The Mac's Attack Disney Dining...AKA "I'm so full I can't even burp!".Completed 7/11!

I'm a fishy-fish hater too! Its so good to know I'm not alone! I'm really enjoying your reviews and I can't wait to read more :goodvibes

I'm a fishy-fish hater too! Its so good to know I'm not alone! I'm really enjoying your reviews and I can't wait to read more :goodvibes

Nope, you're definitely not alone...I bet we could find more fishy-fish haters if we looked hard enough :rolleyes1

I'm about to start woking on another update now, thanks for reading :)

Alrighty then...as mentioned in an above post, I worked on a full day's report and completely LOST the whole thing right before I posted!!!
Needless to say, I wasn't happy. But lesson learned....

Anyway, here goes again: Wednesday, May 26th- Today is our sleep in, no park, no plans day :eek: This is a completely new concept to us while on a disney adventure. Ok, I lied, I'm not gonna say we had NO plans, but we still didn't go to a park.

My hubby and I woke up much earlier than the boys and decided to go do something we've never done before at disney...had breakfast together and did the laundry. You thought it was going to be something more exciting, didn't you ?? ;) We woke up the boys to tell them where we would be, left them a cell phone, and went to the laundry room :laundy: I typically refuse to do laundry on vacation...it's sinful as far as I'm concerned. But we were flying this trip and I didn't want to pay for the extra bags. So we head over and put the clothes in the wash, then go to the food court for breakfast.

Keep in mind that we're staying at POFQ, so can you guess what we had for breakfast? That's right folks, beignets! We ordered six and shared them while sitting out on the porch. Considering we live in Louisiana, beignets are fairly common. But I can't even tell you the last time that I ate one...those darn calories love my waist. But, I've read on here multiple times that calories do not count while you're at disney. And if it's stated on the dis boards that calories do not count, then by George, they do not count :rotfl:
Here's a pic of those little powdery sugary pieces of fried dough. OK, so I lied..I can't find my picture of the beignets. I know it's here somewhere....

Anyway, my DH and I take a walk over to POR (I've stayed there, but he's never been) and we get the laundry finished up. We grab some danishes to take back to the boys, then we're off to DTD.

We paid a visit to Goofy's Candy Co, which is something else new for us. We still had a lot of snack credits to use, so we got the marshmallows dipped in chocolate, with the toppings. We would have preferred the pretzel sticks, but they don't count as a snack credit. These were extra good, and 3 marshmallows with all those goodies is plenty for anyone!! It took me 2 days to eat all of mine! Here's some pics:
1.jpg

3.jpg

I swear if my internet gets any slower, I'll just have to give up, geez!!!

We decided to head over to The Earl of Sandwich for lunch. This was new to us too, and didn't take any pictures. But let me just say that we were pleasantly surprised!!!!!!!! These are no ordinary sandwiches, and Subway is definitely Subpar compared to these sammies!!! The line was very long, but it moved quickly, and it was super loud in there. We did however find us a seat indoors, so we could enjoy the A/C. I had the veggie sandwish. I know this doesn't sound exciting in any shape, way, or form, but OMG this was sooooo yummy! I think I could eat this sandwich every single day for this whole summer! The veggies were fresh and crisp, the bread was perfect, and the sauce is what made the sandwich!!!! I can't remember the names of the other sammies exactly, but DH had something along the lines of a Spicy Caribbean Chicken, and DS13 had a Hawaiian something or another. DS9 just wanted a large fruit cup. So good!!!!!!!

We leave DTD and head back to POFQ so the boys can swim a little before we shower and change for our dinner ressie at Narcoossee's!!! We were really excited to be dining here, mainly because we've never eaten at a signature restaurant before. I thought we had plenty of time to get to the restaurant, but we were solely relying on dinsey transportation. Let me just say that we arrived a good 30 mins late, but were seated right away. We HATE being late, it doesn't matter where we're going. I like being on time. DH is always early. Sometimes way early. Anyway, we were seated, ordered our drinks, then we went ouside on the porch, overlooking the water, to watch Wishes. This part is a bit embarrassing, but I'll share anyway. I started crying like a baby during Wishes :rolleyes1 I will admit that I am a very emotional person and I am a crier, happy, mad, sad, doesn't matter. But I CERTAINLY did't expect this!!! I have quite a bit of stress at home and at work, and I think, no I know, this had something to do with it, but still. Embarrassing. It was lovely none the less and definitely a great way to see the fireworks. Maybe next time we'll try Cali Grill. OK, now that I've confessed, let's move on to the food:thumbsup2

14.jpg

My handsome fellas :grouphug: :love:

So, DH and I ordered the steamed whole Maine Lobster. We're definitely not lobster experts, but we both declared this dish delish!!!!!!! For my fishy fish haters, this was not fishy, except for one little bite from the claw, I think. The potato gratin was super, and the asparagus was....asparagus.
17.jpg

I also ordered a virgin Pina Colada since it counted as a drink on the dining plan.

DS13 ordered the chicken. The first thing he commented on when it came out was that it looked small. But they bring you food on these huge-ish plates, so I think the portion was adequate. He did eat every little bit, with nothing to spare. He also ordered a virgin Strawberry Daiquiri.

Disney2010May21-29037.jpg

DS9 ordered the kids fish dish and ate all of it as well.

Disney2010May21-29038.jpg

On to dessert...I ordered the bittersweet chocolate mousse with raspberry sauce. This was extrememly good, but extremely rich. Even with my love of chocolate, I couldn't eat it all. It was presented beautifully though, here's a look:
19.jpg

DH ordered the Cherries Jubilee, which they brought out with a candle and Happy Birthday written on the plate. He enjoyed all of these extra touches!
18.jpg

DS13 ordered the almond encrusted cheesecake. He's a cheesecake lover so this was no surprise, but of course he ate until there wasn't even a tiny little crumb left on the plate.

20.jpg

DS 9 had the brownie sundae:

Disney2010May21-29043.jpg

This was our first visit to the Grand Floridian, and DH and I agree that it is the most beautiful resort that we've ever been too. I would LOVE to stay here one day...will have to do some serious work to the budget though :teacher: I would have liked to have explored the resort a little more, but it was after 11pm when we left. Here's a couple of pics though:
Disney2010May21-29051.jpg

Disney2010May21-29048.jpg

22.jpg

21.jpg

One thing that we weren't expecting from the evening (other than the crying jag during Wishes) was for all of the transportation to be shut down for the evening!!! We caught the last monorail to the TTC, but there were no busses, nothing!!! Luckily there was a cab hanging out, so we took it back to the resort. I think this was the highlight of the boys trip :confused: They had never been in a taxi and thought it was awesome, hmmmm.

And that, my friends, concludes our night :)

When the whole family went in 2006, we got the ORIGINAL free dining discount ($1900 in free food!), spent a day in US/IOA "free" with leftover tickets from a trip in 1999 AND had coupons from the Entertainment book for a free lunch for each of us at Margaritaville on Citywalk. DH spent the whole week saying, "Are you sure we don't have to pay for this?? Took me 3 days to convince him not to pay for snacks!

You know, I'm sure the original dining plan was awesome. The tips were already taken care of, and the appi was included. I know it would have been way too much food for us, but some of the appi's look great and we never have room for them considering we're getting dessert. I kind of like the idea of having a choice between the appi and a dessert.

That sounds like an awesome trip you had, and pretty darn economical:thumbsup2 It's not too often you can say you had an "economical" trip!!

I love the pictures of the desserts from Narccoossees. I love their cheesecake too!

I'm thoroughly enjoying reading your reviews.

You and your family are beautiful-looking people. :) Your older son has a wardrobe my son would envy since he recently became a big Aeropostale fan.

I'm really enjoying your report. You ate at many of our favorites that we just can't stay away from, like WPE, Narcoosee's, CHH. I never get tired of hearing about and seeing picures of food at Disney World!!! Thanks for taking the time to share....:cloud9:

I love the pictures of the desserts from Narccoossees. I love their cheesecake too!

Thank you! I didn't try the cheesecake, mainly because my son ate it up so fast I didn't have a chance to ask for a taste :laughing: The desserts were presented so beautifully, and everything on the plates were edible.

I'm thoroughly enjoying reading your reviews.

You and your family are beautiful-looking people. :) Your older son has a wardrobe my son would envy since he recently became a big Aeropostale fan.

Thank you so much for your compliment :)

We hit up Aeropostale when they have their big sales. My son is moving to a new school this year, and for the first time in his life, he won't have to wear a uniform!! So he'll actually get to wear his regular clothes to school!

I'm really enjoying your report. You ate at many of our favorites that we just can't stay away from, like WPE, Narcoosee's, CHH. I never get tired of hearing about and seeing picures of food at Disney World!!! Thanks for taking the time to share....:cloud9:

Thank you so much Ciera!! I'm enjoying writing this report...it's kind of like the vacation isn't completely over yet, even though we've been home for 2 weeks now. After I finish this, I'll start working on my scrapbook. Kind of like therapy in a way, I guess.

So Narcoosee's is consistently good? I kept reading some pretty bad reviews and I was a little worried. But we loved it :lovestruc We don't eat lobster hardly ever, so it was a wonderful treat! WPE is THE best CS, as far as I'm concerned.

Great reviews so far! You have such a beautiful family!!

I just had to add in about Aeropostale, if you can find an outlet the clothes are SUPER cheap! Just a couple of bucks for teeshirts and sometimes $10 for hoodies. We have one about 45 minutes from us and I haven't been in a while but Labor Day weekend we usually go and they have great bargains!

Good moring! I wanted to keep going with this report, because I have zero time during the week. So here goes...

Thursday, May 27th- we wake up bright and early and head over to Epcot. We make it there way before rope drop and visit with some friends who were visiting the same time we were :thumbsup2

We did our normal thing, Soarin, TT, etc. I know this is a food report, but I do have to mention that I conquered a fear on this day...I rode the orange version of Mission Space:scared1: I was always afraid that it would trigger a migraine, not that I would throw up. But after some encouragement and good advice from my friends, I gave it a try and I survived!!!! With no migraine!!!! And no puking!!!!! My favorite ride in all the parks is Rock N Roller Coaster, so it's not that I'm a wimp, it's just that spinning really gets to me. I didn't even ride the Tea Cups! BUT, that's because DS13 makes it his personal mission to make me sick if at all possible, so I declined. Hateful child, he is.

Anywho, after MS I did feel a little out of the ordinary so we decided we better go ahead and have lunch. Normally we would venture into the world showcase for lunch, but today was a very special day for DH!!! As mentioned earlier, we were celebrating his birthday, so for his gift I bought him the Aqua Sea's snorkeling tour :banana: So we wanted to stay in that area so he wouldn't be late meeting his group.

We headed over to Sunshine Season's because I thought my family would like the choices. It was crowded, loud, and honestly just a bit over stimulating in there. I think I was bothered by this only because I had just gotten off of MS and was feeling kinda weird. Anyway, DH and DS13 ordered sandwiches, so I didn't even take pics of them. But DS9 and myself ordered the Cashew Chicken and the Mongolian Ginger Beef. They were both pretty good, and I liked the Udon noodles. Didn't care so much for the veggies. We had some rice crispie treats and cookies for dessert and were more than full. I recommend this place if you don't want to go into the world showcase, otherwise, I'd skip it.

Here's the cashew chicken:
Disney2010May21-29069.jpg

The Mongolian Ginger Beef:
Disney2010May21-29068.jpg

As a side note, I also include a couple of pics from the Aqua Tour. My DH had never been snorkeling, and he said this was the best birthday present he's ever had :love::grouphug: That's how much he enjoyed himself! Actually, he is currently working on his Scuba certification, because he REALLY wants to dive. If you have any questions about the Aqua Tour, let me know and I would be happy to go into details. Wondering why I didn't do it?? One word....sharks :scared1: I have a completely irrational fear of sharks. I know they're well fed, they're used to humans, they stay at the bottom, etc. Nope. Ain't doing it. (I am from the south after all, so we're entitled to say "ain't" every now and again).

My husband and two other women were the only one's signed up that day for the tour, so one of the guys who works there came and get the boys and myself when the snorkeling was almost over and took us to the very top of the aquarium!!!!!! It was soooooo cool :cool1: So he took some pictures of us up there and took us behind the scenes. The dolphins were in a holding take while their regular home was being cleaned, so we got to see them too! Like I said, let me know if you have any questions.

Here's the pic of us at the top of the aquarium. You can see my DH still in the water:
43.jpg

Now, DH would kill me dead if he knew I put this picture of him on here. So don't tell him. It's our little secret:

282pic1.jpg

Yes, they make you walk through the crowd in your wet suit :eek:

Enough of that, and on to more food! We toured the world showcase and grabbed a pastry in France. I can't remember what we had, but they were a delictable delight, none the less. Something creamy and fluffy and oh so fattening. We also discovered this trip that it is true...you can ask for ice water at any CS location and it is FREE!!!!

Dinner that evening was at Chef's De France. This was DH pick because he wanted to try the duck. I've read some fairly negative reviews about Chef's, but we were willing to give it a shot. The first thing I noticed when we walked inside was that it was LOUD!!!!! The tables were close together, which didn't bother me, but it was LOUD!!!! Of course we were there around 6pm so it was major crowded, typically dinner time. Our waiter was Phillipe, and he was magnificent! He took his time with us, talked to the boys, explained menu choices, etc. Everywhere he went, he hustled. He earned his tip that night, that's for sure!!

Dh had the duck, and declared it exceptional!!! He loved it!
Disney2010May21-29196.jpg

I had the price fixe menu with lobster bisque as the appi. Oh.My. this was goooood!!! Creamy and flavorful without being too tomato-ish. Or fishy. Because you know that fishy-fish is unacceptable. The lobster bisque was actually more of a serving than I thought, because between that and the bread, I was full before my entree came out!! Speaking of entree, I had the macaroni and cheese. This was no ordinary mac and cheese, folks! I ate as much as I possible could without feeling ill. I especially tried to eat all of the pasta on top because the cheese had a little crisp to it. MMmmmmm, good.

Disney2010May21-29197-1.jpg

DS13 had the lobster bisque and the chicken dish. Surprise, surprise...he ate it all with no complaints.

Disney2010May21-29199.jpg

DS9 had the fish. Again. He ate every bit and most of his green beans. His also came with a salad, which he didn't eat because he didn't like the dressing. Phillipe did get him to try a tomato though. He was charming, even to the kids. I would imagine he would be a ruthless flirt to any females who were lacking male companionship at the table. After all, he does want a good tip :lmao:
Disney2010May21-29198.jpg

On to dessert....I had the profiteroles. They were very rich, very chocolately, and to be honest, I was just full that I couldn't really enjoy them. I think I may have eaten one, but there was no way I could eat two. DS13 was happy to take it off my hands though. That child can eat. Whew!
Disney2010May21-29200.jpg

DH had the fruit sorbet, and I think this may have been his fav dessert of the trip. He said it was perfect on a hot day, after a rich meal. Another thumbs up!
Disney2010May21-29201.jpg

DS9 had a cookie.

One more thing I tried on this trip....the Grand Marnier Slushie. Now this was nice!!! Tasted great, like an orange sherbet pop. You could barely taste the alcohol, and it was perfect on a warm evening :cloud9: Since I hardly ever drink, two of these would have made me silly :rotfl:

Ah, ha! I found the pic of the beignets! I knew it was around here somewhere.
Disney2010May21-29698.jpg

Also just wanted to share my Mary Poppins and Bert picture. I love Mary Poppins and it has taken me 4 trips to get a pic with her!!! She and Bert were both lovely!
70.jpg

That concludes our day at Epcot. Hope you enjoyed!!

Up next:
50's Prime Time Cafe
Yak n Yets CS
Boma

So Narcoosee's is consistently good? I kept reading some pretty bad reviews and I was a little worried. But we loved it :lovestruc We don't eat lobster hardly ever, so it was a wonderful treat! WPE is THE best CS, as far as I'm concerned.

It's always been great for us! I read negative reviews on all Disney restaurants, resorts, parks you name it. But everyone has their likes and dislikes, so we try a place and if we like it we go back. And WPE is WONDERFUL, I agree!!! We eat there at least twice per trip... :love:

It's always been great for us! I read negative reviews on all Disney restaurants, resorts, parks you name it. But everyone has their likes and dislikes, so we try a place and if we like it we go back. And WPE is WONDERFUL, I agree!!! We eat there at least twice per trip... :love:

Sometimes when we find something that we really like and enjoy, we have trouble straying from it and trying something new. Have you eaten at Cali Grill?

Great reviews so far! You have such a beautiful family!!

I just had to add in about Aeropostale, if you can find an outlet the clothes are SUPER cheap! Just a couple of bucks for teeshirts and sometimes $10 for hoodies. We have one about 45 minutes from us and I haven't been in a while but Labor Day weekend we usually go and they have great bargains!

Thank you so much for reading!!!

That's great to know about the Aero outlet. I need to find one in my area!!

Your hubby looks so handsome in that picture, I doubt he will mind that you posted it. (He's hot!)

And speaking of hot, your server at Chefs sounds like the one we had last August. Ours was named Sebastian, and he was oo-la-la! ;)

The chicken dish looks good. Last year, it was listed on the fixed prixe menu as being roasted and served with a tomato dish and rissole potatoes. That tater dish was also served with the filet mignon my husband ordered--it looked just like scalloped potatoes. No one in my group ordered the chicken, but I saw it on a nearby table, and it looked just as was described, which is not what your photo depicts. Do you recall how it was described on the menu?

Thanks for the reviews! I'm particularly thankful for your pics of your DS9's meals at Chefs and Narcoossee. We have ressies there and I was wondering how the kids' meals looked. A pic is worth a thousand words. Both looked pretty good. It's great that your DS likes fish. I love fish, but my kids are hit and miss with fish. Sometimes they love it and sometimes they won't even take a bite. :confused3

I'm really enjoying your report and photos! Isn't Mary Poppins wonderful? One of our very best character encounters was with her years ago. She kept complimenting my kids for their politeness and excellent grammar. They just loved her!

We'll be having lunch at Les Chefs in July. I think I'm sold on the lobster bisque and the duck. That duck looks so yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter