Thanks for making my snow day a magical one yesterday! What a perfect time to discover your amazing trip reports!!

Spectacular!! What a special experience. I have tried to play the soundtrack but the links bring me back to the report on your blog.

Holy cow!! Everything looks amazing!!

Disney absolutely outdid themselves!

WOW ! You and your planning are amazing !
It was a beautiful event.
Happy Anniversary !

Thanks so much! I was so pleased with how it turned out!

That is awesome! I've missed your trip reports... you always do such fun things. Please write more!

That is so nice of you to say! I miss that sense of accomplishment when I get everything all written down and photographed. But I don't miss losing an entire weekend to each installment! I gotta figure out how to write less/faster... :rotfl:

Wow what an awesome anniversary memory. All of it was beautiful.

Thanks! I was so pleased with how Disney brought my wacky ideas to life!

Hi Carrie! It was so fun to see this link pop up! I will be back when I finish reading.

See you in a couple of months! :rotfl2:

Awesome! I read your Aulanai report a few years ago and had to check this out. What a great night!

That's so cool! I wish I had another Aulani trip to write about. That place is amazing!

so cool!!! love every part of what you did

Thank you! So you're not sad I didn't get Dino Donald? :teeth: :cutie:

Congratulations on such a fabulous anniversary! The table decor was perfect, and the colors were so vibrant. Loved your tiki inspired dress with the red shoes. Sorry to hear Frozen was down on your big night. My family now refers to FEA as Frozen NEVER After; the attraction is down so often you never get to ride. :rotfl: At least TT was up and running. I recall following your lovely wedding, so this was a real treat!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: OK, now I'm going to call it Frozen Never After too! Thank goodness we somehow managed to score a last-minute FASTPASS on our trip. Unfortunately, it just made me realize how much cooler a Frozen mix-in would have been at our party! :hyper:

I saw your cake over on the cake thread that I enjoy so much which led me here to your trip report. Thanks for sharing your amazing anniversary event. It looks like it was a great time.

I'm glad to hear you like the cake thread! It's so much fun to see what everyone has ordered!

Incredible event and pictures! :) Thank you for sharing!

Thanks for reading! It's a lot to slog through....

Thanks for making my snow day a magical one yesterday! What a perfect time to discover your amazing trip reports!!

Oh! Oh! Oh! I know snow isn't fun when you actually have to get stuff fun, but I love the idea of sitting there with a mug of hot chocolate reading the DIS instead of having to go to work or school! :surfweb:

Spectacular!! What a special experience. I have tried to play the soundtrack but the links bring me back to the report on your blog.

Dang! It looks like the shortcuts in my blog post aren't working. Well, if you click here and scroll scroll scroll till you get to the Tiki Dino-versary Playlist section, that's where the media player is. http://disneytravelbabble.com/blog/2017/03/13/our-tiki-dino-versary-party-at-universe-of-energy/ Thanks for letting me know!

I'm so happy to see you posting again Carrie, what an awesome anniversary.

Thanks for making me smile today :flower1:

I'm so happy to see you posting again Carrie, what an awesome anniversary.

Thanks for making me smile today :flower1:

Yay! I'm glad to—thanks for reading! It's really nice to have something to share again on the DIS!

What an amazing event! Will you be sharing cost details with us?

So originally they told me the venue fee was $6,500 and broke my heart—I'd been saving for our anniversary, but not THAT much! Eventually I managed to talk them down to the same venue fee they charge for the Great Movie Ride, since the two have identical ride systems: $3,600. Still very, very painful, but more in the realm of possibility! The food and beverage minimum is $1,080, which is unfortunately quite easy to reach with 10 people and the prices Disney charges for food and cake!

What a great party! Thanks for sharing the awesome photos & recap!

Thanks for reading!

So originally they told me the venue fee was $6,500 and broke my heart—I'd been saving for our anniversary, but not THAT much! Eventually I managed to talk them down to the same venue fee they charge for the Great Movie Ride, since the two have identical ride systems: $3,600. Still very, very painful, but more in the realm of possibility! The food and beverage minimum is $1,080, which is unfortunately quite easy to reach with 10 people and the prices Disney charges for food and cake!

Thanks Carrie! I'm still on the fence about what to do for my event in October. Your party was fabulous but a bit out of my budget. It's so fun that you save and plan for these parties. So much better than buying more stuff. They are truly memorable experiences.

Cue the time machine soundtrack, it's 2 months later and I'm caught up! :rotfl2:

I love everything about your event! So fun that your guests got to pop out into the venue to a surprise Dino greeting! The throw back food theme and decor were perfect! Even your hairstyle added to the fun. Just yum on the cake choice. Cool background music. So classic.

You are obviously very talented and creative. Does the Disney planner help someone less creative with ideas, or just go with what is asked by the host?

Last edited:
What an awesome way to celebrate your anniversary! Your attention to detail is admirable, great pictures of a memorable event. I love your style of writing, and I'm sure your other Disney experiences would be fun to read about too! Thank you for sharing!

Thanks Carrie! I'm still on the fence about what to do for my event in October. Your party was fabulous but a bit out of my budget. It's so fun that you save and plan for these parties. So much better than buying more stuff. They are truly memorable experiences.

I can't wait to see what you do! popcorn::

Cue the time machine soundtrack, it's 2 months later and I'm caught up! :rotfl2:

I love everything about your event! So fun that your guests got to pop out into the venue to a surprise Dino greeting! The throw back food theme and decor were perfect! Even your hairstyle added to the fun. Just yum on the cake choice. Cool background music. So classic.

You are obviously very talented and creative. Does the Disney planner help someone less creative with ideas, or just go with what is asked by the host?

I'm so glad you made it to the end! :rotfl: In my experience, Disney's planners offer varying degrees of helpfulness (this guy was the MOST helpful!) but so far I have never had one that came up with out-of-the-box ideas. Supposedly they exist! But there's a lot of plug 'n' play at Disney, it seems. Your planner might suggest what they call "event concepts," where they've mapped out, say, a Hollywood Movie Premiere party and will rent you a red carpet; hire out face characters to play the Starlet, the Director, and Paparazzi; offer photography services; and rent you decor to support this theme. But if you want something they don't have a concept for, they just keep suggesting stuff they already have that only sorta fits.

What an awesome way to celebrate your anniversary! Your attention to detail is admirable, great pictures of a memorable event. I love your style of writing, and I'm sure your other Disney experiences would be fun to read about too! Thank you for sharing!

Thank you, and thanks for reading! If you are interested in falling down that rabbit hole, I have all my past trip reports (Tokyo Disney! Aulani! Tower of Terror party!) here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/trip-reports/

I'm so glad you made it to the end! :rotfl: In my experience, Disney's planners offer varying degrees of helpfulness (this guy was the MOST helpful!) but so far I have never had one that came up with out-of-the-box ideas. Supposedly they exist! But there's a lot of plug 'n' play at Disney, it seems. Your planner might suggest what they call "event concepts," where they've mapped out, say, a Hollywood Movie Premiere party and will rent you a red carpet; hire out face characters to play the Starlet, the Director, and Paparazzi; offer photography services; and rent you decor to support this theme. But if you want something they don't have a concept for, they just keep suggesting stuff they already have that only sorta fits.

I suppose they get jaded and if they aren't that invested in the outcome, like they should be, they will just do what works for most. Good thing you can run with your ideas!

What a really awesome experience.

Thanks for sharing with us!

Thank you for reading! It's a lot to slog through....

Thanks for sharing - I miss your Trip Reports dearly! We still love them, even if its not anything "new" to us. Your details and photos and sense of humor writing make them a fun read.

Thanks for saying that! I wish I had more time to write them... also money to go on more trips! :rotfl:

Wow what a super fun party!!! I've been following you since you got married (but not in a creepy stalker way, I swear) and I love to read the anniversary updates! So creative and so fun! The soundtrack was great, too- I did listen to it as I read.

One day I will do that vow renewal/anniversary party I've thought about for years - at first it was for our 10th but we are nearly at our 18th, so I think I'm holding out for our 20th in 2019! Meanwhile, I'm following journals and the podcast so I can plan and dream and save! Thanks for sharing with us!

HHHmmmmmmm...... mental note -

need to ask you a few questions about Tokyo Japan as I will out and about there next year -popcorn::

ANYWHO -
Getting all caught up here on yer TR.....:goodvibes

Luv the pics -

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter