Thank you! :goodvibes I see you have a trip coming up soon - I hope it's magical!

Can't wait to hear more.

Coming soon! Thanks for joining in! :goodvibes

Love the pictures! I have yet to see the castle lighting ceremony with the Fairy Godmother, we always miss it! I'm sure it's beautiful! The crowds don't look too bad that night, for being right after Thanksgiving!

Haha, love the pics with the statues! :thumbsup2

You're brave for going to Splash at night when it was cool out...I wanted to when we were there, but I wasn't chancing getting soaked! :laughing:

Can't wait to see what you did next!

I was really surprised we made it - I wasn't expecting to at all. I would like to see it all the way from the beginning, though.

The crowds definitely weren't as bad as we were expecting. We did very well while we were there managing them. :thumbsup2

Splash at night might not have been the best idea, especially since we got soaked and it was starting to get cold! But I just had to ride again!

Great update! Glad you made the lighting ceremony-- it looks just beautiful! Definitely a goal of ours to visit during the holidays and see it.

Thank you! :goodvibes I was so glad to get to see the lighting ceremony. I just wished we had been able to see it from the very beginning.

Great update! :thumbsup2 I'm so excited that you are a Splash convert!!! Also, happy to hear you made it in time for the lighting ceremony! :goodvibes

Yeah...for trying and loving SM! :cool1: Can't believe you did it again on a chilly night. How lucky making it to the lighting ceremony too. Staying tuned too see what the next "first" is.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter