The Meanest Mother in the World--A L-B TR, 5/05 *DONE. p.65, with one last pic*

What an end!! I'd rather listen to a crying baby than a QCM on an airplane. Reminds me of one I had whose daughter was a teenager. She spent the whole time on the taxiway waiting to get a gate loudly discussing her daughter's tennis tournament and complaining about the (quietly) fussy baby on the plane. She was MUCH more annoying that the baby!

DestinationDisney said:
Hi! :wave:

I just found this trip report today and I'm only finishing up the "pre-trip character intro", but let me tell you, I'm already TOTALLY addicted!!

Thanks for hopping on board, DD. Better late than never I always say! Actually I never say that. But welcome!

Turtle said:
Poor Syd! What is it about kids getting sick on the way home? When my nephew was a year old, we took him to Disney. About 15 minutes away from home, he had an accident. ALL OVER himself and his carseat and the car seat. And let's just say it wasn't vomit. I had my head out the window the rest of the way home. Ha! now I've grossed YOU out! Score!

Oh my, Turtle. That IS nasty. That's the sort of ailment that my poor brother and sister (neither of whom have kids) had to deal with the night Sydney was born. They were on duty watching Conor and Piper, both of whom came down with the nastiness. In their beds. :faint:

Thanks for sticking with this entirely too long-winded and dragged out report!

magicmama said:
Kimmie-

Now about that epilogue....... you ARE a meany to keep us waiting. :rolleyes1 But are a very wonderful mom to write about your family the way you do! What a delight!

ok. where's that epilogue and when are you catching up with all your trips??!!!
popcorn::

Ah, magicmama. You have been a great encouragement. I will get to the epilogue when I'm good and ready. No, just kidding. It will be done soon, as I have just completed my final issues of the two newsletters that I publish (for my town and my church.) I'm hoping to write up my short trip from this fall before Christmas. We shall see...

taterbaby said:
This is extremly crazy-but I have to tell you!! I found this thread several nights ago while doing a little research for my very own supersecrettrip that is coming up Jan. 1- I have had to wait until the kids go to bed to get online and I have had the hardest time keeping my laughs low. It is killing me!! From one teacher to another-girl you need to compile all your chapters and write a book-it would be a best seller!!!! Thanks for the laughs-I need them most days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ooh, taterbaby! You will have so much fun. Don't be deterred by the Jan1 crowds ... they'll disperse throughout the week. So, your kids don't know a thing? That is so fun!! I very much enjoyed surprising my babes. And it was even better when Santa surprised them. ((foreshadowing of future report...))

Ok, it's obvious I'm procrastinating on more writing -- I don't usually hog my own thread this way responding to everyone individually.

Soo, HMHunter -- ITA about that. I won't say I love listening to a baby cry, but at least they can't help it. The QCM's are purposely trying to be overheard at how great they and their kids are. ugh. But, as was said before, it probably comes from feeling insecure and bad about themselves, so I feel sort of sorry for them. :rolleyes1

Thank you for reading and responding. :)

I have to balance my checkbook tonight :furious: and then tomorrow I should be clear to write that epilogue.

taterbaby said:
This is extremly crazy-but I have to tell you!! I found this thread several nights ago while doing a little research for my very own supersecrettrip that is coming up Jan. 1- I have had to wait until the kids go to bed to get online and I have had the hardest time keeping my laughs low. It is killing me!!

From one teacher to another-girl you need to compile all your chapters and write a book-it would be a best seller!!!!

Thanks for the laughs-I need them most days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kimmie!! Look!! taterbaby agrees you need to PUBLISH!!! :yay: Even just a short story to RD. I laugh way too hard!! :rotfl2: You'll have to start another TR soon!!!

Bemember - PUBLISH!!! :surfweb:

And thanks again!

So, here we are. At the part that is commonly known as "The End." (I imagine readers breathing a heavy sigh, mopping their brows and uttering "Finally!")

So much has changed since that first trip, in May 2005. The six, four and two year olds I wrote about in this report are now seven, six and threeannahalf. That might not seem like much of a difference, but if you know or have young children, you know it's huge. The freedom from diapers alone makes it a big deal, without all the other countless ways in which these kids have grown.

Since that May trip, we've made one other trip as a family, and Doug and I have made a kidless journey to the Food & Wine Festival, and met a bunch of crazy Viking friends to boot. As this Christmas approaches, we have just informed the kids that we'll be going back to Disney in January. Conor is reading his very own guidebook, making park plans, and debating with me the merits of staying at Beach Club Villas rather than somewhere else. He'd call and make the ADR's if I'd give him the Disney Dining phone number. Piper is all about the magic; she can't wait to see Spectro and Wishes and wants to meet Mulan and Pocahontas. Sydney still claims she is too "nervous" to meet any characters because "they're too big." That may be true, but at her age there's still a lot of room for change in the next 6 weeks.

We had a wonderful, dare I say Magical, time on our trip. We had our little bumps in the road, the minor glitches and scrapes but nothing that was a deal breaker. And even the blemishes have made it into our book of family lore and inside jokes.

Attention: shameless DVC promotional plug ahead!

I am so glad we took the big plunge and bought DVC. Aside from the rooms being spectacular, with plenty of room and added conveniences like laundry, kitchen, and Jacuzzi tub perfect for bathing 3 kids at once, I believe it made a big difference to us to know that we will be back. That Disney is our home away from home, now and forever. Or for the next 50 years, anyway. It meant that we were not devastated by missing something we had wanted to see. It meant we could brush off the fact that Sydneyralla was probably too young to benember it, because we'd benember for her, and help her make lasting memories in the future. It meant we were setting a baseline on that trip, establishing our roots at Disney as a family, and preparing the way for some fantastic memories to come. The AP discount is not so shabby, either.

You may open your eyes and resume reading; the plug is over. When I snap my fingers, you will call DVC and tell them Kimmie from the DIS sent you.

As for the supersecretsurprise element. I think it was a hit. It was a ton of fun for me to plot and scheme and brainwash my babies. They always love a surprise, whether it's an unexpected box of Popsicles in the freezer or a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth. In future, I look forward to sharing the planning and pre-trip excitement with them. That's why I told them about the current upcoming trip. That, and I grew tired of lying and telling them "oh, I don't know..." when they would ask when we were going back.

So go ahead and plan your trips. Plan surprises, big and small, and find delight in the scheming as well as in the presentation. Enjoy each day, don't let the small stuff bug you too much, and try not to drop your kid on his face on the floor of a bus.

I thank all of you for reading, for your comments, encouragement and for sharing your own stories as well as your car make and model. :thumbsup2 You're all part of a gift for my kiddos now, just by posting here and being part of this oh-so-lengthy process.

And, in the spirit of not letting things bug me, I will say that if we had NOT had the Magical Mixup on the Disney Express, we wouldn't have been sitting around snapping pictures on that balmy, breezy afternoon and we would not have gotten this.

7245047b5db37b3127cce8f3ce62aa4c300000006109FYuWbhsQ.jpg

Happy, tired, and a little more pink than pasty-white, the kpKrew is heading home.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Oh goodness, what a nice ending. :) And a super family picture.

Are we going to be there at the same time in January? I can't do the math in my head right now, but when my ticker posts along with this, the truth may be revealed. Or not.....I think I might have one that just says how many days, making for more tricky math.

And I totally hear you on the age differential. heck, threeanahalf is totally different from three (and thank goodness for that, is what I am saying so far, I think.)

Thanks for finishing and I look forward to seeing more from you in the future. Let us know when you get started, eh?

Kimmie, what a wonderful journey your trip report was to share. I enjoyed every minute of it. Thank you for that!

And what an absolutely beautiful family picture!!

Very well done, and that is a huge understatement.

Awww... you know that good but slightly sad feeling you have when you finish a great book? I have that feeling now. Luckily, I know sequels are on the way! :love: Great job. You keep hearing this, but you are a terrific writer. Keep going.

"So go ahead and plan your trips. Plan surprises, big and small, and find delight in the scheming as well as in the presentation. Enjoy each day, don’t let the small stuff bug you too much, and try not to drop your kid on his face on the floor of a bus. "

Oh gosh, you have sappy old me all teary eyed now! (Then, the next second you made me laugh!) Your words are so true though. My son is 14 (anahalf) and it goes by so fast, you really do need to enjoy each and every day. :thumbsup2

AW-w-w-w-
too cute family pix!! What a cute family! Great job! :thumbsup2
:woohoo: Ready to publish? :confused3
So when's the next TR??!! :rolleyes1

Oh, my dear Kimmie friend,

You have done it!! You have proven me right: you are NOT the meanest mama; my title is secure. Do you even know what mean means???

I am proud to know you and Doug and cannot wait to see the sparkle in your children's eyes someday.

You are right. Go to Disney!! Go back! Making memories is a priceless pasttime and you are planting some deep roots.

I loved your tale./ You know I am amused, uplifted, and inspired by your writing. I'm sorry this edition is ending but will look forward to the next one.

A writer writes. Thank you. :dance3: :dance3:

It meant we could brush off the fact that Sydneyralla was probably too young to benember it, because we’d benember for her, and help her make lasting memories in the future.
true dat.....luv dat.....you're never too young or too old!!!!!

So go ahead and plan your trips. Plan surprises, big and small, and find delight in the scheming as well as in the presentation. Enjoy each day, don’t let the small stuff bug you too much, and try not to drop your kid on his face on the floor of a bus.
ditto!!!

7245047b5db37b3127cce8f3ce62aa4c300000006109FYuWbhsQ.jpg

Happy, tired, and a little more pink than pasty-white, the kpKrew is heading home.
that's a beautiful family!!!

Kim.....I have thoroughly enjoyed your TR....I'm sad it's over but since you'll be returning to the world soon I'll be on the look-out for your next one!!! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!! :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

Well, I just spent the better part of my morning reading your TR! :surfweb: Congratulations on finishing a wonderful report! I wish I had found it sooner! All I have to say is...

WELCOME HOME

to my fellow DVC owner! :thumbsup2 I wish you many happy vacations to come! :goodvibes

Happy Holidays!
-Michelle

Kimmie!

What a great ending. And how true your sentiments were. Although I didn't pick up the phone and call DVC. Yet. But if I could find a way to get daily maid service and DVC, we might have a deal. :thumbsup2

That picture at the end is just precious. Your face is so happy and sweet. We know you are FULL OF CARP about being a mean mama. But it did make a good title for a trip report.

A very sweet, well written, funny and sentimental trip report.

I'll look forward to the next one.

NM :sunny:

Awww. Thanks for wrapping it up so nicely!

MUST BUY DVC!
ha.
not me. No kids and when it's just you and one friend, POP's not so bad. :)

corinnak -- we'll be there the 9th-17th. I can't do ticker math either! So when are you going?

Backstage_Gal -- Thank you so much. It's one of our favorite pics from that trip, because we look thoroughly relaxed.

Jami!!!
Someday I hope our whole family will meet the whole Fixer family. That would rock. I sometimes look back at your first post here, and think how amazing it is that people can actually find new friends in a place like cyberspace.

NM -- Borg on the maid service. That is the one drawback. But, I figure it can never get as messy as home, because we only have a fraction of our "stuff" with us. Thanks for reading this whole thing!

Everyone ... thanks for the kudos. I doubt I'll ever be able to publish anything, but it is nice to know there would be some people who would read if I did. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter