The Last Trip: An (Eastern) Fantasy Food Adventure-Bonus Feature, Pam & Her Mom Pt 2 Sept 17 the end

I'm here! Sorry I am late, blaming it on work being outragous because so many people are sick. Needless to say I am on sickleave too - at least for tomorrow (headcold). So time to catch up here and anywhere else. :goodvibes

Going back to read now. :thumbsup2

I'm here..ready to roll
That sounds like a pretty smooth travel day. Looking forward to the Fantasy.

:welcome: It was a fairly uneventful travel day, but very long!

Checking in as well! Looking forward to the trip.

:welcome: Happy to have you along!

Looking forward to your report, love reading about your adventures!

:welcome: Glad to have you aboard!

Excited to hopefully stay up-to-date on one of your trip reports instead of reading everything all at once towards the end :rotfl::banana:

My experiences at Bonefish down here have been really hit or miss. The location nearest to my parents' house in Orlando is great, but the one by me in Tampa is just... bad. Cold food. Waiting 45 min at the restaurant past our pickup time for takeout. Rude servers. DBF had a piece of fried fish there once that had no fish in it. Needless to say we have stopped trying to go to this one. Glad y'all enjoyed your meal there though!

:welcome: We don't have Bonefish Grill in my neck of the woods, so I had no expectations. Based on this experience I would go back in a similar situation. Out other choices were Longhorn Steakhouse, IHOP, Carrabba's Italian Grill and Ari Hibachi and Sushi.

So happy to be here! I have been lurking on your trip reports for ages, but I'm going to speak up to say "Hi" this time!!! Love your TR's so much, and hope to have a real life Fran and Alison spotting on one of my cruises or Disney vaycays someday! You are an excellent writer/ trip reporter and reading about your adventures with Fran always gets me through my missing Disney blues! Thanks for writing!

:welcome: Thank you for coming out of lurkdom, and thanks for the kind words about my TRs! I just try to tell it like it is!

I made it! :yay:

That was huge change on the luggage policy! :mad: Every time I fly it seems like something has gone up or they are charging more for something. And always searching my bags. Do they open all of your suitcases? Never had the do it going out of Spokane. But I've had my bags searched flying out of John Wayne, Orlando and Dulles in DC.

:welcome: I'm glad you made it over here. Yeah, it just makes me realize you can't assume that things stay the same. Check before every trip. They always search at least two of our bags. I think this time they only did one.

Home from Beauty and the Beast and a new TR from Alison! Oh yeah! Heading to bed but will comment tomorrow!

:welcome: How was the movie? I have a feeling that will be another one, that I have to wait to see. :sad2:

I, too, have just arrived home from Beauty and the Beast (loved it!!) and am ready and waiting for your next installment :)

:welcome: I'm glad you loved the movie, I hope to see it someday soon! But I won't count on it!

I am here and am looking forward to reading all about your take on the Fantasy!

I don't want to imagine what a nightmare it would have been if you had forgotten those pills! Dinner looked good and I am impressed that you managed to go out. I was thinking of you that evening eating dinner at the Wilderness Lodge.

:welcome: I'll give you a little spoiler, we loved it! OMG, I'm just glad we caught the missing pills while we were still close to home! I'm sad we didn't get to meet up with you and Michael, but we were just far enough away that it wouldn't have worked.

Joining In!

That lasagna looks nasty - no wonder you didn't enjoy it! Sorry they changed the bag policy on you without letting you know!

Glad you enjoyed Bonefish. We haven't been there in years (so many better seafood options around here) but we used to enjoy when we were in Georgia.

:welcome: Yeah, the lasagne was gross, so I was very hungry by dinner time. We also have much better fish restaurants in Long Beach, but it was close and did the job.

Haven't even read... just place holding! :)

:welcome: I know the feeling!

Can't wait to hear about this trip.

:welcome: Can't wait to get on with the next update, but I've gotta scan the Navigators first!

I would have asked for an extra sundae to make up for that meal - yeech!

Sorry you had to dump all of your beverages, but that was a crazy amount of money!

Glad you were able to get out to the restaurant.

:welcome:

I can't do that much sugar to have a second sundae! We didn't have to dump all our beverages. I had spread them out over the five suitcases. I still had three bottles of wine, more than half a dozen Mtn Dews, a few bottles of diet Dr. Pepper, and some water. I nknew I was going to have to restock at one of the ports.

Though I can't look at pictures at work, I am still following along.

I LOL'd at the line: "In our previously great country we've seen 23 states together." Though it's not really a laughing matter, I suppose.

If you can't rely on your humor in times of tragedy, you'll go insane!

Same here! :scared:

Yeah, SNL is what has become great again!

Can't wait to read about your trip. I love all your trip reports.

:welcome: Nice to have you along!

I'm here! :teeth:

But I must come back to read.

:welcome: Don't worry that seems to be a common theme!

I'm here, too!

:welcome: Happy you made it here!

Hola! :wave: I'm here. Thank you for the bat signal.

Looooove the nostalgia pics of you and Fran- so fun.

My friend is a manager at a Bonefish Grill. Never been there, looks okay.

That lasagna does look a little iffy. I agree Fran's white bread sandwich with Fritos sounds better. Who doesn't love Fritos?! The sundaes however look devine.

Can't wait to see you in two weeks. Joshua and I arrive the night of 4/1; let's plan! :woohoo:

Checking in.

Of course she still needed to give me a bunch more clothes and things, but finally at around 10PM, I loaded the suitcases into the car. By 11:15 I was going to bed. I did actually get to sleep that night! Almost six hours!

Well done on being so organized and getting some sleep.

Luckily we didn't encounter traffic and were only a few minutes late for our desired arrival time.

That sounds like a minor miracle.

Evidently they had changed the rules. They wanted us to pay $150 to check this third bag.

What a pain that they changed the rules. $150 seems to be a lot to check an extra bag.

Corinna

I'm a long time lurker here and have enjoyed all your trip reports. Please finish up cleaning out your old apartment so you can rent it out and plan more trips and write more reports. We'd all really miss them, and you and Fran. Looking forward to reading this one. You're a very good writer and photographer.

I enjoy your trip reports, too!!!! I've been reading them for awhile, and it's fun to hear how other people experience and do Disney. I've done a lot of the trips and events, at various times, that you've shared, too! I'm in the Chicagoland area so I travel to both parks, too, plus DCL and ABD!

And, I can so relate to your trying to clean out your apartment, etc. I'm trying to go through things that I don't use or need anymore, mostly in my basement, and I swear I have a half a basement full of Disney stuff. I don't know if I'll ever to get rid of the things (i.e.: pins) that I don't necessarily want anymore. I keep finding so much old Disney memorabilia that I treasure and will never get rid of, though!

I have some friends on the Fantasy this week on the Star Wars Cruise. Wish I could have joined them!

Last edited:
I'm here! Sorry I am late, blaming it on work being outragous because so many people are sick. Needless to say I am on sickleave too - at least for tomorrow (headcold). So time to catch up here and anywhere else. :goodvibes

Going back to read now. :thumbsup2

Sorry you're having to fill in so much at work, and now that you are sick too! I do understand being behind on everyone's TRs!

I'm here reading along. I can't wait to see the ship!

There is picture of the ship in the next update, but it will take a few updates to really start showing the ship itself.

Hola! :wave: I'm here. Thank you for the bat signal.

Looooove the nostalgia pics of you and Fran- so fun.

I knew that you would appreciate those pictures!

My friend is a manager at a Bonefish Grill. Never been there, looks okay.

That lasagna does look a little iffy. I agree Fran's white bread sandwich with Fritos sounds better. Who doesn't love Fritos?! The sundaes however look devine.

It was OK, kind of like Chilis, or Mimi's. Decent food, some options there. Hey! We like our white bread sandwiches! None of that pesky bread that gets splinters in your teeth!

Can't wait to see you in two weeks. Joshua and I arrive the night of 4/1; let's plan! :woohoo:

We'll be out at the park on 4/1. There is a Guy Fieri demo at 6:00PM, if last weekend's demo is any indication we'll be in there until 7:30 and if last year's demo with Guy is any indication, we'll be in there until 8:30 or 9PM!

I'm in! Will be back later to comment.

:welcome: There is a lot of that going around!

:wave: I'm here! Glad to see you started your new TR! Looking forward to hearing more.

Nice room!

Looks like a nice dinner, I have never been to Bonefish Grill before but I had heard some good things. There is one near here but hubby is not a fan of seafood so I probably won't get there anytime soon. I try telling him he can get chicken and steak there but he's not having any of it, LOL

So it starts.

The last trip.

If you haven't been following along, this is our last trip we're going to take until we finally get our a$$es out of our old house.

You keep saying that...:rolleyes1

Our first trip together was to the Riverwalk in San Antonio TX.

We'll be seeing that in less than a month!:woohoo:

We've been to Canada, Mexico, New Zealand and even the 24th Century.

But what kinds of gift shops do they have in the 24th century?

By 11:15 I was going to bed. I did actually get to sleep that night! Almost six hours!

:eek:

We got our act together 45 minutes later than our target leaving time, (we build in 30 minutes to run late) and made it to the freeway when she asked, “Did you pack my arthritis pills?”

“Oh my god I forgot!” I gasped.

:scared1: D'oh!

Evidently they had changed the rules. They wanted us to pay $150 to check this third bag. Fran said, “So we'll carry it on.” Except that it had a bottle of wine, two Mtn Dews, and three bottles of water. Well you can't carry that stuff on. We reasoned it out and even at Disney’s inflated prices we couldn't justify paying $150 for about $12 worth of beverages, so the ticketing agent lucked out. She could have a party that night. With our now lighter bag, we headed to security.

$150?? That's just plain robbery. No wonder everybody hates airlines.

They brought lunch. I had picked the Lasagne over the Greek Salad, not so sure I chose wisely. It was pretty gross.

Is it supposed to be...orange?

DSCN9637.jpg

Man, you weren't kidding about the packing struggles.

We'll be there all week with a few beach days thrown in. :woohoo:We won't arrive to So Cal on 4/1 until about 7 pm I think. Our APs are good until the day we leave 4/8. :dancer:

Last edited:
Great travel day, sorry about having to go back to the house for the arthritis pills, thank goodness Fran thought about it though!

$150 for another bag :scared: that's beyond ridiculous. Glad all your drinks weren't lost though.

That lasagna looks not too bad to me :laughing: looks like a Michelina's frozen lasagna.

The room looks nice and spacious. Nice to go out for dinner, it looks quite yummy.

Checking in.

Well done on being so organized and getting some sleep.

I hope it is a trend that continues!

That sounds like a minor miracle.

Yeah with LA traffic!

What a pain that they changed the rules. $150 seems to be a lot to check an extra bag.

I guess since bags 1 & 2 are free they are discouraging folks from bringing that third bag now.

Yay another trip report!

:welcome: Glad to have you onboard. Or I guess Onboard is the next update!

I'm a long time lurker here and have enjoyed all your trip reports. Please finish up cleaning out your old apartment so you can rent it out and plan more trips and write more reports. We'd all really miss them, and you and Fran. Looking forward to reading this one. You're a very good writer and photographer.

:welcome: Both Fran and I were like :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: when I read this! We're doing our best, but the darned F&W Festival at DCA and then DISers coming to town are putting a damper on getting stuff out of there!

We're going to try and get some more out of there tomorrow.

I enjoy your trip reports, too!!!! I've been reading them for awhile, and it's fun to hear how other people experience and do Disney. I've done a lot of the trips and events, at various times, that you've shared, too! I'm in the Chicagoland area so I travel to both parks, too, plus DCL and ABD!

:welcome: Glad you came out of lurkdom! We've never done ABD as I'm not sure they have any programs that are accessible. We have been to Chicagoland! Ten years ago, but I lost all my digital pictures from 07-08 when a computer crashed.

And, I can so relate to your trying to clean out your apartment, etc. I'm trying to go through things that I don't use or need anymore, mostly in my basement, and I swear I have a half a basement full of Disney stuff. I don't know if I'll ever to get rid of the things (i.e.: pins) that I don't necessarily want anymore. I keep finding so much old Disney memorabilia that I treasure and will never get rid of, though!

We've been selling off lots of old Disney items, but have many many more to go!

I have some friends on the Fantasy this week on the Star Wars Cruise. Wish I could have joined them!

I'd go back again in a heartbeat!

Long time lurker, first time commenter. Love your reports...all of them - DL, WDW and DCL. You've done a lot of things that are on my Disney bucket list!

You keep saying that...:rolleyes1

But this time it was real. We will not be getting on a plane, a ship, or going on a road trip until the place is cleaned out. (Disneyland doesn't count.)

We'll be seeing that in less than a month!:woohoo:

Cool! I hope it's a you and Julie trip.

But what kinds of gift shops do they have in the 24th century?

Same kind. T-shirts and stuff.

$150?? That's just plain robbery. No wonder everybody hates airlines.

::yes::

Is it supposed to be...orange?

:confused3

Man, you weren't kidding about the packing struggles.

Huh? That's our normal suitcase haul, pretty much.

We'll be there all week with a few beach days thrown in. :woohoo:We won't arrive to So Cal on 4/1 until about 7 pm I think. Our APs are good until the day we leave 4/8. :dancer:

I'm having trouble thinking past next week. Oh crap, we have the accountant on the 5th, so maybe that afternoon or evening. The 2nd - 4th were going to be slammed. Fran does everything last minute.

Great travel day, sorry about having to go back to the house for the arthritis pills, thank goodness Fran thought about it though!

Better to go back than do without! We weren't very far yet.

$150 for another bag :scared: that's beyond ridiculous. Glad all your drinks weren't lost though.

I did spread them out just for that purpose.

That lasagna looks not too bad to me :laughing: looks like a Michelina's frozen lasagna.

It had no sauce and was really dry. I couldn't eat it.

The room looks nice and spacious. Nice to go out for dinner, it looks

The room was great! I was impressed with how large it was.

I'm finally here! Subbing to watch. Will be back to read and catch up soon. :)

:welcome: No worries! The report will still be here, although another update might be coming soon. :rolleyes1

Long time lurker, first time commenter. Love your reports...all of them - DL, WDW and DCL. You've done a lot of things that are on my Disney bucket list!

:welcome: I'm glad you could come out of lurkdom! We try to have fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter