The Light at the End of the Tunnel - First trip since Covid

Your family is so cute! Good call on the outfits, too!
- I just added bandaids to my packing list. That's funny that you put the credit cards and IDs on your list as I do. Like when have I ever gotten in the car without my license? But probably the first time I don't list it is the first time I'll not have it.
- Now I feel guilty. We "forced" DD (then 4) into a WDW honey pot. But she ended up loving it. Phew! In my defense, my kid had spent a week telling her preschool friends she was going to ride Splash Mountain, but after we foolishly took her on Maelstrom (we were waiting on a Princess meal) we weren't sure she'd ever get on a ride again! You probably made the wise choice there, though it does appear you got over your own childhood ride trauma. :)
Thank you for your TR. I'm not sure we'll make such detailed plans as you did, but we're going to DL for the first time this summer, and TR's like this are so helpful just to have any idea at all what to expect and how to navigate!

Thanks so much!
- Now I feel guilty. We "forced" DD (then 4) into a WDW honey pot. But she ended up loving it. Phew! In my defense, my kid had spent a week telling her preschool friends she was going to ride Splash Mountain, but after we foolishly took her on Maelstrom (we were waiting on a Princess meal) we weren't sure she'd ever get on a ride again! You probably made the wise choice there, though it does appear you got over your own childhood ride trauma. :)
I'm sure you have a feeling for what your DD will benefit from, it's not all the same situation for every kid. As a kid I did usually enjoy the rides I was forced onto, and truthfully I wasn't traumatized, I just didn't like it lol.

Thanks so much!

I'm sure you have a feeling for what your DD will benefit from, it's not all the same situation for every kid. As a kid I did usually enjoy the rides I was forced onto, and truthfully I wasn't traumatized, I just didn't like it lol.

It's true, every kid is different. I've never forced anyone onto a ride, but I've heavily bribed, with the promise that they just have to try it once. The older three usually liked it, and so far my youngest 2 don't like it, but have never seemed traumatized. (Except for maybe Tower of Terror/Guardians, haha) My kids are a little sensitive. Most of my siblings were taken on Space Mountain first day, first visit, first thing when they were like 4, and they all seemed traumatized at the time, but they all love Disneyland and thrill rides now.

It's true, every kid is different. I've never forced anyone onto a ride, but I've heavily bribed, with the promise that they just have to try it once. The older three usually liked it, and so far my youngest 2 don't like it, but have never seemed traumatized. (Except for maybe Tower of Terror/Guardians, haha) My kids are a little sensitive. Most of my siblings were taken on Space Mountain first day, first visit, first thing when they were like 4, and they all seemed traumatized at the time, but they all love Disneyland and thrill rides now.
I love the idea of heavy bribing! I'll give that a try next time

Thanks so much!

Oh, sorry! I mean I didn't mean traumatized quite like that, but I'm very glad you weren't!
I think I just meant we were concerned as to whether my DD might have been. I think we called that one right for her, not that we are perfect parents by any means! I find it funny though how many parents end up with that same dilemma about rides, though we don't all end up making the same decisions, and somehow most of our kids all turn out okay regardless!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter