The Magic cruises to Copenhagen, EB T/A, 5/15/15

... that's what happens when there is no way to set-up new links without 3rd party involvement. They will be merged.

Were the threads ever merged? Can't find the other meet thread for this date. Seems to have gone poof!

MJ

I think I read something about someone "not maintaining" the thread. There is some controversy about coming on the Disboards just to be connected to FB.

We have our return to US booked. For us, our question was do we get the return to FL, where we hope to be living or to OH where we have our house on the market.:confused3. We went with FL, we want to be positive!:thumbsup2

Bobbi:)

We have our return to the us on Icelandair. Glad to have it done. Only thing left to book is NY to ATL.

We have our return to the us on Icelandair. Glad to have it done. Only thing left to book is NY to ATL.

We went with Icelandair also! Booked our return to MSP for about $500, so we were pleased. Now waiting on MSP flights to MEM. Hoping for some pixie dust on our final flights home. :)

We went with Icelandair also! Booked our return to MSP for about $500, so we were pleased. Now waiting on MSP flights to MEM. Hoping for some pixie dust on our final flights home. :)

We are going into NYC. We had planned on staying an extra day there but have since planned another vacation the following Sunday so thought we should head home for a few days.

I am flying to Paris on SAS for 10 days, then home on US Airways and American Airlines using FF miles.

Do you think there could be a shore excursion to the 9/11 site in NYC? That is where I want to go in NYC.

Do you think there could be a shore excursion to the 9/11 site in NYC? That is where I want to go in NYC.

Not sure if they offer an excursion.....but it is easy to get there from the port. Just take a taxi or public transportation down. Sorry I don't have the schedules but they should be easy enough to find online. I have been to the memorial (very moving) but have not done the museum yet. I am a charter member of the 9/11 memorial/museum so I can go for free, just have not done the museum yet. Will probably go this Fall. We live only 30 minutes from NYC.

You must make a reservation in advance.

http://www.911memorial.org/visit-911-memorial-museum

Found this which should be helpful:

http://www.911memorial.org/getting-here

I also just found this....for a water taxi from the port area to Battery Park but it says for groups so I don't know if you can book individually and you must have a 9/11 memorial ticket already but contact the company and see if they do individual tickets. It would be very convenient by water taxi.

New York Water Taxi New York Water Taxi
Ferries from Midtown Manhattan - Groups can package a New York Water Taxi Hop-on/Hop-off ticket with a timed 9/11 Memorial Visitor Pass. The Water Taxi picks up at Pier 84 on West 44th Street next to the Intrepid, and drops off at Battery Park, just a short walk from the Memorial entrance. Groups can board the Water Taxi at Battery Park or the South Street Seaport for the return trip to Midtown. To book your package call 646-380-4247 or visit www.nywatertaxi.com.

MJ

Thank you mmouse37!

Learned something...it is not a National Park, Historic site. Wow.

Edited - Wasn't sure that what i posted was allowed, so happy planning everyone!

:)

Has anyone else starting looking into what they are going to do in port? Usually we do excursions on our own but I am thinking of going through Disney on this cruise. With the short time we have in port on a couple of places I am having a hard time planning. This is the first time that I have had troubles with all stops. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. Good thing I have some time.

Kristan

Has anyone else starting looking into what they are going to do in port? Usually we do excursions on our own but I am thinking of going through Disney on this cruise. With the short time we have in port on a couple of places I am having a hard time planning. This is the first time that I have had troubles with all stops. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. Good thing I have some time.

Kristan

New York - Statue of Liberty / 9 - 11 museum;
Newfoundland - Cape Spear / Lighthouse / Signal Hill - Cabot tower / Johnson
Geo / John baptist church
Reykjavik - Golden circle
Oslo - been there so HOHO, but will do Vigeland
Copenhagen - been there so HOHO, but will do canal ride

Kristan

:thumbsup2 I'm with you on the time factor!! And not sure if we'll use Disney or not, though if we want to venture far, will probably use DCL due to time constraints. Can't wait to see what they offer!

Have to ask...Have you already booked these? And do you book the HOHO bus after you get off the ship and just jump on and off? TIA!

You can pre book the hoho buses. I will wait till closer to do that. I have already booked Newfoundland and Iceland. New York, you can book 3 months in advance.

You can pre book the hoho buses. I will wait till closer to do that. I have already booked Newfoundland and Iceland. New York, you can book 3 months in advance.

If you don't mind me asking...did you do research (ie: Tripadvisor, etc) and that's how you found those for Newfoundland and Iceland, or do you know someone or the area? :confused3
The reason I ask is because we researched our last excursion last year and though it had high reviews on TripAdvisor, we had a terrible experience. :eek: So, I'm a little more cautious this time!

If you don't mind me asking...did you do research (ie: Tripadvisor, etc) and that's how you found those for Newfoundland and Iceland, or do you know someone or the area? :confused3
The reason I ask is because we researched our last excursion last year and though it had high reviews on TripAdvisor, we had a terrible experience. :eek: So, I'm a little more cautious this time!

Lots of research and lots of reviews. We have always done our on and loved them.

For Iceland, my family would also like to do the Golden Circle but every tour company I have found they all pretty much say it is an 8 hour tour. Do you mind me asking who you are going through?

Thanks guys!

Which Ho Ho bus did you book in Iceland? Because the one I found don't go when we are there. They start at may 30.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter