"The Love Boat" is headed to the scrapyard...

Let the lyrics take you back.....sing along now!

Love, exciting and new
Come aboard, we're expecting you
Love, life's sweetest reward
Let it flow, it floats back to you

Love Boat soon will be making another run
The Love Boat promises something for everyone
Set a course for adventure
Your mind on a new romance

And love won't hurt anymore
It's an open smile on a friendly shore
It's love
Welcome aboard
It's love!

My first cruise was in 2004 on HAL with my mom. Just before the cruise, I happened to be singing "the loooove boat"...and my husband came along. He said, "It had better NOT be 'the LOVE boat'!" :rotfl2:

When I was in fifth grade I sailed on the Pacific on her last sailing to Alaska with Princess. It was my first time on a boat. I thought it was AWESOME until we parked next to a new Princess boat in one of the ports and asked my mother why we were not on that boat. Back then if it was they same cruise line you could tour the other boats. Needless to say after that tour I thought our boat sucked :rotfl: We were in one of the lowest rooms on the boat, I swear it was a room designed for crew. all four beds folded out of the wall and the closet was flat against the wall. Terrible... terrible room.

When I was in fifth grade I sailed on the Pacific on her last sailing to Alaska with Princess. It was my first time on a boat. I thought it was AWESOME until we parked next to a new Princess boat in one of the ports and asked my mother why we were not on that boat. Back then if it was they same cruise line you could tour the other boats. Needless to say after that tour I thought our boat sucked :rotfl: We were in one of the lowest rooms on the boat, I swear it was a room designed for crew. all four beds folded out of the wall and the closet was flat against the wall. Terrible... terrible room.

how sad,i grew up watching that show i allways dreamed of taking a cruise back then. Never did i think i would even when disney cruise line came back in 97. But in 2002 i got the chance to cruise and it was with disney and the wonder. I will be taking another cruise this september this time it will be on the fantasy. how small dose the pacffic princess look when conparried. There was a magic to the love boat knowing that by the end evrything would be find. Hey did you know that teri hachter who plays susan on desprate housewifes was on i think the last season?

"Come aboard, exciting and new..." "The Loooove Boat"

"Exciting and NEW" ... it's funny the April cruise we are doing is the Mexican Riveria and that use to be the route that the Shows Ship popcorn::did ... I think I picked it because it was going to PV :sad1:

how sad,i grew up watching that show i allways dreamed of taking a cruise back then. Never did i think i would even when disney cruise line came back in 97. But in 2002 i got the chance to cruise and it was with disney and the wonder. I will be taking another cruise this september this time it will be on the fantasy. how small dose the pacffic princess look when conparried. There was a magic to the love boat knowing that by the end evrything would be find. Hey did you know that teri hachter who plays susan on desprate housewifes was on i think the last season?

I'm not sure about the show my mom was a fan I was too young, but the boat is SO small. I looked up the specks to compare

Pacific:
Tonnage: 20,636
Length: 550 ft
Beam: 80 ft
Total people: 1,200
Decks: 8

Wonder:
Tonnage: 83,000
Length: 964 ft
Beam: 106 ft
Total People: 3,345 (9945 crew alone!)
Decks: 11

Like I said the ship was SOOOOO smalll! But as an 8 year-old I was clueless the boat was so much fun until I knew what I was missing. Now had I been an adult and interested in looking at scenery this boat would have been amazing. For in todays market a boat this boat cost 3-5 times as much now

"Exciting and NEW" ... it's funny the April cruise we are doing is the Mexican Riveria and that use to be the route that the Shows Ship popcorn::did ... I think I picked it because it was going to PV :sad1:

I wouldn't be too worried, from what I gather as long as you stay in the city or do water tours you should have no problems. We head down there in December and that will be our plan of action when or if we leave the boat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter