The Long Road to Princess 2021

KSellers88

DIS Veteran
Congrats! I've always thought about doing that race because I love the uniqueness of the medal!

• JAMIESMITH

DIS Veteran
    Congrats! I've always thought about doing that race because I love the uniqueness of the medal!
    The course is super hilly, but the support is amazing! There are around 300 people every year, so it's definitely a small race. You should totally do it!

JAMIESMITH

DIS Veteran
    I wanted to come back and share a few pictures from the Magnolia Half. I was running late and barely had time to park my car and use a porta-potty before they finished the national anthem :scared1:

A few form the start line: This was my first time to throw away a jacket, gloves, and ear muffs.

The really tall man in this shot was 7'2". I know because I asked! I chatted with him for about a mile, and he was super nice. This was his second half marathon, as well, but the hills really took him by surprise.

I'm in purple :goodvibes which is fitting because this race raises money for alheimers patients.

This is me following my new friend Lisa through one of the water stops. She was so encouraging!

And one more, about a mile before the finish line.

I desperately need to lose some weight. I plan to start doing a lot more cross training and start back watching what I eat.

DopeyBadger

Imagathoner
    Great pics!

I've got to imagine that 7'2" runner has to be close to the tallest person to ever run a half marathon. I wasn't able to find anything on the internet though.

• JAMIESMITH

DIS Veteran
    I looked really hard at The Mississippi Blues Half on February 29th. Running on leap day is appealing to me for some reason. This is a race I've wanted to do for several years, but there was a change in management last year which resulted in some horrible reviews. I decided to shelve this race for now.

I have registered for the Hattiesburg Half Marathon on April 4th. I'm trying really hard to convince my cousin Marie and Aunt Stephanie to run it as well. Neither of them have run farther than a 5K, but I think Aunt Steph will probably be faster than me! This race was voted the best half in Mississippi this year on Race Raves. Here is the complete list. It's also a much flatter course which should help me get a faster proof of time for Disney.

Speaking of Disney, I am fairly confident that Princess 2021 is not going to happen for me. Wine and Dine might, but it's also possible I could wait until Princess 2022. I'm not going to change my training journal title until I have firmer plans.

KSellers88

DIS Veteran
    I looked really hard at The Mississippi Blues Half on February 29th. Running on leap day is appealing to me for some reason. This is a race I've wanted to do for several years, but there was a change in management last year which resulted in some horrible reviews. I decided to shelve this race for now.
    We have a wedding in Hattiesburg this same weekend, so I had thought about it too. But reading this may have changed my mind. LOL

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DIS INSTAGRAM