The more I stay at OKW - the more I LOVE it!!

MELSMICE

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to Disney World we'll go. It'll be
Just returned from our 3rd trip home to OKW. The more I stay there, the more I am so very glad we chose it as our home resort.

I absolutely love the relaxing atmosphere. The bus service is great, we love the Turtle Pond area (we were in building 36 this time). In fact, I love EVERYTHING about it!

I am always the last one to leave our room when we leave Disney & I had a lump in my throat walking out the door. I was glad my family was already in the van so I could compose myself before I joined them. I miss it already & can't wait to go back again!!! :sunny:

Originally posted by MELSMICE
The more I stay at OKW - the more I LOVE it!!

fing01.gif
..................ssshhhh

That's so nice to hear! Don't own there but hope to stay there sometime. Many years ago, mom and sister rented a studio there from Disney and I visited their room, we were staying at CBR. I liked the little balcony with a water view that they had, don't remember much other than that, but I love water views.

In December we stopped by OKW to drop off the shared Christmas tree, and we took the boat to DD, that was a pretty, relaxing trip. It was all new to me, and we enjoyed it very much.

Bobbi:D

I am so glad to hear how fond you are of OKW. We own at BCV, but planned a last minute trip for early June and the only thing available was OKW. I booked that, but went on a waitlist for BCV. However, Dh and I decided that we would like to try OKW and cancelled the waitlist so I'm REALLY glad to read your post.
:D

I know just how you feel about OKW
We have owned since 1993 and WE LOVE OKW
We did stay at BWV once because we could not get into OKW IT was very nice however we LOVE OKW. We crusie on DCL every year since 2000 but we return to OKW ALWAYS after the cruise!
Lauretta

Same here - can't ever get enough of OKW - we like the other DVC resorts having stayed at them all but OKW is still our favorite. I hope we get a similar feeling at SSR!

We own at OKW also. The size of the accomodations is the single most appealing thing for me. We have stayed at BWV and are planning an Oct. trip to Saratoga. I enjoy trying out the others, but OKW is home. I know exactly what you mean about the lump in the throat! I know each time I leave that I will get to come back, but that doesn't seem to make it any easier. It is the only place on earth that I feel totally at peace.

I agree!!! My daughter and family own at OKW and HH and we have been fortunate enough to stay at all the resorts except BCV so far but I have to say my heart belongs to OKW. I love coming back from a busy day at the parks and enjoying the serenity of OKW.

We stayed in a 2br lock-off for 3 days last week (building 24) and loved it. My kids said that while VB is their favorite, that OKW and BCV are tied! I couldn't believe the size of the rooms as I had only previously stayed one night in a studio at OKW. Building 24 was great for my parents (they stayed one night with us) as they were able to walk to Olivia's without a problem. (that's saying a lot because my dad doesn't have much stamina due to a heart condition) They just took their time and leisurely strolled over.

Usually we end our trip at VB but this time it was sandwiched in between WDW visits and OKW was just a great place to relax and unwind further. (even though we did visit the parks.........just not commando style)

It's our home resort too and we love it there!!!! I like having the felxibility to go to the other resorts, but I always love staying at OKW!!!!!

Next January we are staying in a GV at OKW!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

IMHO, the spaciousness, serenity and balcony at OKW makes it very special. I like the other resorts, but, at times I feel like I am staying at a hotel and not a vacation home.

Yeah I love OKW too, but I disagree about the busses. I think the service can be much better. There are 5 pickups , but it seems drop can take like an eternity. I still love the resort though, very relaxing and you can feel secluded

Could'nt Agree more.

We have been members since 1995 and have stayed at most of the resorts since then, but Key West is truly home. From the first cocktail at the gurgling suitcase (hey gotta do somthing while we wait for the room) to the relaxing walks around the property, I don't think anything else comes close.

:goodvibes OKW is truly a home away from home. And I admit that i get choked up when I leave. I try to keep the clothes in the suitcase so that I can get a whiff of the 'OKW fragrance' after I get home!

Ahhh to be at OKW right now. ::yes::

I bought in 95 and love the place also. I don't love the buses and rarely use them. The boat ride to DD is the best attraction at WDW as far as I am concerned, I hope it doesn't change with the new boats that are coming. OKW in January and early Feb is the best.

We stayed there for the first time last week and fell in love! The resort is so pretty and very peaceful. Our kids loved riding their bikes around the resort and we all enjoyed wonderfully leisurely walks around the resort, which is HUGE, BTW.

We were in a 1BR in building 24 and had a huge balcony looking out over the golf course. I loved being able to access the balcony from our BR, while the kids were asleep-- enjoyed my morning coffee out there without opening the door in the LR area. We thought the bus service was great and never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus anywhere. Used Trumbo Ferry to get to DTD -- what a treat -- and DD and I took the bus back from a very late night at DTD one night without any trouble. Our building was very conveniently located near Olivia's and our bus stop. The only disadvantage of our unit was it only had one bathroom door, which was in the master BR, which was a little inconvenient with DD15 and DS10. Oh, yeah, one more thing -- we saw some wonderful, tame wildlife from our balcony, including all sorts of gorgeous birds, some bunnies, and ducks. So much fun!!!

WE love it too. Can't quite bring ourselves to stay elsewhere! It truely does feel like "home" to us!

Cam,

FYI for future trips -- Buildings 30 and above have a second doorway to the bathroom through the utility room (where the washer/dryer are located). You can make "seperate entrance to bath" one of your room requests.

We own at BWV, BC, and now SS. We've stayed at BWV, BC and OKW (as well as HHI on our way home each trip) and OKW is our favorite.

We thought about buying OKW on our last add-on through sales outside of DVC because of the per-point savings, but decided to get the additional points at SS. When we depreciated the cost over 50 years at SS through DVC vs. the cost of 38 years at the lesser price through the secondary market, we were better off with the DVC purchase. HOWEVER, we don't plan to stay anywhere but OKW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter