The Manhattan Club

dznygrl

Earning My Ears
Hi,
We just booked a 1BR at The Manhattan Club for next May and wondering if anyone has stayed there. How are the rooms, are there laundry facilities at the resort??
Any tips??
Thanks!!

We stayed there last year. The room decor was a bit dated, I wasn't crazy about it but the size was good. There is a small dorm size fridge, microwave and sink. The location was great. The staff was very helpful. We enjoyed our stay very much.

We stayed there last summer. Great location. The rooms were okay but nothing special. The seemed really small. Again, the location was great. We only stayed for two nights.

Thanks for the info! I couldn't find any real info except what Disney told me. Good to hear from those who have stayed there!! This will be our first time in the City and are really looking forward to it!

I've been to The Manhattan Club many times. The rooms are usually quite nice. Some are bigger than others. My anecdotal evidence is since you don't own there they might give you a better room and hope to talk you into buying. Before you go they will hunt you down and get you to sign up for a sales pitch. I did this once and that time that I did I had an absolutely enormous room.
Of course that could have been coincidence as well.
I'm not saying that you should sign up for a sales pitch (I'd actually recommend the opposite), but maybe giving them a reason to impress you will entice them you give you a better room.

The location is great. You are very close to Columbus Circle. We usually go there and hit the Whole Foods there to get snacks and bottled water to keep in the mini refrigerator.
Carnegie Deli is like a block away. We usually get take out (we can split one sandwich) and bring it back to the room. Oh and a slice of cheesecake. Very nice, and the room is nicer than the restaurant.
There is a bakery around the corner (okay there are tons of bakeries around the corner) but one that is particularly good for bread and croissants. I'm going next week so I'll look up the name if you are interested.

I don't believe there are laundry facilities. I only go for short stays so have never needed laundry. You could check their website.
Be sure to go up to the lounge at the top. Don't eat breakfast there. They charge. Sometimes they have cookies in the afternoon (free).

I've been to The Manhattan Club many times. The rooms are usually quite nice. Some are bigger than others. My anecdotal evidence is since you don't own there they might give you a better room and hope to talk you into buying. Before you go they will hunt you down and get you to sign up for a sales pitch. I did this once and that time that I did I had an absolutely enormous room.
Of course that could have been coincidence as well.
I'm not saying that you should sign up for a sales pitch (I'd actually recommend the opposite), but maybe giving them a reason to impress you will entice them you give you a better room.

The location is great. You are very close to Columbus Circle. We usually go there and hit the Whole Foods there to get snacks and bottled water to keep in the mini refrigerator.
Carnegie Deli is like a block away. We usually get take out (we can split one sandwich) and bring it back to the room. Oh and a slice of cheesecake. Very nice, and the room is nicer than the restaurant.
There is a bakery around the corner (okay there are tons of bakeries around the corner) but one that is particularly good for bread and croissants. I'm going next week so I'll look up the name if you are interested.

I don't believe there are laundry facilities. I only go for short stays so have never needed laundry. You could check their website.
Be sure to go up to the lounge at the top. Don't eat breakfast there. They charge. Sometimes they have cookies in the afternoon (free).

Thanks !!! Yes if you have time let me know the name of the bakery! We will be there a week and plan to do all the "tourist" stuff and just walk around and take in the "city, any other suggestions or tips will be very welcome!! ... (Glad there's a Whole Foods nearby)
Thanks again
Lynn & Bobby

The really good bakery is Petrossian on 7th Avenue (between 57 and 58th Streets). When you exit the Manhattan Club turn right. You will need to cross 56th Street and 57th street and 7th Avenue.
The baguettes are fantastic. Crisp and Chewy, just like Paris.
The croissants are also very nice.

A bit closer to Manhattan Club and not quite as fancy is a bakery around the corner. When you exit the Manhattan Club turn left. Then turn left again on Broadway. You do not need to cross any streets. The bakery (boulangerie) is between the bank and a restaurant. Sorry I forgot to take note of the name. Didn't eat there this time.

The really good bakery is Petrossian on 7th Avenue (between 57 and 58th Streets). When you exit the Manhattan Club turn right. You will need to cross 56th Street and 57th street and 7th Avenue.
The baguettes are fantastic. Crisp and Chewy, just like Paris.
The croissants are also very nice.

A bit closer to Manhattan Club and not quite as fancy is a bakery around the corner. When you exit the Manhattan Club turn left. Then turn left again on Broadway. You do not need to cross any streets. The bakery (boulangerie) is between the bank and a restaurant. Sorry I forgot to take note of the name. Didn't eat there this time.

Thanks!!! I copied your directions to Pertossian in my NYC "things to do" notebook!!! We were in Paris last May and loved the pasteries!!! Really looking forward to this trip!!!
Lynn

Can you trade into the Manhattan Club, and if so how many points per night/week?

Yes, I called DVC and requested a block of time . I made the request in June this year for time next spring...took about 2 weeks to confirm my trade. It was 160 points for 7 nights. (1 bedroom) :yay: We are going the first week in May.

Yes, I called DVC and requested a block of time . I made the request in June this year for time next spring...took about 2 weeks to confirm my trade. It was 160 points for 7 nights. (1 bedroom) :yay: We are going the first week in May.

Thanks, I know the rooms are small but that is less points that I thought. Maybe we'll use that option some year when we want to take a break from Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter