The Meanest Mother in the World--A L-B TR, 5/05 *DONE. p.65, with one last pic*

Jami!!! Someday I hope our whole family will meet the whole Fixer family. That would rock. I sometimes look back at your first post here, and think how amazing it is that people can actually find new friends in a place like cyberspace.

Oh, that would be so much fun. Yep, it'll happen. Really!

I knew we'd be connected, Kimmie. You had me at Mean!

kpk89 said:
What I have learned, being the Meanest Mother in the World, is that we are all doing the best we can. Choices that seemed so important in the early months are nothing compared to what we will face when our babies become teenagers, when they have their own agendas and don’t really give a flip about making us look like good mothers. So to all the moms and moms-to-be reading this, do what you want. Do your best. Love your kids with all your heart, and know that at the end of the day, what matters is that your children grow up with your love in their heart, however you manage to put it there.

This is why I am so lucky to have kpk as a big sister…she is so smart, and so wise.
Does it ever make you wonder/realize that out parents couldn’t have done that bad.

kpk89 said:
Attention: shameless DVC promotional plug ahead!

I am so glad we took the big plunge and bought DVC. Aside from the rooms being spectacular, with plenty of room and added conveniences like laundry, kitchen, and Jacuzzi tub perfect for bathing 3 kids at once, I believe it made a big difference to us to know that we will be back. That Disney is our home away from home, now and forever. Or for the next 50 years, anyway. It meant that we were not devastated by missing something we had wanted to see. It meant we could brush off the fact that Sydneyralla was probably too young to benember it, because we’d benember for her, and help her make lasting memories in the future. It meant we were setting a baseline on that trip, establishing our roots at Disney as a family, and preparing the way for some fantastic memories to come. The AP discount is not so shabby, either.

Ahhhh my work here is done. She finally gets it! After years of not seeming to understand why on earth we do this, invest so much time and energy with young babies to get them to a place they may not remember…. She gets it! We remember, and it brings us joy.

I hate to say that I’m so glad the report ended…but only because I can’t wait to hear all the details of adventures since!

Cass said:
Speaking of unique encouragment
glare.gif
what happened to your sister's TR?

I gotta get on that…. I’ve got one trip in since the one I’ve been working on, and a 9 night adventure coming up in January…with my in-laws! That will be good material ;)

I can't believe it's over! I don't want it to end. Great job! I hope to be reading another one soon! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter