The LONG wait is going to KILL ME! Anyone else waiting many months before they go?

hydster

<font color=teal>Self Proclaimed <font color=green
We are leaving on the 14th of NOVEMBER and it is already starting to get to me that we booked it so late in the year but since hubby and I just got home from a cruise the 22nd of January we cant "budget" it any earlier! Anyone else like me and having to wait an eternity before they get to go?
This will be our first cruise with the kids, the first time at Disneyworld (although we have been to Disneyland several times a year) and our first cruise with Disney! We are soaking up as much information as possible but still have 9 months to go! Maybe when it gets warmer and my kids can play outside it wont be so hard to wait but right now it is KILLING ME!
Anyone else in the same "boat" so to speak?
Heidi

I've not got quite so long to wait but I know the feeling! On our first DCL cruise, we booked Christmas Eve to cruise in Feb, then on our second, we booked June to go Aug. This year, we booked Jan to cruise Aug and I don't think I'll be able to stand the wait! I want my docs NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Well our cruise isn't THAT far off (May 30) but I am excited about it. It'll be our first cruise ever so we decided the best way to find out if we'll like cruises would be to take a short 3 day one (we got the 4 day land, 3 day sea package.) Right now I'm actually more excited about going to DisneyWorld than the cruise since I KNOW how much fun we'll have at DisneyWorld. It's been about 5 years since I was last there and there's SO much I want to do.

After reading this board and other sites I'm hoping we now have enough upfront info to help us get the most out of the cruise portion of our vacation. Even though I'm very excited I can handle the suspense . . . mostly because I realize how much everything's going to cost. ;)

I am right there with you. We have 242 days until we go on our first Disney cruise. I am dying! I'm ready to go now. Nice to know I am not alone though.

I have 327 days until I leave... does that qualify as a LONG wait?:D

It's driving me crazy too! I want to leave now! I'm so desperate for a vacation, that I'm considering an interim one to carry me through!

Sad though, when I look at the official cruise list - I'm the only one on my cruise :(

We're talking eternity here....try waiting 810 days :(

Yes, we booked our first family reunion cruise on Magic 26 mos in advance! It has been very hard to wait but these boards have been a source of invaluable information and a true sense of inspiration until December. Down to 10 mos and counting! :D

Booked our first Disney vacation with the kids last month....For 2003
now thats a loooooong way off!!!! Doing the land/sea vacation, first time to Disney World for any of us, kids will be 6 and 8, they can't wait!! Trying to soak up all the info I can on Disney World with never having been there, I think I need a guide book, any good suggestions??? Want to make the most of our 4 days at the parks.
Cruising....This will be our 4th cruise, can't wait, nothing at all beats the cruise. I would have loved the 7 day Disney, but kids really want to see Disney World, so we opted for the land/sea vacation.

It's nearly 8 months until my wife cruises again (with her mom and aunt), and over 9 months until my wife and I take our 3-night "adults only" cruise. I am now in the habit of booking at least one or two Disney vacations in advance, so I've gotten used to the wait. It doesn't make it any easier, but I take some comfort in looking at the toolbar at the bottom of my screen and knowing that my return to WDW (or DCL) is only a matter of time.

yes it's killing me.....even though i'm used to it....
we spend 3 weeks at WDW every summer......
i make the reservations in the fall, shortly after we get back...
people think i'm totally nuts and i guess they're right...
although we've been to WDW over 25 times, as well as to Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Disneyland Tokyo, this is our first cruise so we're all psyched about it and can't wait...
the only problem is getting into that metal tube that flies 5 miles up in the air.....but we have to cross the atlantic somehow.....i'm a strong swimmer but not that srong...
of course, if we enjoy the cruise, perhaps we'll switch to crossing the atlantic by ship.....

Dont worry! The time will fly!!!!
We booked last February(2001), for July 2002. It seemed like forever away and that it would never come. Now we are down to 21 weeks and coutning. That does still sound like a lot, but when we started at 70 something it feels like its right around the corner now. And as time goes by you will get more and more excited!!!!!
Happy planning!

I can relate to the long wait... We are doing 3/land 4/sea next Feb. 26th 388 days to go. All my siblings/hubbies/and our parents and 7 kids are going.. What gets me is knowing what a great time we will all have and seeing Disney through the eyes of my kids. That's what I can't wait for. I swear I'll have the video of Disney wore out by the time we go. My daughter 4 has never been to Disney my son 12 was when he was little. When I know that they are having so much fun I get a little emotional I guess that's why they call it "Wonderful memories". Seeing things through their eyes... It won't be here soon enough.. I try not to think about it 24/7. It's our first cruise too.:pinkbounc

We booked in January for a June 2003 cruise. I love to look forward to my vacations and plan every little detail. That is the best part for me. We went to DW in June 2001, and for the first time in 1998. Believe me, you need to plan every detail to get the most out of the World. Did practically no planning in 1998, and didn't have near as much fun. It is awesome!

Dear Samsma, this is our 1st cruise what type of details should I worry about now? I know when we board we will be making ressies for spa/Palo we've made our resort ressies too. Staying at Poly Help me I've never done this before. I have a ton of questions. Were in cat. 6 Deluxe rooms with varandahs. Were planning on having kids do there programs when they want too. We probubly won't see our son alot. My main question is how much extra $$ should we need for the cruise? We might do a excursion probubly surial bath hubby & me. Have son do a excursion were not big drinkers maybe a drink or 2 every day. Why not were on vacation. Probubly a t-shirt or something for each of us. Plus the tips so do you have any ideas how much $$ we will need to bring?? Thanks so much for any input. I'm one that is anal about details and planning , BeckyB.

I can certainly relate to that. I booked our cruise on Dec 8/01 for Dec 7/02 Western cruise. As of today I only have 305 days left! What is really hard is I have nobody to share my anticipation with, as it is a surprise for my DH, DD, and DS. I'm bursting at the seams!

I cant imagine not being able to tell anyone in your family and yet I wish I hadnt told my kids but me being a kid in a LARGE body I had to tell them..couldnt hold it any longer! LOL
I feel for all of us waiting to go! When we booked our Carnival Spirit cruise we booked it 15 months out because it was a new ship due to come out and head to Alaska and we wanted warmth and Carribean so we had to wait it out and it was definitely harder to wait it out when it was cold than in the Summer for us!LOL
Anyway glad to know I am NOT alone!!

As for ALL of us FIRST TIMERS to both WDW and DCL we are going to have a great time!
All of you EXPERIENCED ONES PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Start sending out must do's and dont's so we can start preparing!! I am starting ALREADY (how compulsive am I?) to keep a list of things to do and not do according to this and another board so please send me ideas and thoughts ANYTIME! You can email me or send them to me here!
THanks!
Heidi
Code:
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&prgb=32CD32&cdt=2002;11;13;22;00;00&timezone=MST-0500[/img]

Only 12 days till our 2002 :D :D :D

377 till our 2003!! :bounce:

Had to book the 2003 as well, that gives us something to look forward to so the "end of the cruise" letdown is not as bad.:smooth:

Robin

We're in the process of booking our 7 day cruise for June 2003! This will be our first cruise EVER!

We are already addicted to finding out as much info on St. Thomas and St. Maarten as we can! :rolleyes:

We are14 people in Michigan that are waiting 28 months!!!1 And we think we are gonna die!!! :)

Our "Magical" cruise is not until Aug. 17th. I talk about it everyday to
DH! I read these boards, EVERY DAY! I read the trip reports, over
and over. We will make a trip to Disney in June, but I'm still
dreaming about the cruise. These boards definitely help while you
are awaiting a wonderful vacation.

We booked last Sept. to cruise this Aug. We ar more than ready to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter