The Magic is Back - Share your Experience! Superthread

Lockers at GRR are still not available. Kinda bummed about that because we would have ridden had they been open. Luckily we got in a ride in our swimsuits (yay for staying at GCH) earlier in our trip, but the kids really wanted to do it again before we headed home Monday.

I wonder why they don't have these open? Seems odd.
That IS weird, seeing as we used them Memorial Day Weekend.

I used to think this was true always, but on this past trip, we got stuck in the first 2 seats on Splash at the beginning of the day, and when we got off, it was like I had jumped in a pool. (I was in the front seat.) The next day, we did GRR and got far less wet. But we didn't get the geyser, so we were lucky!

I've never tried the poncho method, but I wore exercise type shorts (quick drying) and I changed into cheapie flip flops and stuck my sneakers and socks in my backpack before going through the line for both rides. My feet blister very easily and I cannot walk around in wet shoes and/or socks and expect to make it through the whole day. I was wet for awhile, but it worked ok.
Was there 2 weeks ago and before going on Splash, I changed to flip flops, stuffed my shoes and socks into my backpack, backpack into the Disney shopping bag I was carrying, and wrestled on that old dollar store poncho. People were smirking at me as I got on. They were NOT smirking as I got off, pulled off the poncho and stuffed it in the garbage, and put on dry socks and shoes, while they squelched off, drenched. The seat of my pants got a little damp… 😀

I avoided GRR for years because of an experience on Splash where we got soaked and had some seriously unpleasant chafing. I finally decided it was time to bite the bullet and try it again because it just looks like so much fun. I brought a backpack in with my swimsuit (Swim shorts with a tankini top) and a pair of flip flops, changed in a bathroom, rode it a couple times and changed back. I was a very happy camper and my son who was wearing track pants took AGES to dry because he didn't do the swimsuit route. Lol. It really is funny how long it can take to dry out when it's hot.

Wasn't sure where to put this, but since there was mention of it earlier in this thread...was at the parks yesterday and got two Legacy AP magnets for me and a family member. Just randomly asked if there might be anywhere that still had them, and the cast member actually went and found two for me in the back.

Wasn't sure where to put this, but since there was mention of it earlier in this thread...was at the parks yesterday and got two Legacy AP magnets for me and a family member. Just randomly asked if there might be anywhere that still had them, and the cast member actually went and found two for me in the back.
Some places still have stacks and stacks of them. I saw a bunch at the little pin store next to the shooting gallery in Frontierland.

Back home today. We’re only about 85 miles southeast from DL. Overall it was a nice trip. We stayed three nights arriving on 7/12. We booked an extra night at the last minute due to the CR three day ticket offer. The first night we stayed at the Hyatt House corner of Katella and Harbor. Booked at the last minute using United Air miles. Decent and very clean hotel but uncomfortable beds. We had a studio room with a small kitchenette and living area. Great location with a Starbucks and Walgreens down stairs. The cost of the room with tax was $312.00. Was glad to use miles to pay for this as we felt the room is not worth the price. You‘re paying for a newer property and location. The staff was super nice.

The second and third night was at GCH. We love this place based on location alone but we feel it’s also a beautiful resort. The rooms are very overpriced but the short walk to the parks takes the sting of the price away. No daily housekeeping. We did ask for housekpeeping to drop off extra towels, shampoo, etc. which they did very quickly. Room was clean. We arrived and did a pre check in around 8:00 AM. Maybe a five minute wait at the most. Room was ready before noon.

We felt that the parks was very busy for the most part. Everyone has a different opinion of what busy is but at times places in DL were uncomfortably crowded. Especially around POTC, HM and Indiana Jones. Wait times for some rides seemed accurate while others were off and we made it through faster than the posted times. A lot of rides seemed to go down. More than would be expected.

Had dinner at Wine Country Trattoria on Monday. Service was good as was the food. Not great but good. Actually the best dinner out of the three nights. The second night was Naples and last night was Ralph Brennan’s. Both were average at best. Actually this will be the final time that we dine at Brennan’s. Overpriced Applebee’s quality food IOHO.

Overall we enjoyed ourselves. It was more crowded than we expected and I think that had to do with the California residents program dropping. Disney is still not at full staff and it shows. I think that it’s placing extra work on other CM’s to take up the slack. One thing that stuck out was the number of trash cans with overflowing trash in the parks. I never recall seeing this in the past. I know that in time Disney will get it together but right now they still have some work to do as I believe they’re ramping up a little too quickly. Cash is king and like everyone else, Disney is trying to recoup the loss from last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter