The Many Adventures of...A Family With a New Baby! Jan - Dec 2016! New 11/7!

There weren't any teal pumpkins in our neighborhood, either. Hopefully it catches on soon and there is more awareness around it.

We stayed at BLT when Rory was 9 months old and we loved it, but I just really love the Poly, too. And Rory keeps talking about the volcano pool. We are staying in a studio - I know it will be small, but it's just for 2 nights and then we move over to BCV for 5 nights!

Oh boo, sorry to hear that. Ok good it's only for 2 nights lol, that studio was so small! SO SO nice to walk to the MK though!

Just stumbled upon your TR- I totally recognize the Zoo in the first pics :-). Your girls are so adorable. DH and I are taking son next month who will be 17 months. How did you find staying at SoG with DD1?

There weren't any teal pumpkins in our neighborhood, either. Hopefully it catches on soon and there is more awareness around it.
We had one in our neighborhood - the lady was super proud of it and telling us all about teal pumpkins. :thumbsup2

I was home on "maternity leave" (in quotes, because you know, the US Government doesn't feel like paid maternity leave is necessary and thus I was given 12 weeks unpaid...).
Yeah, I think there are very few places of employment that have actual "maternity leaves" these days. I think most are (if you're lucky) "we'll let you keep your job, but if you want pay you might get some if you are doctor-certified-disabled and then you'll have to cobble together every bit of paid time off you have so that you won't have any left once you have a newborn in daycare that gets sick often." :sad2:

BTW I had pumped after feeding her first thing, so I planned to give her a bottle around 9am (this worked out really well as I'm not really one to nurse right at a meal, so I was able to do this for just about every breakfast).
Smart plan! It's hard enough to eat breakfast at a character meal with a kid when you don't need to also nurse a baby.

Soon we were through the gates and checked in for the Crystal Palace. Aria didn't want lots of Photopass pics so I did listen to her, this morning anyway.
In contrast to the 2014 report. :rotfl: Funny how this was CP breakfast day on both reports.

14681775_10100563942596661_7218584177390680966_n.jpg
Oh, speaking of the other report, I guess this answers the question someone asked about potatoes at CP.

for Eeyore it's usually about how she wants to be his friend so he isn't so sad.
Aw, sweet! :eeyore:

And then he bumped into the high chair that Maya's car seat was on...and she woke up...
:eek: Yikes, glad he didn't knock her over. Still a bummer to have her woken up, though.

I can't wait to see what she thinks of him now :)
Me too! :hyper:

Cupcakes sure bring out the smiles in Aria. :goodvibes

Haha, Maya is admiring that cupcake. I hope you can find her something good at Erin McKenna's.

but were waiting on Piglet. Aria reAlllyyy didn't want to miss meeting him, but we were thisclose to having to! Thankfully he came out just in time.
You mentioned she likes to come up with things to say to them - have her tell Piglet how much she likes bacon. :eek: It gets quite a reaction. :rotfl:

She even got a Piglet kiss

14705723_10100563945875091_3964414898835120108_n.jpg
:lovestruc Piggy kisses are the best!

Yes, we came from a snow storm, so 68 wasn't THAT cold, but still fairly chilly to be walking around wet. PLus I love me some 100 degree temps! :)

Hi :D Loved your France TR ! Congrats on your baby and new baby as well! Your willingness to travel with little ones is amazing.

I also LOVE 100 degree weather. It's why I live here in FLORIDA. However, I could Not get in a pool at 78 - much less 68 - degree weather. It was nice, though, to be able to enjoy mommy-daughter pool time!

I like to dedicate alone time for my daughter and my son as well . It's going to get interesting now, with three :dance3:

Yeah, I think there are very few places of employment that have actual "maternity leaves" these days. I think most are (if you're lucky) "we'll let you keep your job, but if you want pay you might get some if you are doctor-certified-disabled and then you'll have to cobble together every bit of paid time off you have so that you won't have any left once you have a newborn in daycare that gets sick often." :sad2:

This is why I quit my job after I had my son & decided to work for myself. I had not worked in - nor knew anyone that had - ANY place that is considerate of family planning (or growing :rolleyes1). Either way, pregnancies and mothers-of-newborns/babies are for the most part, viewed as a nuisance by an employer. Even if they have children of their own! I've never understood that! So, I took matters into my own hands and gave up my profession while my kids are little. I am MUCH happier now :flower1: and have enjoyed my kids SO much - wouldn't trade it for any job or pay. I don't know if O.P. Can consider that option, but I would look into it :magnify:

Hi! I'm following along. Your girls are adorable!

Thank you so much for reading along!!

Just stumbled upon your TR- I totally recognize the Zoo in the first pics :-). Your girls are so adorable. DH and I are taking son next month who will be 17 months. How did you find staying at SoG with DD1?

Are you local?! We're in SE Mass but I work in Newport :)

SoG was nice enough that we're staying there again in December! LOL. The room was a GREAT size (looking forward to having a little separating wall to put Maya's pack n play on the other side), pools were wonderful. I wasn't thrilled with the interior, but walking to the Poly was nice (although the alligator signs on the way was a bit freaky esp at night when it was dark and just me pushing the stroller...that was a bit scary...).

We had one in our neighborhood - the lady was super proud of it and telling us all about teal pumpkins. :thumbsup2

Smart plan! It's hard enough to eat breakfast at a character meal with a kid when you don't need to also nurse a baby.

In contrast to the 2014 report. :rotfl: Funny how this was CP breakfast day on both reports.

Oh, speaking of the other report, I guess this answers the question someone asked about potatoes at CP.

Aw, sweet! :eeyore:

:eek: Yikes, glad he didn't knock her over. Still a bummer to have her woken up, though.

Me too! :hyper:

Cupcakes sure bring out the smiles in Aria. :goodvibes

Haha, Maya is admiring that cupcake. I hope you can find her something good at Erin McKenna's.

You mentioned she likes to come up with things to say to them - have her tell Piglet how much she likes bacon. :eek: It gets quite a reaction. :rotfl:

:lovestruc Piggy kisses are the best!

That's cool you had a teal pumpkin house! LOL. Did they give Izzy an allergy friendly thing or did they also have mainstream candy?

Yes, exactly. I used all my sick and annual leave, plus advanced sick and annual, plus I had worked overtime beforehand. That left me with negative leave, so I couldn't care for the girls once I went back to work. I am not-so-secretly hoping that whoever is elected president will very swiftly add in paid maternity leave but I am not holding my breath on that one!

Hahah I did think it was pretty funny that I was writing about CP, 2 years separated, on the same day! What a difference!

I was actually really annoyed by her getting knocked into! Like you said, she could have been easily knocked over (another reason not to use a car seat I guess?).

What's awesome is that if I cut off the frosting part of the cupcake, Maya could eat the cake part!! So I am hoping that some restaurants do bring out a birthday cupcake for her :)

LOL I would feel bad saying that to poor Piglet!

Hi :D Loved your France TR ! Congrats on your baby and new baby as well! Your willingness to travel with little ones is amazing.

I also LOVE 100 degree weather. It's why I live here in FLORIDA. However, I could Not get in a pool at 78 - much less 68 - degree weather. It was nice, though, to be able to enjoy mommy-daughter pool time!

I like to dedicate alone time for my daughter and my son as well . It's going to get interesting now, with three :dance3:

Aw thank you!! I wish I could travel even more with them!! LOL Yes it was chilly, but we did have fun (and the water was warm at least, so that helped!). I remember I was cold in May 2015 - it was 96 degrees outside, but I was FREEZING in the Boardwalk pool! haha

This is why I quit my job after I had my son & decided to work for myself. I had not worked in - nor knew anyone that had - ANY place that is considerate of family planning (or growing :rolleyes1). Either way, pregnancies and mothers-of-newborns/babies are for the most part, viewed as a nuisance by an employer. Even if they have children of their own! I've never understood that! So, I took matters into my own hands and gave up my profession while my kids are little. I am MUCH happier now :flower1: and have enjoyed my kids SO much - wouldn't trade it for any job or pay. I don't know if O.P. Can consider that option, but I would look into it :magnify:

I SO wish I could. I work at my job for the paycheck alone. Unfortunately we are a few (4) years away from "financial freedom" so to speak. I wish I had the hindsight and maybe didn't travel as much in my 20's and been way more financially smart, but I wasn't and while I am SO glad we did spend that time together, it has left us with the need for me to work. I need to win the lottery or something and then I could stop working :-/ What do you do from home?

Once we get to that point, I will have the freedom to either continue working (since kids will be in school or almost), and maybe even take summers off or something, and still have a good amount of $$ to travel. After Baby #3 comes, I am most likely going to work 4 days per week for about 1/2 a year after I come back from "maternity leave" so that will give me an extra day per week with them, which is something I guess...

Cute pictures from Crystal Palace! I forgot how much fun that breakfast is. I'm sure it's hard to move around in those costumes, but I still can't believe Eeyore bumped into Maya and woke her up! Fortunately she looked pretty content after waking...

Cute pictures from Crystal Palace! I forgot how much fun that breakfast is. I'm sure it's hard to move around in those costumes, but I still can't believe Eeyore bumped into Maya and woke her up! Fortunately she looked pretty content after waking...

Mmm definitely one of my top 3 favorite breakfasts!! Yes I was surprised too - a CM was the one who offered to put Maya up on the high chair vs leaving her on the floor, but I definitely didn't feel safe doing that after that incident. Imagine if he'd knocked her over!

LOL on losing your swim bottoms!! Luckily I have zero interest in a bikini after 2+ kids lmao!

Haha-- my tankini bottom, I should say! After having a 10 lb baby in 2007 and a 10 lb 10 baby in 2008, a bikini is never going to be part of my future!

I see the potato mystery has been solved thanks to Duggette. I LOVE the food at CP breakfast (and Cape May!) My kids really don't have interest in the characters--John-Harper is seven, and he sort of gets into them, but Grady is nine and he flat-out refuses-- so these expensive character breakfasts seem like a bit of a waste, but I'm mostly there for the food!:worship:

Haha-- my tankini bottom, I should say! After having a 10 lb baby in 2007 and a 10 lb 10 baby in 2008, a bikini is never going to be part of my future!

I see the potato mystery has been solved thanks to Duggette. I LOVE the food at CP breakfast (and Cape May!) My kids really don't have interest in the characters--John-Harper is seven, and he sort of gets into them, but Grady is nine and he flat-out refuses-- so these expensive character breakfasts seem like a bit of a waste, but I'm mostly there for the food!:worship:

Oh yes, both cheesy potatoes and red potatoes!! All they need are tater tots and it'd be the trifecta! lol! I def carb out at just about every meal at Disney :)

Okay I could do a tankini. Even my pregnancy swimsuit was a tankini (speaking of which, not sure what i'll fit into this next trip, i'll be 20 weeks along...). I am surprised Aria loves the Pooh characters so much considering we don't really watch or read anything with Pooh, but maybe it's just from all the times we've been to CP considering it's a must-do for me!

Aria's Pooh dress is adorable! Did you make it?
Can't wait to see her BBB makeover. Having all boys I've never gotten to experience that.....hoping for lots of granddaughters someday princess:

just a quick note that we had just heard about the teal pumpkin thing this year and we were thinking of doing something different anyway so we did have a teal pumpkin and gave out little toys and temporary tatoos instead of candy. Kids seemed pretty happy to get this as something different so hopefully other people pick up on it as well

Aria's Pooh dress is adorable! Did you make it?
Can't wait to see her BBB makeover. Having all boys I've never gotten to experience that.....hoping for lots of granddaughters someday princess:

No the dress is from Kpea :) I tried my hand at sewing when I was pregnant with Aria. Haven't had any time since then to turn the machine on! hahaha.

Oh man, it is full on girl mode at my house! Aria could NEVER be defined as a tom boy, she is way too into her princesses. DH is holding out hope on Maya or the new baby seeing his ways with tools and boats and other stuff.

just a quick note that we had just heard about the teal pumpkin thing this year and we were thinking of doing something different anyway so we did have a teal pumpkin and gave out little toys and temporary tatoos instead of candy. Kids seemed pretty happy to get this as something different so hopefully other people pick up on it as well

That was nice, did you give those things out to everyone? Did anyone comment on the teal pumpkin? Aria would enjoy those things too.

Are you local?! We're in SE Mass but I work in Newport :)

SoG was nice enough that we're staying there again in December! LOL. The room was a GREAT size (looking forward to having a little separating wall to put Maya's pack n play on the other side), pools were wonderful. I wasn't thrilled with the interior, but walking to the Poly was nice (although the alligator signs on the way was a bit freaky esp at night when it was dark and just me pushing the stroller...that was a bit scary...).

In RI. We go to RW Zoo a lot. We are also staying SoG in December(4-8 then AK) how funny. I was reading on the SoG board trying to figure out the tub situation in the rooms. I am wondering if I should bring an inflatable tub for DS. He is like a greased watermelon when trying to shower him, plus he really enjoys splashing around in the tub. I think i will take on just in case. They are only a few bucks on Amazon.

In RI. We go to RW Zoo a lot. We are also staying SoG in December(4-8 then AK) how funny. I was reading on the SoG board trying to figure out the tub situation in the rooms. I am wondering if I should bring an inflatable tub for DS. He is like a greased watermelon when trying to shower him, plus he really enjoys splashing around in the tub. I think i will take on just in case. They are only a few bucks on Amazon.

Oh awesome, we are MoS members, and so we do the zoo a lot too :)

Did you specifically book a stand up shower room? I remember looking for a room for some promotion and that was the only option, but typically the Queen rooms have a tub? Unless they are specifically denoted by a stand up shower or ADA Roll in shower. I expect my room will have a tub (it better!) and I certainly had one in May.

That was nice, did you give those things out to everyone? Did anyone comment on the teal pumpkin? Aria would enjoy those things too.

yeah, we just gave that out to everyone rather than have separate things for kids with allergies vs without

We actually just put a basket out as the dogs freak out everytime someone goes to the door so figured that was easier

yeah, we just gave that out to everyone rather than have separate things for kids with allergies vs without

We actually just put a basket out as the dogs freak out everytime someone goes to the door so figured that was easier

Yep, our dogs were segregated to the basement during ToT'ing hours. They go crazy!

After breakfast, we hightailed it over to the BBB. We were a couple minutes late, and there was a little line to check in, but no big deal. Soon we were checked in, then called back to go to the changing areas, and I took Aria back there to change into her new Ariel gown and we waited to be called back to meet her Fairy Godmother for the day!

It was pretty busy at this time of day!

14702488_10100563946094651_5947982181708215301_n.jpg

Excitedly waiting!

14729311_10100563946084671_2408569640751175940_n.jpg

And soon it was her turn!

14753724_10100563946169501_3816666556073374481_o.jpg

She was a lot more comofortable this year with the FG doing her hair and pulling it tight and being the center of (our) attention. Last year she was a lot more shy.

14589769_10100563946354131_6339427642385431378_o.jpg
\\

14600851_10100563946638561_2091554497883688712_n.jpg

Before this visit, I had read on the DIS they no longer had Photopass during BBB, which was sad, so I took a ton of photos - but Photopass came by at the end and took some too! Maybe they had enough complaints? I haven't looked into whether they are still there.

LOL

14716261_10100563946942951_9210606266242186355_n.jpg

Look up!

14711623_10100563947217401_4367850684696430660_o.jpg

14729173_10100563947491851_9019618365339144434_n.jpg

Getting her nails done

14707967_10100563948085661_2093141460473954034_o.jpg

And make-up. The FG asked her what colors she wanted, and she responded bright blue and red. Hmm...thankfully the FG knew how to still make it look pretty lol.

14642187_10100563948350131_2940350539241998638_n.jpg

14633127_10100563949098631_4643149726923000253_o.jpg

14724371_10100563949408011_6508568894388426128_n.jpg

And some photopass

12694705_10100431797616261_8576043808405570308_o.jpg

12733549_10100431797541411_8172164018671304607_n.jpg

After the makeover experience, we headed to the photopass spot. Aria was angry at me for telling her to smile pretty, because sometimes her smile comes out like this:

14632894_10100563949926971_213624040953398258_n.jpg

But a few tickles and we got one decent shot

12694881_10100431797441611_7248964696363035967_o.jpg

BTW, apparently all of the commotion in the BBB caused Maya to fall asleep!

After that experience, we headed over to 7DMT for our first FP of the day! Aria and I rode first, grabbing a RS for Andrew.

14718585_10100563950036751_947836473423712274_n.jpg

Aria absolutely loved it, as did I!

IMG_1993.JPG

A quick bathroom break, and I took this photo. Any guesses where this wall is?

IMG_1999.JPG

Since it was Aria's birthday, she chose the carousel to ride next so that's where we headed!

14714989_10100563950361101_59583770021639313_o.jpg

14711283_10100563950630561_4216840791830887525_o.jpg

14671255_10100563951044731_1974821678771222897_n.jpg

IMG_2001.JPG IMG_2002.JPG

Maya was pretty indifferent about it :)

14700986_10100563951154511_6920746004148974225_o.jpg

continued in next post...

We had FP's for BTMRR next, and it was Andrew's turn to take Aria.

14708205_10100563952671471_3774105045136641105_n.jpg

Afterwards we had a little time until the next FP, so I took her on with a rider swap.

IMG_2006.JPG
14639862_10100563953180451_7136774284487439765_n.jpg

And we switched off again riding Splash, with a FP then RS, I took her first

14523281_10100563954412981_8135115080905357159_n.jpg

Then I got to!

14708299_10100563955989821_2084886828728290361_n.jpg

It's her new favorite ride!

Andrew then took her again, while I took Maya to the Baby Care Center - she needed to nurse and get changed and it was getting pretty crowded outside.

Next up, the birthday girl got to eat lunch in the castle!!

14753909_10100563956234331_3786947797015382088_o.jpg

14633084_10100563956264271_5655631604150864069_n.jpg

And soon we were ushered inside to meet Cinderella

14714833_10100563956493811_71964175239757700_o.jpg

Cinderella is definitely in Aria's top 3 princesses <3

12697333_10100431797426641_4234907610314994876_o.jpg

12711029_10100431797386721_3310896080741459671_o.jpg

12717500_10100431797306881_5368845941651328212_n.jpg

One more hug!

12419311_10100431797286921_2890459210782789882_o.jpg

Then we went up to get our table. I secretly mentioned to the waiter that I had ordered a surprise for the birthday girl and he winked and made it known that he knew.

14707891_10100563956578641_2050040431088436160_o.jpg

She enjoyed coloring

14702300_10100563956588621_5453082016164208793_n.jpg

And soon a princess balloon was delivered, along with a full size tiara. I had ordered the princess birthday celebration :)

14567575_10100563956773251_2141383719106470104_o.jpg

Maya was being pretty good

14725579_10100563956917961_5967475711406218928_n.jpg

Aria loved making a wish

14700797_10100563957177441_3910013391394620359_o.jpg

14680507_10100563957496801_1203839672124138829_n.jpg

And playing with her new tiara (which unfortunately never made it back to the room - between putting it in the stroller (I put it in the back of one of the seats) and getting to our BLT room, it disappeared :(

14731350_10100563957796201_4237717282124384240_n.jpg

But back to lunch, Maya started to get fussy and sleepy again, so I put her in the wrap and she was out in no time. Then Aurora came over first. Aria was thoroughly engaged in conversation with her, it was so sweet.

14671153_10100563957871051_1352687509318734577_n.jpg

14713690_10100563958140511_3657799773733298764_n.jpg

Snow White surprised Aria next haha

14711392_10100563959442901_4598948034706386830_o.jpg

14753896_10100563959487811_4919285438487620988_o.jpg

And I had to show her a sleeping Maya because she was dressed up like her!

14708228_10100563960425931_1815926404184787859_n.jpg

14717079_10100563960570641_8795358587517421101_n.jpg

Soon Ariel came by (nice that they hadn't yet brought our food over, so we could do the meets first)

13662048_10100563960595591_8632728289957174143_o.jpg

Aria was so excited to show her her dress

14524584_10100563960899981_2880759120123036466_o.jpg

14633228_10100563961294191_5185703072348821573_o.jpg

And finally Jasmine, phew what a stream of royalty!!

14753901_10100563961453871_1963675125444063118_o.jpg

14691980_10100563961478821_5564416098311983602_o.jpg

Aria loves her costume, I need to see if her new costume (I think it's one piece now so belly isn't exposed?) still has the jewels and stuff dangling because Aria loves those lol.

So apparently I didn't take any lunch pictures. I do know that I love the appetizer they bring out, and for kids, the cheese cubes and grapes are fantastic! Aria did eat her lunch pretty well, and we enjoyed ours too. I've always felt this was worth the cost, and the food is good quality (remembering we're in a theme park).

Soon our waiter brought out the final surprise, the Ariel birthday cake!

14713569_10100563961783211_5128323449872144389_n.jpg

14671273_10100563962052671_7672104397014869682_n.jpg

14720436_10100563962147481_495913265852660262_n.jpg

Aria was excited to learn the Ariel was white chocolate and proudly bit off part of the head. Hmmm...

14702480_10100563962601571_9011598102935530922_n.jpg

LOL the cake was fantastic. And while we didn't NEED desserts of course, my main gripe about this is that we never saw the waiter again, and he never brought out the desserts we ordered (and that come with lunch). I paid quite a lot for that princess package, plus a tip to the waiter for serving the cake, and was a bit disappointed in that (IMO they should charge less for it all if they are going to save $$ on not bringing desserts?). Maybe that is not typical, I don't know. But I didn't say anything because Maya was waking up and we needed to get going to our final FP anyway - Anna & Elsa!

Another quick outfit change for Maya

14718843_10100563962821131_4287010848736616020_n.jpg

And we actually changed Aria too

14712790_10100563962900971_8315528114902638424_o.jpg

continued in next post!

Attachments

• IMG_2029.JPG
    IMG_2029.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 15

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter