The Most Expensive Free Banana EVER: A Tinkerbellarella PTR

Tinkerbellarella

DIS Veteran
Hi there! :wave2:

Miss me?

:sad2:

C'mon. You know you did.

::yes::

Tinkerbellarella is back. After years and years and years... Ok, really it wasn't that many years. Because then I'd be old. And I'm not. Old. I'm 36, which is SO the new 35, which was the new 21 last year.

All that to say, I think the last time I logged into the DIS was back in 2012. At that point, most of us were doing the FB thang and actually getting to see what we all looked life in 'real' life. Then, because we were all subscribed to (or in the new DISspeak, were watching) approximately 3,286 threads that we didn't have a chance of keeping up with, we simply gave up, unfavorited the Boards, and were full time riders of Mark Zuckerberg's social network train.

:moped:

Or social moped. Whatevs.

But Tinkerbellarella lurked from time to time. I missed the Boards. I missed my DIS peeps. I missed the countdown ticker in my signature. I missed my (still) unfinished trip reports. I missed referring to myself in the third person. Mostly, I missed writing. So finally, on a rainy Thursday afternoon, I said, "Forget this! I'm writing a pre-trip report (PTR)! Then I'm gonna write me a trip report (TR)! I'm gonna use my favorite smilies :hyper: I'm gonna use every single abbreviation I can! I'm logging in!" And that's JUST what I did. And the DIS greeted me with open arms:

Password is invalid.

Password is invalid.

Password is invalid.

Password is invalid.

Ok. It's been three years. And maybe I'm a little older-ish.

After wrestling with my memory and trying every password I've had since my 4th grade diary I did what any sane person would've done ten minutes earlier.

I reset my password.

So FINALLY Tinkerbellarella is BACK, with a new avatar (NOAKAvatarland). With a new countdown ticker in her signature. And with a new trip to write about.

Now, I know some of you don't know me. That's ok. We'll get to that. And then you might wish you'd never clicked on this thread, but really that's neither here nor there. I've got an awesome trip to write about and that's why you read the trip reports board, isn't it? It's not like you do it because you're some weird freaky stalker person.

:dancer:

Soooo creepy.

So let's get the housekeeping out of the way:

Who: Tinkerbellarella and a cast of completely lovable characters
What: a Disney trip, including runDisney's Princess Half Marathon weekend
When: Wednesday, 2/17/16 - Friday, 2/26/16
Where: Old Key West (OKW) and Pop Century (Pop)

I'm going to 'reserve' the next post as a 'chapter' index. That way, if you don't want to read all the idle chatter in between posts you don't have to. But you might want to. Because I like to have fun. And make fun. Mostly of myself.

UP NEXT: Oh how the times they have a'changed...

I'm here... following along... I promise to comment and not be a lurker :rotfl: or a creepy stalker :scared1::scratchin but you need to let me know when you post updates, you know on Facebook :rotfl2: so I can come over here and read what you wrote :jumping1: And Girl you are living my dream, like ten million years ago I set out to do the Princess half and have yet to do it, still... to this day. So you Go Girl! You'll be my inspiration to finally get off my lazy tush and do it.... you know one day :confused3

And Girl you are living my dream, like ten million years ago I set out to do the Princess half and have yet to do it, still... to this day. So you Go Girl! You'll be my inspiration to finally get off my lazy tush and do it.... you know one day

Ok, spoiler alert. I'm not doing the Half (though I do happen to have a bib for the Half - LOOONG story). I'm doing the 10K, though. ::yes::

Are you READY for the queen of multi quotes? Hold on to your butts.

Hi there! :wave2:

Miss me?

:sad2:

C'mon. You know you did.

::yes::

If anyone could get me back on the DIS? It's you.

Tinkerbellarella is back. After years and years and years... Ok, really it wasn't that many years. Because then I'd be old. And I'm not. Old. I'm 36, which is SO the new 35, which was the new 21 last year.

:::AHEM::: I'm five days older. We're not THAT old. We're vintage. Like fine wine. Only increasing with age....etc, etc. ;)

But Tinkerbellarella lurked from time to time. I missed the Boards. I missed my DIS peeps. I missed the countdown ticker in my signature. I missed my (still) unfinished trip reports. I missed referring to myself in the third person. Mostly, I missed writing.

Me too. And I'm so living vicariously through you on this.

So finally, on a rainy Thursday afternoon, I said, "Forget this! I'm writing a pre-trip report (PTR)! Then I'm gonna write me a trip report (TR)! I'm gonna use my favorite smilies :hyper: I'm gonna use every single abbreviation I can! I'm logging in!" And that's JUST what I did. And the DIS greeted me with open arms:

Password is invalid.

Password is invalid.

Password is invalid.

Password is invalid.

Ok. It's been three years. And maybe I'm a little older-ish.

After wrestling with my memory and trying every password I've had since my 4th grade diary I did what any sane person would've done ten minutes earlier.

I reset my password.

I got mine on the first try. And you KNOW how bad my memory is. I was so proud. :D

So FINALLY Tinkerbellarella is BACK,

in black? with a vengeance?

with a new avatar (NOAKAvatarland). With a new countdown ticker in her signature. And with a new trip to write about.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Who: Tinkerbellarella and a cast of completely lovable characters

Ooo! ME! Me, me!!!!

What: a Disney trip, including runDisney's Princess Half Marathon weekend
When: Wednesday, 2/17/16 - Friday, 2/26/16
Where: Old Key West (OKW) and Pop Century (Pop)

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait.

You know I was listening to BGM on Magical Mouse the other day and when Tomorrowland came on I totally started fantasizing about putting my feet up on the People Mover with you. :::sigh::: Bliss.

UP NEXT: Oh how the times they have a'changed...

Amen, sister. I can't wait to read this. :)

And also? I can't figure out how to make my replies all the same color. Oh, you wily Disboards, how you've changed on me. ;)

Part 1: Oh the Times How They've A'Changed...

Whether you know me, knew me, don't know me or clicked this link and are now trying to find the way out, I think a revised introduction to yours truly is appropriate. Necessary even.

Animal Kingdom, circa 2011
Hi. That's me. Nicole. Nikki. Tinkerbellarella. Tink. Auntie Tink. Auntie Nikki. Auntie Mickey. And Bish. (Don't ask about that last one.)

I'm 36 years young and I've lived in Southeastern New England my whole life. Roughly 1,300 miles too far from the mothership. And the other place in Orlando. The place that will not be named (NOVoldemort) but really has some pretty snazzy theming and experiences.

I work in downtown Boston, live about an hour away, I'm single and don't have any children...that aren't furry. I do currently have two children of the feline variety - Isabel and Oliver. It's not that I don't like kids. I do! I also like to give them back. ::yes::

Izzy is the big one. Oliver is the little one. He LUBS Izzy. Izzy...tolerates...Oliver...most of the time...a little.
I'm also an official godmother to two boys and a girl, honorary godmother to two other boys and a girl and, just this past October on her daddy's birthday, my very first niece arrived. Her name is Hannah. I don't want to splash pictures of her all over the internet but I mean c'mon. How can you not love the sleepy cheek/chin/lip pudge?! I've never ever fallen so immediately and perfectly in love with another human being before. She is my princess, my littlest BFF, and will be spoiled with Disney for her whole. darn. life.

I. Can't. Even.

Now the important stuff (kidding...mostly) - my first trip to Disney was at the hands of my grandparents in 1987. My second with them in 1992. Sadly, my gram passed and we never went back together again but it was too late. I'd been bitten by the bug (NObedbugs). I'd drank the kool-aid. I'd been pixie dusted. I've returned to the World (and once to DL/CA - which I barely remember due to trip drama) with friends and many, many times as a solo traveler, more than 20 times since 1992. I LUB me some Disney. LUB LUB LUB it. (And for those of you who don't know, LUB > LOVE > love > it's kinda alright.) I have a favorite resort in each category (Polynesian, Coronado Springs, Pop Century). I have a favorite drink (it's a Lapu Lapu - HALA KAHIKI!...OMG someone go get LL back on the Boards!). I even have a favorite bread (Kona Cafe, my GOD the bread, and that butter and once they even sent me home with a loaf and I may or may not have eaten it ALL for breakfast the next day).

Disney is magic for me. It's the place I can go and let loose my inner 7 year old. I can splash in puddles and have ice cream for breakfast. I can cry at fireworks and take a nap on the train. I can get up for a pre-dawn 'coffee walk' and not need an alarm. Disney is memories for me. It's where I can go and my Gram is still 'alive'. It's inside jokes like, "Where you live?" and "Watch out for Ginger, she snaps." It's where I imagine I will see my niece hug Mickey for the first time. Disney is home for me. It's where I sniff the air and identify anything that smells like the Poly lobby (RIP water feature). It's where I can let my feet take me wherever my heart wants without even thinking about it (I don't remember the last time I used a map). It's where coming from MCO it's called the Magical Express and going back to MCO it's called the Tragically Depressed.

And also? It's MY castle. I just let that chick in the blue dress who has NO respect for a good pair of shoes borrow it for a while. It's like DVC. Only I'm not getting paid for her usage. And there's no Annual Pass (AP) discount. Pffft.

For those of you who knew me when I was last on the boards, a quick primer of the last three years: I got rid of 200lbs of cheating, male mental baggage, moved 4 times, lost my sweet Dory kitty, gained a small, orange, fuzzy demon (see aforementioned photo) as well as a niece, ran my first 10K (panic attack and all), and have been to the world...hmmm...a half dozen times or so. I even rented a car on one of those trips and :gasp: LOVED IT! Though honestly the Disney buses, for all of their faults, still scream vacation to me.

I also have a new car. Her name is Baby. And she is NEVER parked in the corner. :car: (She's black though. And not a convertible. And I've gained some weight, but I'm not that round. Or jaundiced.)

So I *think* that's about all there is to tell about me. There are some other special guests on this trip, and I'll introduce them as we go along, but since you're having to read my drivel, I thought it might be worthwhile to get a little peek inside my life. I'm sure I'll share more. Probably too much. Too often. :teeth:

UP NEXT: Mommy? How are Disney trips born?

Last edited:
Well CARP.

Sit tight while I get the images to work.

WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO CHANGE? WHY CAN'T THE DIS STAY EXACTLY THE WAY IT WAS THREE YEARS AGO! YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ETA: Pictures fixed. Hissy fit complete.

Last edited:
Are you READY for the queen of multi quotes? Hold on to your butts.

If anyone could get me back on the DIS? It's you.

Oh, what....so SOME of us who've been here FOREVER and never LEFT........ what am I, dog food????!!

th

Well CARP.

Sit tight while I get the images to work.

WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO CHANGE? WHY CAN'T THE DIS STAY EXACTLY THE WAY IT WAS THREE YEARS AGO! YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ETA: Pictures fixed. Hissy fit complete.

Carp. I completely forgot to watch that this October!!

Here! Tried to get back into the boards a few months ago after a few year hiatus. Didn't last long. Will try to do better as long as you post FB alerts!

I haven't seen it yet either.
Confession: I'll take two hours of Chris Pratt over a 5 second shot of Jeff Goldblum's chest hair.
I hope we can still be friends.

I have a confession to make. I'm a little in love with Chris Pratt. As in while I was watching Jurassic World, I may or may not have been screaming BECAUSE YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO CHRIS, DANGIT!!!! Don't people learn to listen to Starlord? Anyway... :rolleyes1

That being said, Jeff is still hot. HOT. Also have you seen the Lego video game version of him? With chest hair and all? HILARIOUS! Must. Own. Game. Now.

And also? The left part of Kat. A sliver if you will. And this happens to be one of my favorite pictures of us EVER.

Izzy is the big one. Oliver is the little one. He LUBS Izzy. Izzy...tolerates...Oliver...most of the time...a little.

Izzy is the queen of resting bish face. Alice bows down to her prowess.

I'm also an official godmother to two boys and a girl, honorary godmother to two other boys and a girl and, just this past October on her daddy's birthday, my very first niece arrived. Her name is Hannah. I don't want to splash pictures of her all over the internet but I mean c'mon. How can you not love the sleepy cheek/chin/lip pudge?! I've never ever fallen so immediately and perfectly in love with another human being before. She is my princess, my littlest BFF, and will be spoiled with Disney for her whole. darn. life.

I still cannot wait to meet her. Soon! So soon!

Disney is magic for me. It's the place I can go and let loose my inner 7 year old. I can splash in puddles and have ice cream for breakfast. I can cry at fireworks and take a nap on the train. I can get up for a pre-dawn 'coffee walk' and not need an alarm. Disney is memories for me. It's where I can go and my Gram is still 'alive'.

I feel Mom and Nana there all the time. It's like they're still with me. And really, they are. Just like Gram.

It's inside jokes like, "Where you live?" and "Watch out for Ginger, she snaps." It's where I imagine I will see my niece hug Mickey for the first time. Disney is home for me. It's where I sniff the air and identify anything that smells like the Poly lobby (RIP water feature). It's where I can let my feet take me wherever my heart wants without even thinking about it (I don't remember the last time I used a map). It's where coming from MCO it's called the Magical Express and going back to MCO it's called the Tragically Depressed.

"Where you live?" OMG!!!!! I had almost forgotten that. That was epically awesome but having to go into that freezing cold room after being soaked was SO not. Let's not repeat that on this trip, eh?

UP NEXT: Mommy? How are Disney trips born?

RIP Wonders of Life.

Here! Tried to get back into the boards a few months ago after a few year hiatus. Didn't last long. Will try to do better as long as you post FB alerts!

I will my friend!

That being said, Jeff is still hot. HOT. Also have you seen the Lego video game version of him? With chest hair and all? HILARIOUS! Must. Own. Game. Now.

I think they need to make a plain old LEGO version of him, chest hair and all. How has that not happened yet?!

And this happens to be one of my favorite pictures of us EVER.

I love this one too :)

Izzy is the queen of resting bish face.

Oliver wouldn't leave her alone all weekend. Poor Izzy.

RIP Wonders of Life.

Straight up snortgiggle right there.

Part 2: Mommy? How Are Disney Trips Born?

If you're on the DISBoards there's a pretty good chance you're a planner by nature. Or by choice. Or by force (NOTheFORCE). Though occasionally you may make a last minute trip to the World, more often than not you're planning your trip a year...or three...out. (And there is NOTHING wrong with that, BTW. You're in the right place to be enabled to have 3 trips 'on deck').

Depending on the severity of your planning nature, just the idea of a spur of the moment trip might make you twitchy. :scared:

I did a last minute trip. Once. In 2012. Though that's not to say I wouldn't do it again because there is a certain kind of thrill about saying, "Um. I think I'm going to go to Disney next week."

That trip started with that thrill. Ended with some tears. And cussing. And for those of you who are friends with me on FB, that may have also been the trip of the cult sweatshirt.

I had a late morning flight. I hate late morning flights. I want to be off the ground by 7 a.m.
It was August.
It was 135% humidity.
It was at least 90 every day.
I stayed at the Yacht Club (YC) for 40% off...and BOTH rooms I was assigned left a lot to be desired (one shared a balcony with two other rooms; one was by the convention center, which received deliveries beginning at 4 a.m. EVERY. DAY).
I hurt my knee.
My flight home was delayed. Then further delayed. Then they delayed it one more time because they could. I got home around 1 a.m.

There were a lot of personal issues going on at home that also made this trip sucktacular but at the same time, not doing much planning didn't serve me well either.

As such, I've gone back to planning trips pretty well in advance. THIS trip has been in the planning stages since, technically, July 2014. That's not to say I haven't been to the World since then. It's just that that's when I registered to do the Half Marathon during Princess Half Marathon weekend 2015. Which, by January 2015, I was woefully undertrained for. So I deferred to do the Half during 2016 PHM weekend instead. But am not, and am now doing the 10K.

6.2 miles ::yes::

13.1 miles :sad2:

It's funny, being a runner and a Disney planner are a lot alike.
*You have to know your limits.
*You have to know what you like and what you don't like.
*You have to be willing to accept a certain amount of disappointment.
*You need to drink a lot of water and have a good pair of shoes.

I LOVE me some runDisney (rD) races. They spoil you for any other race ever. rD treats you like gold. The races, for the most part, have amazing scenery. All of that made me REALLY want to do a half. I mean, c'mon, running into the Magic Kingdom (MK) and turning the corner on Main Street by the Confectionary to have the Castle come into view and then to run THROUGH it! Pure magic. I was lucky enough to grab a spot at that corner as a spectator for last year's Princess Half and I can't tell you how many runners tear up as they are greeted with that sight. Some have to stop and shed some very real, joyful tears.

Unfortunately what I want and the amount of time I'm willing and able to commit to training are two VERY different things. I love to do 5Ks. I did my first 10K last January (also in Disney) and afterwards realized - I don't want to run further than that. I don't want to spend hours of my weekend training to run an additional 7 miles. Also, I'm not in any kind of shape to do 13.1 miles. I have a lot of weight to lose to make running easier and to not continually tick off my right knee. And left calf. And both hips.
So for now and the foreseeable future, I will do 10Ks. Believe me, that was tough to swallow. It's also tough to give up the $$ I spent on that half bib (you can't transfer bibs for rD races...legally, anyway, and I'm not much of a rule breaker). But I know what's right for me, as a runner. Or a plodder. Or a shufflefastwalker.

So, I may not have known it at the time, but the idea of this trip was conceived in July 2014. Due Date - Wednesday, February 17th, 2016.

Holy CARP. That's, like 19 months. Five trimesters down, 1 to go.

And THAT, my friends, his how Disney trips are born.

UP NEXT: There's No Place Like HOME.

Super excited we found each other again!! :) I'm working today and have an exam Wedenesday AM, but I'll be back to do all my catching ups very soon after that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter