The Magic of the Fort

FlaFortCampster

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

I've been reading this forum for months and figured it was time to jump on board. I visited Fort Wilderness for the first time in the early 70's and was a frequent visitor for years. Remember the 3 season pass for Florida residents?
There was a very long period where we didn't go to WDW. But last year, decided to try the Fort again after almost 18 years absence. THE MAGIC WAS STILL THERE.
Even moved up from the tent to a popup camper now. Pure luxury. :cool1: The amazing thing is when we did all the visiting, we lived in South Florida. The absence occurred when we moved to Central Florida. On a good day, we can be at the Fort in an hour.
It was from reading all the messages of folks who travel so far and wait so long to visit and how they cherish their time at WDW that the realization of how lucky one is being so close, that the Fort can back!!!!
Love this forum, the pictures and the pure joy that so many folks share.
Thank you all for bringing back something so wonderful.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Welcome!! Sounds like your with good company!

Welcome!! I would be interested to hear your observations, and see any photos you have from those early days. We have only been going since the early 90's, so I love to hear stories and see pictures of the early days.

Welcome!! I too would love to see any photo's you have from back in the day!

The first time my wife and I went to WDW we stayed at the Fort. That was 1985 and our two boys were 5 and 7. As with everyone else here, we were hooked for life.
We made return trips in 87 and 89 staying in our 24' Holiday Rambler Alumalite. We went back in 95 and in 99 we bought a new Dutchman Supreme 28'. All this time our boys grew older but they never considered not coming with us. Now they are finished college and live away but they always fly into Orlando to meet us when we go. In 03 we bought a Holiday Rambler Vacationer Motorhome and this Friday we will make our third trip to Fort Wilderness with our motorhome in 5 years. Now our sons and their wives will be flying in to meet us.
All in all we have been to WDW 12 times since 85 staying in Fort Wilderness 10 of the 12 times. We have traveled all over the country and even to Hawaii twice during the same time frame but there is no place like Fort Wilderness and WDW.

The first time my wife and I went to WDW we stayed at the Fort. That was 1985 and our two boys were 5 and 7. As with everyone else here, we were hooked for life.
We made return trips in 87 and 89 staying in our 24' Holiday Rambler Alumalite. We went back in 95 and in 99 we bought a new Dutchman Supreme 28'. All this time our boys grew older but they never considered not coming with us. Now they are finished college and live away but they always fly into Orlando to meet us when we go. In 03 we bought a Holiday Rambler Vacationer Motorhome and this Friday we will make our third trip to Fort Wilderness with our motorhome in 5 years. Now our sons and their wives will be flying in to meet us.
All in all we have been to WDW 12 times since 85 staying in Fort Wilderness 10 of the 12 times. We have traveled all over the country and even to Hawaii twice during the same time frame but there is no place like Fort Wilderness and WDW.

What a great story! Love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter