The MAGIC, the MEMORIES, the storms, and HEY! Where's Perry? Aug 2011 TR (upd: Oct21)

I've always wondered what they do when the animals "get frisky." :lmao: The driver seemed a little surprised but you'd assume it happens on a relatively frequent basis?

Great update and great picture...I love the one with Flik!

I laughed when you commented on the end of Bug's Life....my nieces had never been on it before and the oldest one was crying at the end...of course I was laughing because I knew what was coming:lmao:

Great update and great picture...I love the one with Flik!

I laughed when you commented on the end of Bug's Life....my nieces had never been on it before and the oldest one was crying at the end...of course I was laughing because I knew what was coming:lmao:

I had totally forgotten the end, I know we did it last year and thinking about it, I think Matthew kinda freaked last year, but I had forgotten. Eric got upset because he couldn't see well and was sitting on DH's lap so he didn't feel anything when we all started jumping up screaming. He was upset he missed something. LOL

That's right, it's the final hours. So very very sad. After a lovely filling lunch at Rainforest Cafe we headed back to the hotel and went for a swim.

100_0246.jpg

We lasted all of 15 minutes in the pool maybe before the sky looked like this again...

100_0258.jpg

and it closed for lightening and rain. UGH!!! Daily occurance basically. So we waited it out for a bit. Got some drinks, kids wandered, took some pictures.

100_0242.jpg

100_0240.jpg

100_0244.jpg

We were left hanging for about an hour and then the pool opened again after a brief rainstorm. So back to the pool we went...

100_0249.jpg

After a little more swimming, we headed up to change and get ready for our last evening at MK! :sad2:

First up, a family picture in front of the castle...last one. :sad1:

Photo0160FiveBySeven.jpg

We headed straight to Tomorrowland and Eric and I went into Cosmic Ray's to get food while DH and Matthew headed to the zero wait time Space Mountain for one last ride. Turned out there was a bit of a wait, but not long. Long enough that their food was sitting for a few minutes by the time they got back to Cosmic Ray where I had gone ahead and ordered and got the food. After that, we did a family trip through Buzz since there was no wait and then headed to the other side of the park for the 3 faves. Eric got tired...first time in 7 days... I carried him a bit till I thought my back was gonna snap in two and then DH grabbed him.

IMG_1904.jpg

IMG_1905.jpg

We hit Haunted Mansion one last time. Then went over to Splash for the last Splash down.

IMG_1913.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg

Finally...the very last ride was Thunder Mountain. :sad1:

IMG_1936.jpg

IMG_1937.jpg

IMG_1933.jpg

We then headed out via Adventureland and back to the hotel. Our last walk on the Walkway. :sad2:

Can you tell I am sad just writing about it again. :sad1:

Back at the hotel, I went and grabbed a beer and a drink, some bottled Daiquiri concoction or something since DH said we wasn't feeling well and didn't think he was up to a bottle of wine on the balcony. Eric was still complaining about his ear hurting. We sat out and watched Wishes with our wonderful view again.

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

Put the kids to bed, Eric complaining and DH and I sat out for a few minutes, drank his beer and then went to bed. I sat out to finish my drink and just enjoy the sounds of MK shutting down for the night. I posted on Facebook and saw Pixiemama reply to me post she was on the ME on her way here while I was sitting out there. Made me smile.

I went in to bed and couldn't fall asleep. Then DH woke up and I did too at about 1am because Eric was whining in his sleep about his ear. So what do we do. DH had gone to check for kids medicine before the stores closed when we first got back and there was nothing. So, his ear was red and hot, and he was awake by now and whining pretty good. Finally we decided we'd use the only thing we had, my Motrin and cut one in half and see if that would help. I didn't really want too. So here I was, in the bathroom trying to cut a motrin pill in half with a plastic knife using the sink for leverage. It worked. He was mostly quiet the rest of the night after a bit.

In the morning we packed up the final few things and off we went to meet our driver out front by 7:15am. :sad1: Eric=still whining. We checked in and were told our big suitcase was over weight by 1lb. So here I am opening it right there and tossing the first thing I find into one of the smaller bags we were also checking. I grabbed the sunscreen which immediately brought the bag down below 50lbs. Sure, they were all still full, we had no sun while swimming all week so I barely used it. Phew, crisis averted, BAGS FLY FREE dammit. We had a little breakfast at the airport and then sitting at the gate, our flight was delayed by 40 minutes. Blah. Meanwhile, I called our Pediatrician and asked to set up an appointment for Eric about his ear for that afternoon. She thought I was a bit nuts when I said, give me the latest time you have today since we're still in Florida right now. We ended up getting home about 30 minutes later than scheduled and were home by 2:15. DH had a tee time at 2:30 crazy guy. Really. But he had a tournament (which he ended up winning) that weekend and wanted to practice since it had been over a week since he played. I took Eric to the PED's at 3pm and both of us, me and the doctor, were surprised when it was in fact not swimmer's ear, but an ear infection. His first actually. I told her I gave him another half motrin before the flight because I was worried about the pressure and his ears hurting and still didn't fine any kid's medicine in the shops. She didn't yell at me. :)

And clearly, he was fine on the plane...
IMG_1940.jpg

and thus ends the trip. I am still working on the Photobook although the DVD of videos, originals and compilations is all done.

We have no plans to go back until at least 2013 and right now are feeling we do want to try something else, maybe a cruise next time. We'll see. Last night at bedtime Eric asked me joking, how many days till Disney. We've been counting down so long he misses it. :sad1:

Great finish! Well, I mean, except for the ear infection--how funny that he'd get his first one ever at Disney!

Revisiting all your MK favorites and then watching Wishes sounds like a perfect ending.

And I'm amazed at how much you did the day you got home! I feel like I can't leave the house for a week after we get back :laughing:

Loved reading about your trip - you did a great job! Your younger son has the greatest smile!

I am so sad that your TR is over...all good things must come to an end though right? I still don't have to like it:lmao: I felt so sad reading your last post, it's exactly how we all feel on that final day, and I do exactly what you did, this is our last this, and this is our last that....the whole day...drives Jasmine crazy:lmao:

We don't have another trip scheduled until 2013 but Jasmine keeps checking online for deals:confused3

I am so happy that I got to know you thru your TR and I'm glad we'll still be able to chat on mine!:hug:

I posted on Facebook and saw Pixiemama reply she was on the ME on her way here while I was sitting out there. Made me smile.

Awwww! :goodvibes

You're right, all good things must come to an end... but it sounds like your last night at MK was a good one! I still can't get over that view you had!

Angie is planning on taking her family back to WDW next October... in fact, we talked about it during our trip and how we should go together (her girls are a bit younger than mine, but they get along great!) I had originally told my girls we wouldn't go back until the Fantasyland expansion was complete... so when I asked them if they would want to go next year instead, they said NO! So I guess it's back to 2013 for us, too. Which will probably work out better... I really want to stay at a Deluxe, so this would give me 2 years to save instead of just one! :thumbsup2

I noticed you updated your photo collage in your signature... love all the new pics!

All in all we had a fabulous trip, even with the rain storms, closures and a few missed rides. I am itching to go back already, although honestly, I'd really like to go just DH and I without the kids. I'm thinking they wouldn't go for that. :lmao:

I applied for the Disney Moms Panel just for the heck of it, but didn't make it to the second round. :sad1:

Here is the full finished collage for this 2011 trip

collagecopy.jpg

I have it printed on a plaque type thing. The videos are done and we've watched them and the photo book is sitting on the Fedex truck on it's way here this morning!!!:cool1:

I put the trip summary video on Photobucket, it's about 4 minutes long if anyone is interested

We still missed quite a few things I wanted to do. LMA, Art of Animation, FoW (since it wasn't running both days we went to AK), Kali (again, down or crazy wait times), most of WS (at least got a few countries in), Snow White and Peter Pan (we didn't stop for either of those this trip and Snow White will be gone next time :sad2:), FOTLK, and Fantasmic (although I'm not upset about F!, not sure I care much).

I was very happy we at least got to a few countries in WS, Canada, UK, Mexico and Norway. Rode Maelstom (not sure why but I love that ride), saw Illuminations, loved Mickey's Philharmagic, ate at Pecos Bills, and I rode EE twice! Saw Wishes from every angle, and got to see Memories with Eric in it in person. That was the biggy, even if I only saw it once.

Thanks for following along and re-living it with me!:goodvibes

I just read the rest of your TR, so sad when trips end! It was a great report though, I enjoyed reading it!

We also had all of that yucky weather, but it didn't ruin our trip by any means.

I love your collage! What a great way to display your trip memories!

Love the whole collage... and your fantastic TR! Only bad thing was that we just missed the chance to meet ;)

Well it's obviously time to start planning another trip! ;) I loved reading along - I wish that our paths could have crossed - but I do love being facebook friends!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter